HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Pic of the freshly completed hardhat cam...

Kevin

Nice hardhat Kevin
I. need to make something like that.
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:01 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Nice hardhat Kevin
I. need to make something like that.
THANKS!!!...It works well for a solid camera platform...But my wife is still making fun of me over it......She just doesn't understand....She says that she knows of no one that has strapped a camera to a hat...I keep trying to explain that a hatcam is common place in the RC industry...Of course she knows EVERYTHING and can't be convinced otherwise......My best play is to shut up......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:11 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post

THANKS!!!...It works well for a solid camera platform...But my wife is still making fun of me over it......She just doesn't understand....She says that she knows of no one that has strapped a camera to a hat...I keep trying to explain that a hatcam is common place in the RC industry...Of course she knows EVERYTHING and can't be convinced otherwise......My best play is to shut up......

Kevin
Perfect time to get her to start filming for you then, aye! Haha
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Perfect time to get her to start filming for you then, aye! Haha

Chuck your lucky that you have your wife film for you.
Can't get mine to do that.
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Chuck your lucky that you have your wife film for you.
Can't get mine to do that.
Lucky at that---All I get is a bunch of rolleyes and a half-arsed attempt at getting a video....Might as well be pissing into the wind!!!......

Kevin
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,919 Posts
Turnem---Awefully tallented fingers ya got there!!!...I saw too many bonus points to keep count of......So many, that you've made ALL of us look like rookie flyers with two left thumbs...I dunno how the judges will score your flights but I'm recommending that totally humiliating the rest of us gets you negative points......

Kevin
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:56 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,745 Posts
Today was breezy at the field, so I flew a flat profile plane, then my Edge 540QQ.... but the profile plane needed a taileron re-hinge... and the Edge got it's nose dinged and needs motor mount work... so the only small plane I had with me was the Sbach, in it's cozy little box.

What the heck, I took it out, and I'll be darned -- those couple of days goofing around to get some clips for the hover contest have clearly helped. I did not get any vid, but today, I actually got it to hover for maybe two seconds before falling out -- that's the most I've ever been able to hover this guy. I eventually ended up putting five batteries through it mostly flying 'sport' but occasionally shifting to high alpha slow passes along the runway ending in a hover. It was pretty good fun, most I've had with this plane, and did not break a thing on it!

I think the lesson for me is that I have too many planes and fly too many in any given day -- need to pick one and really concentrate on it for many flights per day, for several days or even for a couple weeks to pick up the subtleties and make adjustments.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Today was breezy at the field, so I flew a flat profile plane, then my Edge 540QQ.... but the profile plane needed a taileron re-hinge... and the Edge got it's nose dinged and needs motor mount work... so the only small plane I had with me was the Sbach, in it's cozy little box.

What the heck, I took it out, and I'll be darned -- those couple of days goofing around to get some clips for the hover contest have clearly helped. I did not get any vid, but today, I actually got it to hover for maybe two seconds before falling out -- that's the most I've ever been able to hover this guy. I eventually ended up putting five batteries through it mostly flying 'sport' but occasionally shifting to high alpha slow passes along the runway ending in a hover. It was pretty good fun, most I've had with this plane, and did not break a thing on it!

I think the lesson for me is that I have too many planes and fly too many in any given day -- need to pick one and really concentrate on it for many flights per day, for several days or even for a couple weeks to pick up the subtleties and make adjustments.
Good talking points!!!..I, too, am guilty of having a lot of planes where I can fly them pretty well but not be the best that I could be if I stuck with one and practiced...

I know of one thing for certain---This contest has made me a better all around flyer!!!...Especially with jets I get lazy on the rudder...This flying has reworked my brain to use the rudder as it should be...

It's a bit rainy here today so I don't know if I'll get in any flights...Not that it really matters as Turnem has set the bar!!!...I know when I've been whipped---He has shown all of us that this little buggar CAN be tamed!!!

Kevin
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:45 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,607 Posts
Quote:

I think the lesson for me is that I have too many planes and fly too many in any given day

I don't think that is possible!!!!
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:08 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
I don't think that is possible!!!!
heh heh

TRUE!

I should have qualified that remark with the clause: [too many planes and fly too many] "...to make me a better pilot..."

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,414 Posts
Quote:

Really good point. I plead guilty to this one 100%. I think it's partially like an old old saying about another sport. It has always been said in the shooting and hunting sports that beware of the man that has just one gun, he probably really knows how to use it. I know one guy that flies with our club that always shows up with the same airplane and man can he all but fly the wings off of it. It's like it's part of him. I feel this is what would really help me, but I just can't get rid of the PAS (plane acquisition syndrome) - I'm always looking for the ultimate, and wanting something new when in reality, it's my skills that are lacking, not the plane that I want to replace with something new and better. But they do keep coming up with new things that are better for sure.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,188 Posts
Those are true RC-Addict Confessions, Bobly.

Ask me how I know..........

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:27 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Those are true RC-Addict Confessions, Bobly.

Ask me how I know..........

lol!
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:41 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,919 Posts
I have a plane addiction as well...I like to have a variety to choose from as they all exhibit different behaviors...My wife doesn't understand----She told me that I can only fly one plane at a time---I quickly retorted that she can only wear one set of shoes at a time...First time I can remember her not having a snappy comeback...Game, set, match---...However, I did spent the night on the couch that evening and didn't get any plane goodies for a month!!!.........Some things are better answered with a "Yes, dear"!!!!......

Kevin
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:51 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,637 Posts
Hey all, one more day for beating turnerm, er, submitting last minute videos. Regardless, I hope that everyone ( except Pugsam) had as much fun with this contest as I did. And Pug, all teasing aside, thanks for playing bad cop so masterfully. Great flying all the way around and thanks to all for the comraderie and unselfish sacrificing of your sbach airframes! Merry Christmas to all!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings