Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Broose27, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:55 PM
Late starter
Swan Hill, Victoria
Joined Jan 2010
169 Posts
Discussion
Electric fun fly update and other stuff

Getting a wee bit excited about October 13-14 (we might as well call it October 12-14, cos most say they'll be rocking up a day early, plus a few of us locals are taking the Friday off anyway!)

Some great news with 5 sponsors now on the books, and a heap of electric heli interest from Melbourne. Likely to be some big Australian names in helicopters showing their stuff, plus a lot of first-time visitors to SHMAC from South Australia, which wil be great. Also this year there's no clash with another nearby fun fly, so a few blokes from Mildura will be able to attend as well.

If everything goes well, there's a chance a dedicated heli event could be established which would be awesome for the club and local region.

Our year would then be our own SHMAC Down fun fly in April, the AEFA's electric event in October, and a heli event somewhere in between, with us flying every weekend in between...

The field is about as bad as it gets right now, with windy weather preventing spraying the strips, but all things going well, that will happen in the next week and allow for a couple of clean-ups in the two weeks leading to the event. We are the absolute masters of leaving things to the last minute, but to be honest, that's part of the attraction of being in the club...

This weekend I've got a lot on, so I'll be flying Saturday afternoon, and giving some airtime to our two newest members to keep them keen. Both either have models or models on order, so by the time daylight savings gets here, they'll be fully into it.

Too much on lately with kids' stuff, so haven't done much flying, although I snuck out before work Monday with the bro-in-law for some lipos in the Hyperion Extra and the trusty SE5a (I'm just waiting for the ESC to cark it, but so far so good with the stock gear!!).

Cheers for now.
Broose27 is offline Find More Posts by Broose27
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Seagull Westland Lysander ARF
to remove ads between posts