SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:02 AM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,929 Posts
I have bought from edf hobbies, he stand's behind his stuff, even conterfit copies.
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:03 AM
hotrod builder
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2007
1,156 Posts
coun·ter·feit adjective \ˈkau̇nt-ər-ˌfit\
Definition of COUNTERFEIT
1: made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive :

I wouldn't want to be standing behind it

usmc_VTOL_mech is offline Find More Posts by usmc_VTOL_mech
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:33 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
You ever had an issue where the motor leads get pulled upon from the fan thrust? ...
No, but I don't mount the esc behind the fan in the airflow cause in some situations it will reduce thrust especially in a thrust tube...make a vertical test stand and see for yourself...I have a lot of time on my hands some times.

The sparks looks like they are bearings...I've only had an issue with one motor with bearings.

Quote:
...And where did you buy it from? (I am just trying to determine exactly what is that I have)
EDFHobbies...I just ran one of the motors up in an eflight fan...I've not had an issue with them even after putting 2000 watts through them with multiple flights.

They are good for 2500 watts IMHO, the run I did with 3000 watts was without a heatsink and no compound on the metal shroud.

If they are counterfeits they are dog on good counterfeits

I've sent you a PM
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:40 AM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
741 Posts
Erh7771,
I watched your video and you are getting great thrust/watts,ect,,,,but,,it is not a velocity motor...
Its strange the one I bought last year was the real deal and now these solid black motors with no idetification markings or sticker to show what they are...
Heres a pic of the motor I recieved last year,,,not 2950,but 2900 like Velocity motors are supposed to be..
Whalley,
I would cut your losses now and just get your stuff from effluxrc.com
He will NOT sell a knockoff,or whatever it is....he keeps good standing with the manufacturers and you get what you pay for...Even if they did run as erh's motors they are still selling motors falsely advertised and charging tpo of the line prices....
This is not right and it really sucks!
You deserve some damn good running motors...I think you've earned it and then some....
Try to hang in there..................Chris
Hover or die is online now Find More Posts by Hover or die
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:44 AM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
Hey Chris,

Is the wiring out of your motor hard copper like on the typhoon or silicone wiring (which is easy to solder).
Mounting the ESC behind the motor is always my favourite choice for best cooling but these leads are shocking long!

br,
Erik

btw,I wouldn't recommend mounting the ESC behind the motor if one cannot balance the rotor smooth as snot at all rpm range.
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
741 Posts
Erik,
They are copper (stranded)but are either tinned or soldered for the last inch or so on each lead...They take solder very well..
Hope that helps....................Chris

Let me know if you would like a pic to see what they look like up close...
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:25 PM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
Thx for the comment. Don't remove the soldered strands because you will have a PITA to retin the strands. Seems these motors are not in favour for mounting the ESC behind the motor.

br,
erik
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:53 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
923 Posts
Let the truth be told!

These motors that I have purchased from edfhobbies.com are in fact manufactured by Velocity but are packaged differently for copyright reasons. (the end caps are not blue like the Velocity) They are intended to be a response to the Arc motors and they are not being sold as an Arc motor. For whatever reasons that they had been called counterfeit motors is unsubstantiated.
I have been in communication with edfhobbies about this "counterfeit" accusation and we had a discussion which I feel poorly about.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
Let the truth be told!
The truth according to who?
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Feb 2011
192 Posts
Actually Both the edfhobbies and Velocity RC are Teshock it took a lot of leg work to track down the maker. I have attached the Price List from 2 years ago (picture from computer screen) it is in excel and this site does not accept those types uploads. Notice the blue end caps! also here is a google search on tenshock posting the same PICs... Edf end caps differ for copy protection.

Here is a funny story the Chinese are very... well i don't have a name for it, but i can tell you they wont go out of the way to help you out unless it involves them getting a piece of the action. Well UnAmerican comes to mind!

When I asked my sales person.. (will not name) Do you make these for velocity RC (he or she said yes... I later told Anthony I had tenshock motor list and wondered why he felt he needed to make 20.00 a motor profit when all he was doing was making a sales call for me. I later got a IM for Tenshock that I had got them in trouble since they spilt the beans about the motors. Yes Anthony called Tenshock and got the sales person in trouble and ratted the sales person out! very crapy i think!

https://www.google.com/search?q=tens...w=1260&bih=701

You see why pay Anthony of Velocity rc $50.00 a motor when I can buy for $27.00 and I can sell cheaper to you. One guy gets a bad motor or 2 and complains then the shillers and name callers come out cause they got there favorite brands or hookups.

Now seeing that this is a Free country, you Have the freedom of speech except unless your on here. If you want to pay advertising fees U can have the freedom of speech....to get away with saying anything negative to other vendors or members, you have to pay for advertisement not fair but understandable So go ahead i'm sure this will be blocked!. I have left this site alone for 2 years. because I don't pay fees for advertisement nor do I need anyones help my service and word of mouth will speak for it self just like my turf grass company has http://mysite.verizon.net/metcalfj/id7.html but I will protect my reputation here its my right! You watch only paying advertisers can express there opinions with out any worries of being banned or kick out.

Its totally understandable i work for a country club and the paying member(in this case Paying vendor) is always right. Something you learn in the service industry. I'm always willing to help a customer or stand behind my products but when a customer comes here and stirs up trouble for me that's out the window.

EDFhobbies says our motors are the Answer to the ARC... NOT this is a ARC... Tenshock Motors do out perform ARC. look at the spec sheet from ARC website VS spec from tenshock
ARC SITE:http://www.eletechnic.com/products_en_b28.htm
Tenshock: see attachment

Let me make my self clear If I wanted the ARC I would get the ARC from china not DAVE! I dont PAY the middle man! and I would sale cheaper so we can all fly and support out families. but these tenshock motors are better. they have Japanese bearings, 4mm shafts, stronger magnets and better windings.

If I want elfite or himax Ill get them! And that goes for HET motors to!

Look I do just a little better than break even with the RC web store. I have 2 other jobs. I dont have to do this! I have a turf business that kicks the crap out of this business. But I love talking to people about the planes and speed and the hobby and flying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

But really mad vendors that are mad at me for making the hobby affordable, customers that use the forum to complain before contacting me, and shillers make me mad!

If you want to lose someone that all ways answers the phones, provides high performance affordable edf parts just keep it up.

I would like to say that all my supporters do make it worth it! and I thankyou for the backing and loyalty.

god bless keep on flying!
latinajet is offline Find More Posts by latinajet
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
741 Posts
Jack,
Actually you have the manufacterer listed as ARC,very confusing to say the least!
Are you the one that did the "mounting" of all these motors and the "balancing" or an employee?
Most folks just like to know what they are spending their hard earned funds on...
When i bought my motor from you it was listed as a velocity/EDFHobbies answer to the ARC..now its listed as something entirely different with the manufacterer listed as ARC?
I hope you can see where this is quite confusing!
My motor (from edfhobbies)came looking just like the pic and then you see the pic of Whalleys and ERH,s motors and they look nothing like the pic...Maybe if you explained some of this stuff on the site there would not be so much ("mis")information being posted..
I only post whats there to see as I get nothing free from anyone nor do I want anything....well I do like getting what I pay for....
I guess you posted all the spam to assure your post gets deleted....typical
One could also read into your post that you have lost your right to sell velocity motors due to all the different things you are passing off as velocity merchandise..Otherwise why come in here and out velocity?I haven't seen a post from them at all yet you come here to say they are just another brand....(sour grapes?)..I also could be 100% wrong?
Usually if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck,its a freakin 'duck!
Looking at your google link i do not see "the exact same pics",they show a solid black motor with the same shaped endcaps and a computer drawing of a motor with a different color blue end cap but thats not even a real picture?
Last edited by Hover or die; Nov 14, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Feb 2011
192 Posts
Velocity/EDFhobbies 2950kv 70mm 6s Extreme motor our answer to the ARC motors.

this is how it reads...

I see your point at the time of the listing i had both in stock now I only have 36mm of the labeled velocity motors...

the motor are identical I assure you.

NO i posted the truth.. really I don't want positive or negative feedback from here its not worth my trouble cause i have proved for the past 2 years i don't need this place. Or need the bullying, shilling, or proving that I have to go out my way to do!

And I don't need 300.00 fans to be Xtreme!

That's whats its about!

OK let me back my fact you want to see a HIMAX/eflite motor with out there decal and color to prove my point!

http://www.chinahimark.com/ here is your Himax and the maker of eflite

I plan on getting the 2150kv with 5mm shaft and selling as a replacement for the 80mm fan but no it wont be 79.99 it will be around 45.00

So and your bashing me for what?

Look Im bringing u the same product at a better price..

You ever hear of Aldi grocery store? Heck Kroger for that matter now you now u bought a grocery store brand over Del Monte or the Giant RIGHT?
Last edited by latinajet; Nov 14, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,864 Posts
I like making vids cause it cuts through a lot of stuff.

If I was velocity and saw a vid of someone shoving 3000 watts through an unsunk 70mm motor that was claimed to be theirs Id happily accept it was my motor....I'd rather buy the one that can eat 3000 watts...than one that can't or hasn't been proven so.

right?

I had a shaft bend on the motor, Jack drove to my house SOUTH of DFW when he lives north of the metropolis and gave me another shaft.

FREE!!!

No questions asked.

That's why folk who live in this big metro area who fly EDF like to deal with him so I'm leaning on the side that Jack works with people...If there's somethin wrong he's gone out of his way to make it right and I think that will continue...

I have a 3 other concrete tales of Jack being very generous to me and others....an example of a great vendor.
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:40 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
923 Posts
This here is the source of all the confusion:

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352947158.374183.jpg
Views: 84
Size: 94.4 KB
Description:

Jack, what say you straighten this little detail up on your website? Thanks kindly.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Feb 2011
192 Posts
u are correct then.. I had no idea what you where talking about til now. and never even noticed that. I don't know if that is a default or since ARC is in the description the web designer put that.

I see what happened... I made it to where if you clicked on ARC motors ICON or link my brand or velocity would come to give you an alternative. by doing that it changed the manufacture as well. Hopefully anyone with I-page web hosting will back me.