HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:31 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by themudduck View Post
Thanks for your comments Orrin. The lighting is a deceptive thing at the building we were in. It is indirect lighting and the facility is not dark. I've been at other indoor events that are much darker, and some where the lights are shining right in your eyes. .
When we had the KEIF event at Muncy PA. Dome, there was the band of lights all the way around. You would loose sight of your plane in that 5 or so foot stripe of bright light. Indoor lighting is not easy. Genevo is a great complex and we are still lucky to have a place like this for an event, they are hard to come by.... and keep... The Muncy Dome location is now a place to park Gas Well drilling equipment.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:46 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,071 Posts
I believe all the comments have been pretty positive. Are there some things that need to be addressed, sure, I am sure that will happen and the changes that need to be made will happen. Safety, keeping people from running into helies and such are important. Every event has some minor problems that with some thinking will be changed for the better.

I have been to many events, both indoor and outdoor ones. They are a lot of work.

This is a great place from all that I have been told.

I am sure in a couple more years, this will become the largest indoor event. I am sure it has the potential to do so.

The Team did it again.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred

The steel drums fascinate me. Marc looked really cool/ hip with his hat and hair.
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:05 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
The steel drums fascinate me.
Me too. Steve and his wife have a really great steel band there. But I was looking for the virgin pina coladas to drink all weekend!
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:23 AM
Consumer of Toast
USA, NY, Ashville
Joined Nov 2010
258 Posts
+1 on the steel drums.

I like Christmas music, but like anything else you CAN have too much of good thing. The steel drums did a good job of breaking up the monotony.

also +1 for the pina colada's LOL
KrazyKoots is offline Find More Posts by KrazyKoots
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:01 AM
United States, OH, Eastlake
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
Lazertoyz

We had a great time, and saw so many of our customers it was amazing!
We donated tons of prizes and hope that everyone who won enjoyed them. It is always fun to see the smiles on faces young & old when then win even the smallest prizes.
What were the final counts on pilots spectators and such?
Although it never seem overwhelmingly crowded it was constant from Friday until Sunday.
Thanks for the great time!
We hope everyone has a great holiday and we hope to see you around in the New Year!
Diane & Dan
Diane@lazertoyz is offline Find More Posts by Diane@lazertoyz
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,071 Posts
Best part was to see Diane in photos of the event. That made me smile a lot and it was great to see you looking very good.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Oct 2006
276 Posts
counts

Diane, you and Dan are fantastic sponsors for this event. Thanks again for your support!

We had a total of 264 registered pilots (50 more than last year). This is a great number, but we also had a lot more spectators this year. This was most likely because of all the local ads that we ran in the various newspapers.

For spectators we recorded 489 adults and 119 children.
themudduck is offline Find More Posts by themudduck
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:58 PM
littledevile420
USA, OH, Alliance
Joined Sep 2009
11 Posts
here are some more great pics taken BY the Alliance Balsa Bees club http://www.alliancebalsabees.com/2012-hef.html

check em out pretty good. :-)
litttledevile is offline Find More Posts by litttledevile
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:12 AM
Joined Aug 1999
2,390 Posts
Nice thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Oct 2006
276 Posts
I posted this link to the photo thread. Thanks to the Alliance Balsa Bees for posting these pictures on their site!!
themudduck is offline Find More Posts by themudduck
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:39 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
RC Ironman? Anyone have pics or video of it?

I've been looking but haven't found any pictures or video of the RC super hero Ironman. I know there were some guys there filming but I can't remember what their website was to see if its on there. Thanks
JoeR is online now Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:54 PM
Consumer of Toast
USA, NY, Ashville
Joined Nov 2010
258 Posts
It was actually Mr Incredible not Iron man. Also it was Flitetest that was filming. I did not see any pictures or videos of HEFF on their site or You tube page.
KrazyKoots is offline Find More Posts by KrazyKoots
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Aug 1999
2,390 Posts
Here's a video Dan Schwartz shot of him at Ultimate Soccer.
MrIncredible.wmv (1 min 46 sec)

Let me know if you have questions about him. Short description is he is Otto Diffenbach's Flyguy http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1505753. I printed the 46" plans half size and cut him out of 3 mm Depron.

Pete
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:18 AM
littledevile420
USA, OH, Alliance
Joined Sep 2009
11 Posts
those are soo cool
litttledevile is offline Find More Posts by litttledevile
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKoots View Post
It was actually Mr Incredible not Iron man. Also it was Flitetest that was filming. I did not see any pictures or videos of HEFF on their site or You tube page.
Thanks Kooterman I remember red but since Mr Incredible technically doesn't fly I immediately defaulted to Ironman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss View Post
Here's a video Dan Schwartz shot of him at Ultimate Soccer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjy9zsuKwTg

Let me know if you have questions about him. Short description is he is Otto Diffenbach's Flyguy http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1505753. I printed the 46" plans half size and cut him out of 3 mm Depron.

Pete
Thanks Pete. I was telling my son about it and, in my endless and unsuccessful attempts at getting him interested in this hobby, he wanted to see a picture and video of it. He's liked the larger flying superheros we've pulled up on youtube. The size of yours looks good for an initial attempt.

Can you tell me the specs on the Mighty Midget motor? I believe they make a few. And, who sells them? Thanks again.
JoeR is online now Find More Posts by JoeR