United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I ask so I know how much to right the check
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
GOOD comeback!!!!...Gotta put that one to memory!!!......

Kevin
Like this play toy I picked up last week!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
There's a lot of reading here in this thread that would answer that question if you were really interested. There are only a couple of 3D moves this thing can't do and that's because it has no mass. For example, it can't do a pop-top.

But, crimony... how can you sell such a capable plane that will run on 3S and give you 300watts/lb.?? Ah, well... to each his own...
I guess those are good reasons. But meh. I didn't like it. Oh well. I bought a profile plane from RAcores. We'll see how that works out once I build it.
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:28 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
I bought this model a couple weeks back. Flew it 4 or 5 times and sold it to a friend. I dunno what it is that people enjoy about them. I think eflite is using the term 3D a little loosely.
Sorry it did not work out for you.

And, as a very happy owner and a frequent flier of both the ASX "3D" Beast, and the ASX "3D" Sbach, I agree 100% that they are using the term 3D a bit loosely, on those two offerings in particular.

Now, when it comes to the new Edge540qq.... I think the term is right on the money!

Woot -- - the mailman brought the new 450mah 3S packs for the Edge just now, so I'm ready to hit the park with it this afternoon!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:29 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,602 Posts
Nice timing.
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,768 Posts
My converted V1 Sbach just developed a high speed elevator flutter out of nowhere..

I examined and the "hinges" on one side separated. I taped the langth of the hinge and was happy that I thought I found the problem... Nope.. Still flutters at high speed.. Very rapid flutter, barely affects the way it flies, but I can tell when it's happening. And I can hear the servo, sounds like a dolphin. hahaaa

What else to check? I tried a different hole on the control horn and same result.. I'm about to just do a new fuselage/tail if I can't figure it out.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:04 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdomification View Post
Well I maidened! It was a pretty short flight though as it got too dark. The battery charged fine with the Parkzone charger as well.
The plane feels very floaty after flying the Micro T-28. I think it's because it has so much power :-)
The landing was tough too as I couldn't really see the plane and my elevator was on low-rates (70%). Because I was landing on grass, I was planning to harrier in but I didn't have enough throw and it just flipped forwards with no damage.
The bad news: I have a dodgy elevator servo! After flying, my Dad and I looked at the throws to adjust the dual-rates. On full down elevator, the servo just hung for a few seconds. I brought the travel down to 90% but it still stuck. It has become even worse and now when I use down elevator it gets stuck at about half-stick!
It's a pity as I don't want to pester Modelflight about replacements!
What do you guys think I should do?

Tom
Tom,

DEFINATELY go back to Modelflight and get a fix. (I am sorry, have not pulled the SBach open, so not sure if it is a separate servo, or integrated to the board.) HH is excellent here in North America on their service, so assume MF will be the same for them over there.

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:08 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
My converted V1 Sbach just developed a high speed elevator flutter out of nowhere..

I examined and the "hinges" on one side separated. I taped the langth of the hinge and was happy that I thought I found the problem... Nope.. Still flutters at high speed.. Very rapid flutter, barely affects the way it flies, but I can tell when it's happening. And I can hear the servo, sounds like a dolphin. hahaaa

What else to check? I tried a different hole on the control horn and same result.. I'm about to just do a new fuselage/tail if I can't figure it out.
How many hours are on the servos? Maybe the elevator servo just needs to be cleaned.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:17 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdomification View Post
The bad news: I have a dodgy elevator servo! After flying, my Dad and I looked at the throws to adjust the dual-rates. On full down elevator, the servo just hung for a few seconds. I brought the travel down to 90% but it still stuck. It has become even worse and now when I use down elevator it gets stuck at about half-stick!
It's a pity as I don't want to pester Modelflight about replacements!
What do you guys think I should do?

Tom
The servos are not on the brick like the B3D, all 4 servos are separate. With it being new you could take it back to MF, however if you can source some DeOxit that might fix up the servo.Get the F series Fader lube. I give mine a tiny squirt every 50 flights or so.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,602 Posts
I have a bad aileron servo. Sometimes gets the jitters. Not up and down flapping like its looking for center. Just the jitters. I've sprayed it with DeOxit, but no fix. I wonder if I have to take it apart and clean it also? BTW...its not the AS3X that kicking in, it does it before throttle up and on the bench at home.
Mike
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post

too much play in linkages, u-bend?

extra glue on horizontal stab where meets fuse?

extra carbon rod on horizontal stab?
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,602 Posts
I'm rebuilding my Sbach after a very bad landing, actually there wasn't much of a landing, more like an explosion of Styrofoam. FoamTac is amazing and I used it to make hinges on the ailerons. Used too much and the aileron wasn't flexable enough so I took a hot blade and removed about 3/4 of the cured FoamTac. Aileron is servicable, but doesn't look so good now. The fuse is probably on it's last fix and so is the wing. I'm wondering about a rainy day rebuild. Should I use airframe parts from the old version Sbach or the new? My Sbach is a converted old version.
Old or new? What do you guys think?
Mike
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:14 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
I'm rebuilding my Sbach after a very bad landing, actually there wasn't much of a landing, more like an explosion of Styrofoam. FoamTac is amazing and I used it to make hinges on the ailerons. Used too much and the aileron wasn't flexable enough so I took a hot blade and removed about 3/4 of the cured FoamTac. Aileron is servicable, but doesn't look so good now. The fuse is probably on it's last fix and so is the wing. I'm wondering about a rainy day rebuild. Should I use airframe parts from the old version Sbach or the new? My Sbach is a converted old version.
Old or new? What do you guys think?
Mike
If it were me, I'd put an ad out on classifieds for aiframe only and see what pops up. I'd guess that there are a lot of folks who might want to buy a new version just for the guts to put into their old V1. Personally, I think the new version is prettier, though I have to admit that I've lost orientation with it once or twice.

So, my vote is - get what you can, and if given a choice, go BLUE!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:15 PM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post

And, as a very happy owner and a frequent flier of both the ASX "3D" Beast, and the ASX "3D" Sbach, I agree 100% that they are using the term 3D a bit loosely, on those two offerings in particular.

Now, when it comes to the new Edge540qq.... I think the term is right on the money!
Wow..you think it's good huh? After flying the Beast and the Sbach, I thought to myself I can't trust eflite's 3D branding. But then when I watch videos on the 540qq, it really DOES look like a 3D plane. I just don't wanna spend the money to be disappointed again.

But maybe the 540qq is what I need.
Var. is offline Find More Posts by Var.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:17 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,553 Posts
maybe ...some ....SKILLSSSS.....LOL
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:26 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var. View Post
Wow..you think it's good huh? After flying the Beast and the Sbach, I thought to myself I can't trust eflite's 3D branding. But then when I watch videos on the 540qq, it really DOES look like a 3D plane. I just don't wanna spend the money to be disappointed again.

But maybe the 540qq is what I need.
I'll admit that the branding 3D was used loosely. However the sbach3d is perfectly capable of almost all 3D maneuvers. Pop-tops being an exception, then again anyone that expects a 2oz piece of foan to have the energy required is delusional.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon