HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:52 AM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Omaha Millard, Nebraska, United States
Joined Sep 2004
4,062 Posts
No problem Steve!

Nice picture of Don with his Kellett on floats on page 149 in the Feb. edition of Model Aviation! Looking good Don!
Joe
jodini is offline Find More Posts by jodini
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:26 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,240 Posts
Looking forward to seeing that, but haven't received my issue yet....

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:07 PM
Joined Sep 2004
4,062 Posts
It's a picture of Don, without his shirt on, laying on the beach with his Profile Kellett. I believe it's in the centerfold.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:35 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,240 Posts
Oh Dear!!!!

And Don came over and we got the gear bent for the whirley-gig, also stuck the main shaft in my lathe and sanded it down, so, I'm set to go...

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:55 PM
Sky's not the limit, ground is
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodini View Post
It's a picture of Don, without his shirt on, laying on the beach with his Profile Kellett. I believe it's in the centerfold.
Yikes! That's not a pretty picture
skydanz is offline Find More Posts by skydanz
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:55 PM
Joined Sep 2004
4,062 Posts
That's probably the toughest things to do right there! You'll be flying by Sunday!
Joe
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:57 AM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodini View Post
Oh and when my stomach was just starting to stop flip flopping too.

Bill
Mud Duck Bill is offline Find More Posts by Mud Duck Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:00 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,240 Posts
If you think that would be bad, you wouldn't even want to see me dressed like that.....

Don and I live very close to each other, and about 40 miles away from us (just north of Santa Cruz, CA.) is Bonny Dune beach, which used to be a nude beach. That last time I went there, I fell asleep on the beach and woke up to find a bunch of people trying to put me into the water...They thought I was some new big weird pink breed of walrus.....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:37 AM
Sky's not the limit, ground is
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
855 Posts
Howz it going with the Kellett Steve? You should have that puppy about done by now. When are we going to fly it? Maybe you don't want me involved after my recent experiences?

D
skydanz is offline Find More Posts by skydanz
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:14 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,240 Posts
Well....right now it is sitting on the floor in my office...Just too many things going on lately to have a chance to work on it (taxes yesterday, Social security today..etc..etc..).....and I still have to finish clearing off my building table. But I do intend to get started on it very shortly!!!
And as to taxes.....getting $6121.00 back this year!!!

Also, you will have two of these to help a friend and I with, as he bought Joe's last kit.... And....since I'm pretty picky about some things, I went and bought some more music wire and bent new landing gear for it, now all measurements match....I got my bender figured out know, so I can help my buddy bend his....
And, I have thought about picking up one of the Durafly Auto-G's to play with as a learning tool, and something cheap to thrash around.....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:45 PM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
And, I have thought about picking up one of the Durafly Auto-G's to play with as a learning tool, and something cheap to thrash around.....
SteveT.
That is my game plan also. I got the Kellett kit from Joe last fall but haven't had a chance to get to it yet. The Auto G jumped in line in the build queue and is currently on the bench. Having followed both threads I think the Kellett might be a bit an easier flyer for a first time gyro but the Auto G is a better selection as a learning "beater." That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

I should get the Auto G done tomorrow and get to the Kellett build this weekend. The Auto G is pretty much a 30 minute build. The Kellett is a more involved build, but that is what I was looking for when I ordered it.
Ah, the smell of balsa dust in the morning.

Now if only Mother Nature would cooperate. Our weather is getting ready to tank.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:06 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,203 Posts
Well Fellas:
I think the time for another Kellett maiden is nearing, I have had the Kellett kite done sence last October.
Then the hip that I had put in back in 2006 decided to let go down inside the bone. By the time we figured out what was keeping me off my feet it was December then I had to wait for the surgeon. In January I had the revision done, long rehab with some set backs but I now can walk again and want to get back on the flight line.
Now it is a wait and see with the weather but as soon as the field is clear LOOK OUT !!! I have had a lot of time to fix and repair a hole bunch of flying things so I have a full hanger to revisit.

Bill
Mud Duck Bill is offline Find More Posts by Mud Duck Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:24 PM
The 1st Sofaman
United States, NJ, Hawthorne
Joined Mar 2012
495 Posts
Can't wait to her in the air. I will build another one after summer. Glad you will be feeling better.
Sofaman NJ is offline Find More Posts by Sofaman NJ
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:24 PM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,759 Posts
Hey Bro...you go get them..............glad your feeling better.........
Chris......
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Old Jul 03, 2013, 04:59 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,546 Posts
deleted
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Last edited by Rickochet; Jul 04, 2013 at 08:42 PM.