SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:12 AM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
328 Posts
Discussion
US Ambassador to Libya killed

They've killed our Ambassador to Libya over a freakin movie!!! That makes two embassies that are under attack now. I'm pretty sure thats considered a act of war? http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88B0EI20120912

Will be interesting to see what our president does with this one today.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Last edited by winndaddy; Sep 12, 2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:26 AM
Joined May 2010
42 Posts
OK act of war. umm when are we going to declare the wars we are already in?
and this
Wes Clark - America's Foreign Policy "Coup" (8 min 13 sec)

i guess he was correct.
QQuestor is offline Find More Posts by QQuestor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:44 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
I've yet to see the "offensive video" that resulted in the murder of our Ambassador and the Americans who were with him.

By the way, yes, whatever the Obama does in response, this is very much "an act of war" no matter how you want to spin it or deny it or passify it or ignore it.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:52 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
The attacks in Libya and Egypt both occurred on 9-11. Coincidence? I think not.

Perhaps if Obama attended more than 44% (this year 38%) of his Presidential Daily Briefs he would be more on top of these threats to our citizens and country. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...port-Hilarious
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:59 AM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
This sounds like part Mr Obama's father's dream.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:17 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
This sounds like part Mr Obama's father's dream.
EH
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:36 AM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Do you know what will make America look weak? Apologizing for upsetting the idiots who killed our ambassador, and then not doing anything about it. It's disheartning.
My heart goes out to the Americans killed. I'm sure they had a passion for those people or countries to be over there in the first place(maybe not all), yet the cavemen couldn't understand that.

This would be like if someone on here made fun of God, so I went and shot my athiest neighbor. Senseless. Idk why we have any personnel in those barbaric countries anyway.

Oh, btw, looks like taking down Gafdi worked out well....
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Drudge has a picture that may be the dead ambassador being carried by a member of the mob. http://www.drudgereport.com/

Quote:
“The Americans were targeted in an attack in their car, trying to move to a safer venue away from the violent protests that erupted at the U.S. Consulate, Reuters reported. Stevens died of suffocation, while the three other personnel were killed by gunshot wounds, CBS News reports.”
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:46 AM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
EH
There is a book and a movie ET, come on now.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:54 AM
Not watchin from the sideline
United States, OH
Joined Nov 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
Do you know what will make America look weak? Apologizing for upsetting the idiots who killed our ambassador, and then not doing anything about it. It's disheartning.
My heart goes out to the Americans killed. I'm sure they had a passion for those people or countries to be over there in the first place(maybe not all), yet the cavemen couldn't understand that.

This would be like if someone on here made fun of God, so I went and shot my athiest neighbor. Senseless. Idk why we have any personnel in those barbaric countries anyway.

Oh, btw, looks like taking down Gafdi worked out well....
Do you propose we should go to war? Call it apologizing, but the best strategy isnt going to be immediately bombing the out their country. Dont get me wrong... I believe this is very much to be an act of war.

I am also especially pissed off that this was do to some low view youtube video... But maybe we should risk the chance of looking "weak" if we are going to handle it as poorly as we did with our other two wars.

My main point being; if we decide to go too war lets at least think it through.

Yeaman is offline Find More Posts by Yeaman
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:00 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Where were the Marines?
Quote:
Security at the consulate was apparently provided by Libyan nationals hired by the United States. While security for American embassies is typically provided by our own Marines, the two Marines reported killed in yesterday’s attacks appear not to have been stationed at the embassy, but were sent there from another unknown location as the violence erupted. There is also no indication if these two Marines were the only American military personnel on site at the time of Ambassador Stevens’s death.

All reports indicate that the security forces at the consulate were overwhelmed by the size of the militant crowds and offered no resistance as they stormed the building, looted it, and killed the four Americans.
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/1...-to-be-killed/
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:12 AM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeaman View Post
Do you propose we should go to war? Call it apologizing, but the best strategy isnt going to be immediately bombing the out their country. Dont get me wrong... I believe this is very much to be an act of war.

I am also especially pissed off that this was do to some low view youtube video... But maybe we should risk the chance of looking "weak" if we are going to handle it as poorly as we did with our other two wars.

My main point being; if we decide to go too war lets at least think it through.

I'm talking about maybe not telling the guards to let them climb the walls.
Maybe send in a couple of spec ops to recover the bodies and destroy those in possession of the bodies, or who resist. To demand of the governement that they capture these criminals themselves.

and we already have bombed the heck out of lybia. Maybe we can just explain the explosions now as "previously unexploded ordinance"

I don't want another war, no one does. But we have to do SOMETHING about our Ambassadors being killed, and condemning the person in the US who was exercising their free speech is NOT what we should be doing.
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:12 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winndaddy View Post
They've killed our Ambassador to Libya over a freakin movie!!! That makes two embassies that are under attack now. I'm pretty sure thats considered a act of war? http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88B0EI20120912

Will be interesting to see what our president does with this one today.
Aren't both of those embassies in places we helped "free"? Is this a direct result of Obama's actions? Just more proof that many muslims are at war with the West's way of life, not just the US.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined May 2010
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
I'm talking about maybe not telling the guards to let them climb the walls.
Maybe send in a couple of spec ops to recover the bodies and destroy those in possession of the bodies, or who resist. To demand of the governement that they capture these criminals themselves.

and we already have bombed the heck out of lybia. Maybe we can just explain the explosions now as "previously unexploded ordinance"

I don't want another war, no one does. But we have to do SOMETHING about our Ambassadors being killed, and condemning the person in the US who was exercising their free speech is NOT what we should be doing.
there in lies the rub.
id imagine the feelings here in America if China invaded us.
but the Noeconed love War no mater whom it kills. woman children grandparents. (ie if you are near someone we think is a terrorist you gonna die too.)
QQuestor is offline Find More Posts by QQuestor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:16 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Has either government came out and apologized or made a statement?
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492