SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:07 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi J,
Do set the Tx trim settings to 1/20 for Elevator and Aileron. That allows for finer trim tuning for multicopters which when properly setup, undamaged and mechanically balanced should not require more than 5 clicks of trim. I set that 1-step trim setting in all the various computer Tx's that I use to fly my multicopters. Most do use 4 as the default which is generally too high for fine tuning multicopter flight controllers.

Like most multicopter flight controllers, the Ladybird sets the gyro trim using the accelerometers for level on initial boot or power-on. You should have the subtrims and initially trims set to zero. During flight, any more than 5 clicks and something else is not correct such as the lipo not in CG, a bent prop or damaged props causing a poor balance and vibrations, a weak or damaged motor or improper mechanical dynamic trim, i.e. motor tilt is not correct due to bent or twisted arms or mounts. In these conditions if it takes more than 5 clicks of trim when the Trim setting are set to 1/20, then it is time to find and fix one of the previously mentioned issues.

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdpl686 View Post
Isn't it something? I've been researching about the trims. When you set it to 0/20 then the mechanical trim don't work. My theory is that the value given is the number of steps each time you move the trim, so if you move it once to the right, then your trim is 4, twice is 8 while if you set 1/20, then your trim advance one at a time. Like the Tunirgy 9x.

I will research more.

I used the subtrim in my LB and now I get it to hover almost perfect, but if it's not advisable, I will remove it.

I'm new at this and now following all your gides, I have the V911, LB and my challenge is the mini cp which I just finish setting and have to try.

I really appreciate all your post helping people learning like myself.

A big thank you to you!
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Oct 26, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:21 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the tip on the Tx trim settings to 1/20 for Elevator and Aileron.
I just set my Devo 10 models for the Hoten X and Ladybird to 1/20 for Elevator and Aileron.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
My Hoten was shipped monday and arrived Wen. I flew it first time Thru. and knew it would be fun. I sure was not let down, it flys great. I have been flying Ladybird's and Y-6 and this is a monster in size compared to them. I was concerned about brushless motors but Hoten is an old friend now. Flys just like V1 L/Bird. I have two V929's so size wasn't an issue but you need to respect those four blades powered by much more powerful motors. Its a Winner for sure !! Walkrea is putting out some nice stuff.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:01 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Yes, it's a fantastic aircraft!
I wish Walkera will release a transportation case and a much better embedded camera.
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:14 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,686 Posts
I first recieved Scorpion Y-6 w Devo 7. I could not get over how nice it flys then bought Ladybird V1 from X-heli [$58.00] I again was amazed at its flying and smooth it flew. I looked at Hoten but seemed it was out of stock then ran across Wow hobbies had it on special W battery. I bought it and once more this big Quad flys wonderful. Downside is once you flys these clones just don't cut it. I'll use tthe clones to gain more daring experience. The clones even with T9X are not even close to these Walkrea birds. Walkrea Rocks !!
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04