SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:32 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Wow, I thought people gave up on side-by-sides! That configuration uses speed differential between two motors to provide movement and limited turning ability. It looks like it might have servos that rotate arms, too. The extremely tall configuration, with weight in the bottom, provides stability. The concept is the same as the ArtTech K22 transverse array, which used weight and a long tall for stability. The K22 configuration was a terrible handler. This tall configuration appears to be much more stable, but from experience with this type of setup, performance and handling are poor. It tolerates no wind at all. It's more of a novelty than anything else. If it was a good configuration, you would see a lot more of them. You saw how the damn thing flies, do you have to ask if it's any good? But, if that's what floats your boat, go for it! You are going to need one of these, a program interface with cable and the latest version of Arduino software: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/kcopter-m...3l-ms5611.html.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Oct 11, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:46 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
One of these days I'll make a video about it, but I've spent about 5 hours this week trying to finish my "HK vs. Align" video... and it's no where near done. Yeah, I have 5 hours worth of material on that issue
I'll watch that. It should generate a lot of reasoned discussion.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:20 PM
Joined Nov 2011
157 Posts
Zappy, Oh ho ho ho Yeah! Ha ha ha! Quite difficult. But I've been having fun with it in my garage. Video to come.
Ron_RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron_RC
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
anyway what is tuning for ? i dont get it . is it a must to tune when doing copters
zappygon is offline Find More Posts by zappygon
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Nov 2011
157 Posts
Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappygon View Post
anyway what is tuning for ? i dont get it . is it a must to tune when doing copters
zappygon,
The issue I've found with tuning my power tower is every time I adjust the roll (Aileron) to fly level, it makes one rotor speed up to catch up to the other. That causes it to do more yaw so I have to correct the yaw. Another issue is that the pitch is either going one way or the other. Then, once I had it dialed in, I had to adjust the gyro settings like I do on my other multirotors. All the while I'm holding the frame in one hand while trying to adjust my TX with the other.. Ha ha! Kinda like riding a unicycle, playing a drum and harmonica at the same time. But it's getting there and I give it about 10 to 15 minutes of attention a day. Hope this helps!
Ron_RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron_RC