SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:09 PM
United States, PA, Clearfield
Joined Jan 2007
409 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
modlflr,I see you belong to RCU also.I did a search and there are 257 members from the Tacoma area.That's in all catagories.Maybe you have had contact with a few of them on the site.Find one that you have had contact with that has many good ratings.
On RCU click on the Members on the yellow bar on the right of the page.Type Tacoma in the first box and click on City.Use All R/C, then US for country and choose WA for the state.Then click find members.
sleepwalker is offline Find More Posts by sleepwalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:38 PM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
Trader Rating: 199
I had a couple of people reply and just replied back. As far as getting them to ship it, They are a corporation and a big facility. I find it hard to get any sympathy when you come up against corporate policy. That has just been my experiences. I may ask them in an email, but I am not counting on anything.
modlflr is offline Find More Posts by modlflr
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
I got someone who took the gig, he only want $20 to pick up the boat and ship it, I told him I would give him $30 and put it in a sturdy cardboard box. It is rather large. I hope it does not think it is some tiny toy boat. I told him the box would be rather large. I will pay him for the shipping and services via paypal with my credit card, that way if something goes wrong I can call my CC company and get a charge back. If you do it through paypal and they can not recover the funds, you are out the money.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:24 AM
United States, PA, Clearfield
Joined Jan 2007
409 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
The person who is supposed to pick up the boat and ship it to you is from a post you made on Craigslist,right. With all the scammers on that site you may never see your boat or your money again. I would rather trust someone from RC Groups or RCU that has a good reputation and that is part of an r/c hobby than someone that responds from that site.Not saying that all people replying to adds on Craigslist are liars and scammers,but I have never had a reply to an add I've posted there except from a scammer.You would probably get your money back for the shipping but you lose your boat and the money you paid for it.
sleepwalker is offline Find More Posts by sleepwalker
Last edited by sleepwalker; Sep 13, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:19 PM
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2007
214 Posts
Trader Rating: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepwalker View Post
The person who is supposed to pick up the boat and ship it to you is from a post you made on Craigslist,right. With all the scammers on that site you may never see your boat or your money again. I would rather trust someone from RC Groups or RCU that has a good reputation and that is part of an r/c hobby than someone that responds from that site.Not saying that all people replying to adds on Craigslist are liars and scammers,but I have never had a reply to an add I've posted there except from a scammer.You would probably get your money back for the shipping but you lose your boat and the money you paid for it.
Sounds just like Donald Sutherland in Kelly's Heroes "Hey man, there you go again with the negative waves"

Even if you never see the boat, at least this episode has hopefully helped you dump the scary woman you talk about in post # 6.
WesternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WesternFlyer
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,529 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
If scammed and recovery is possible, then no loss, because donation was the only alternative. I have had some good sales on craigs. And yes a few attempts to scam.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:29 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,939 Posts
Trader Rating: 628
Ahhhhhh Moriarty.

Glad to see someone else appreciates quality classic cinema...

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty. (0 min 55 sec)
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepwalker View Post
Craig's list is a scammers paradise. It's funny as long as its happening to someone else, but here is an interesting site showing what someone with too much time on their hands likes to do to people who run adds there. "Glorious master translator" is one of the classics!

dontevenreply.com
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:03 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
jga, one of my all time favorites, what a class act.........ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:10 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I bet this boat will soon show up as for sale on Cragslist!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,939 Posts
Trader Rating: 628
Goldy, you always have the most helpful posts - thank you for all your assistance.

Dave, you da man!
-JGA
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:53 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,046 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
I once hired a taxi company to pick up & drop off at a UPS store where I'd already arranged for them to box it up & ship it. Whole deal cost $60 from New Joisey to here.
Many cities have local pick up & deliver services; just gotta find 'em.
Not that that's your best solution - but something to consider, when & if.

[Addendum]: Darn! -- I meant to mention (re finding them)......see if they have a local branch of Errand Angels. Usually a flat $25 fee, depending, but it's been several years since I used 'em. Saved my hide once!!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by StarHopper44; Sep 17, 2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:18 AM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
390 Posts
Trader Rating: 110
So, did it get shipped?
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Housecleaning Time
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:01 AM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
Well the current state of events is, I had a guy on craigslist that offered to help, and it turned out he was legit, but the woman I was trying to avoid had her father pick up the boat and now it may get shipped down to me. The guy was legit because that is the way I found out the boat had been picked up. He contacted me after going to goodwill and said the boat was already picked up. He was a good guy, so I sent him $10 for the drive over to Goodwill. He said if I needed his help in the future to give him a call. I really wish he would have picked it up. It would have cost me far far less, than this favor is going to cost me in the long run. There have been times in my life when certain people offer to help me and I know in my heart
Admiral Ackbar - "It's A Trap" (0 min 3 sec)

I like this one as well

IT'S A TRAP (1 min 39 sec)
Last edited by modlflr; Sep 21, 2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:04 PM
USA, Mt, Billings
Joined Mar 2009
324 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
MAN...wish I'd seen this thread before. My brother works for Goodwill Industries in Tacoma.
NOISY MUSE is offline Find More Posts by NOISY MUSE