Closed Thread
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:53 AM
Inspiration
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Aug 2011
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSt View Post
My point about China's reputation for poor quality is valid and true. I tried to show through real life examples that in my case quality doesn't come from China. Here at work we are stuck between our owners who only want cheap and we really need quality. This has little to do with RC motors so I'm done with this example. You just don't get it. You have no clue what my boss does and says, and what is or isn't my "bussiness" This discussion is moot and your guess is just that and very wrong.

If you take offense to people like me criticizing China's work and qualitiy then show us what you can do!

All of these unhappy people can't be wrong. http://www.rcgroups.com/hobbyking-441/

Enough said, I am done with you sir.
You bring out an example, and i am just replying to your example. Am i emphasizing the good quality of products made in China? However, i am not going to change the title of this thread, cause they are good according to my standard.

Yes, you are right, I am offending whoever criticizing China's work and quality, without appreciating the low price. Who the hell is forcing you to buy cheap stuff from China? Am I listing these motor for 100 bucks each?

My hobby is simply motors and rewinding them. I DO NOT sell them for a living. I cut people's prostate. Don't tell me to show you what I can do, cause I already did.

Thank you for being done with me.
modisc is offline Find More Posts by modisc
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:02 AM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,271 Posts
so with out reading all this where can i order some?
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big fpv weekend
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:06 AM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
HA! HAHAH!!!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660918

See how many people are happy with those motors.
The simple rule is that you get what you pay. Scorpion is now hongkong based, designed by German, made in China. Some might be wound in Germany. But looking at the stats of a signature HK-4540:
http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalo.../hk45/HK_4540/
Custom your own signature motor, laser engrave your own name is available

Scorpion HK-4540* Series motor is supplied as “Mark to Order”. We offer six different winding options to provide the best fit for your own flying style and setup. The motor weights about 700-725gram, with a broad range of KV (from 315 to 580), and allow to use from 12S to 18S Lipo setup for either 700 or 800 class helicopter. The Scorpion HK-4540* Series motor is capable of running continuously at around 10kW input power and can handle peak inputs of 15kW for 2 seconds. All Scorpion HK-4540* Series motor will be wound in Germany, and only 50pcs in total are available. Below is the table of Winding vs KV (Rpm/V)

And look at mine. I am pretty sure I can wind 1-2 more turns to these motors, with appropriate tools and more time. But I am not interested in selling them. I AM CHINESE, by the way. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1698654
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:49 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,505 Posts
I was laughing at the person that said that china was proven to have inferior products... I knew scorpions were made in china. That was my counterpoint.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:44 PM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
885 Posts
Quote:
I was laughing at the person that said that china was proven to have inferior products... I knew scorpions were made in china. That was my counterpoint.
Thank you.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:29 AM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
885 Posts
Dear modisc,

One of your posts has been found by a moderator to be in violation of RCGroups community rules:

Original Post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=22779549
Post content:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott
I quoted what I considered relevant, and linked to the full text. Was the quote out of context?
Obviously you have no idea how to quote. I am sorry about that.

Quote:
A different brand that looks identical - deliberately. But if they are not 'your' manufacturer then we can forget about them.
I am sorry that you might be suffering from parachromatoblepsia since obviously you cannot tell red from green. http://www.leopardhobby.com/enindex.asp

Quote:
Location is irrelevant. The situation would be no different if we were discussing motors made in Mexico, California, or Greenland.
Obviously you have no idea of apple being designed in California. Please buy an iPhone and see its back. Thanks. That is just an example.

Quote:
You say that your motors are Castle's, the exact same motors from the same OEM factory. Castle say that their motors are made in their factory, and that they don't OEM to anybody in China. Only one of these statements can be true.
Obviously you do not know how CC works. Please comfirm your statement before you post it, cause that is what i did.

Quote:
Those are serious allegations. I hope you can back them up...
I am not going to change my statement.

Quote:
Did you not read the linked thread? Castle pay a royalty to Steve Neu for every motor they make, because they are using his design. Castle are also a distributor for Neu motors. Are you suggesting that Castle went behind Steve's back, and gave his design to someone else so they can make them for free?

If it's a copy then we have trademark infringement/fraud/IP theft. If it's the real deal then we have breach of contract and/or failure to pay royalties. Which is it?
Obviously you cannot read. I am simply saying CC is made in China, while Neu is not. And dont compare a CC with Neu, and I am admitting made in China indeed might mean lower quality but lower cost. And where do you see I said CC is behind Steve's back?

Quote:
Everything would have been fine if you hadn't implied that they were Castle motors. Now you are telling us that Castle break contracts, don't pay their bills, and lie about who makes their stuff!
Please, everything thing is fine till a naive boy comes up with his irresponsible statements. Read the communication history if you can.
The warned post is currently hidden from other users to give you a chance to edit it. Once you edit your post it will be visible to other users again and all record of this rule violation will be removed from your account.
Otherwise, your infraction will stay in your account until it ages for a certain number of days. If you accumulate a large number of points your account may be temporarily suspended.

For this violation, you have been given: 1 point(s).

After Dec 19, 2012, this infraction will be automatically forgiven.

An exhaustive list of rules for the site can be found on the RCGroups Rules page.

There is no further penalty for being warned other than the accumulation of points. You may accumulate 10 points before being subjected to a 5 day temporary ban from the site. Very few users reach the 10 point level by accident so if this is your first or second infraction, please accept the infraction point as merely a friendly reminder about the rules of the site.

An RCGroups administrator will perform a review of the infraction sometime within the next several days, at which time the infraction will either be reversed or confirmed. If you feel that you've received the infraction point in error please feel free to initiate a thread in Site Suggestions / Complaints. Address the administrators with your specific objection and they will attempt to assist you if a mistake has been made.

The reason you have been warned is because:

Reason: Personal Attack
The author has attacked another user's intelligence, character, or appearance.

The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------
Do not insult other users.
-------

All the best,
RC Groups

Please tell him, Do not insult a country.

modisc
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:59 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,372 Posts
Quote:
Please tell him, Do not insult a country.
Unless that country is an RCG user, it's not protected from insults under RCG's rules.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:54 AM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
Unless that country is an RCG user, it's not protected from insults under RCG's rules.
Good point. You may tell the regulator of RCG to ban Chinese users. Do let everyone to know the result. Be a man and be responsible for your words.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:15 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,372 Posts
Quote:
Good point. You may tell the regulator of RCG to ban Chinese users. Do let everyone to know the result. Be a man and be responsible for your words.
I believe you missed my point in a large manner.

Regardless, your post was evidently found to break site rules, and as yet you have not taken your own advice and "[been] a man and [been] responsible for your words" by editing that post.

Please report posts that you feel break site rules. A moderator will review them and determine whether or not they need to be edited.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:47 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
So.. How can I buy one of these fine motors?
Funny how it's OK to trample the Chinaman but a word of truth to a white guy and bam! that's against the rules
zeroback is offline Find More Posts by zeroback
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:10 AM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
I believe you missed my point in a large manner.

Regardless, your post was evidently found to break site rules, and as yet you have not taken your own advice and "[been] a man and [been] responsible for your words" by editing that post.

Please report posts that you feel break site rules. A moderator will review them and determine whether or not they need to be edited.
I am being a man, as I stand up for my country. Who says the moderator's judgement is Golden standards? I will not change my statements. I simply cannot betray my country and myself, just to please you, or the moderator.

You know, a good thing about a forum, is that it is public to all.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,505 Posts
Come on, guys! Stop arguing! Lets talk about the motors for god's sake! I want to hear more about them
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:03 PM
Inspiration
Joined Aug 2011
885 Posts
Quote:
Come on, guys! Stop arguing! Lets talk about the motors for god's sake! I want to hear more about them
Quote:
zeroback So.. How can I buy one of these fine motors?
Funny how it's OK to trample the Chinaman but a word of truth to a white guy and bam! that's against the rules
I am truly sorry for who are interested in the inrunners and upcoming outrunner kits. These arguments are against my original aim of posting this thread, sharing some comparatively cheap but good motors and motor kits.

Frankly I have no idea how the moderators will handle this thread since I kind of provoked them as well, but I am not regret about my words, nor changing them. If this thread is closed or permanently wiped off, or my account is banned, I'll simply quit RCG. But I'll make sure this thread stays "alive" elsewhere, and those who have inappropriate statements against my country (i am ok if you are simply against me) stay naked in the public. I am glad that i am not a business man, and i do not have to kiss @ss.

I treasure my experience in RCG, and I dont find many Chinese are active here. I wish to see more Chinese being active in this one-of-the-best RC forum, since we Chinese have manufactured so many stuff for RCers around the world, though according to some people, these are "cheap craps". But this is JUST a hobby, not comparable at all to patriotism.
Last edited by modisc; Sep 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:57 PM
United States, AZ, Sun Lakes
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
Government subsidized postage.
gen12 is offline Find More Posts by gen12
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:59 PM
United States, AZ, Sun Lakes
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
I buy Chinese motors very, very cheap. Have never had a failure and I crash alot, but never due to motor problems..
gen12 is offline Find More Posts by gen12
Closed Thread