SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:54 PM
Shiok Lah
The little red dot
Joined Sep 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Does this mean that a sensible low-self discharge battery pack, eg LSD NiMH or LiFe/lipo will fit?

I'm new to mouldies (only have Tomcat and Dorado), and what annoyed me most about the two I have, especially the Tomcat (and I don't care who is supposed to bear the blame, RCRCM or James), was the lack of battery installation space. What I'd like to use is a 4.8V AA low self-discharge NiMH.

With the weather we've had during the past couple of years limiting flying opportunities, being able to charge batteries immediately after a flying session, and have them still charged and ready to go when a sudden clearance in the weather occurs would be helpful.

If this aspect doesn't get fixed in future designs, then I guess both James and Tony will be culpable

Gordon
We have similar conditions here, it rains and rains then suddenly the perfect day for sloping, it rain and rain again the following days.

I'm currently running several 700mah LIFE packs direct (largest that can fit into the tomcat's nose) ...seriously considering switching to 4/5 cells packs of the new black 2500mah enerloops so that I have enough juice for a whole day's flying and there no need to switch the packs out every other flight.
Ghostfit is offline Find More Posts by Ghostfit
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2014, 04:22 AM
Bristol, UK
Joined Jul 2009
58 Posts
anyone seen a hurricane?

There's been no sign of, or talk of the Hammond Hurricane for ages now. What's the latest status James? I'm sure you have lots of potential buyers waiting patiently. Presumably it will cost less than the Schwing?
bennyh is online now Find More Posts by bennyh