HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by xplaneguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:18 PM
Auckland NewZealand
Joined Jan 2011
40 Posts
Hey Tony,

Thanks for this.I am sort of new to this I've been flying 3D heli for awhile then went into Scale Heli and now Plane thanks to my Uncle in the U.K when I saw him he's got a garage full of planes and i took a shine to the Mustang.C.G is that easy to sort out I see HK have a stand that will help setup but i dont like the cost of it as there's not much to it.I've read some people use there fingers tips to Balance it.Any help would be appreciated as I cant get hold of my Uncle.Kind regards,

Laurence
Kiwi1 is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:43 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
My pleasure. I mark the recommended CG location on the bottom of the wing and then balance the model with finger tips. After the maiden, I'll make any CG adjustments by either repositioning the battery or adding larger battery verses adding weight. Fortunately, I've not had to select a smaller battery to achieve a good CG on any model. I look forward to reading about your maiden flight.

Good luck,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 80mm F-86
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:08 PM
Auckland NewZealand
Joined Jan 2011
40 Posts
That's good to know tony as i am waiting on the rest of my Mustang V7 Petie to arrive at my P.O.Box dont know which bit i've got just going to wait till the other arrive.If i need any more advise I know where to come.

thank you again for your help.

Laurence
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, MD, Bethesda
Joined Sep 2012
267 Posts
FYI: Build Review

FMS P-51D Mustang V7 Build Review (1 hr 12 min 32 sec)
ryanbe15 is offline Find More Posts by ryanbe15
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:45 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcano24 View Post
Hi Tony,

How are you. I just wanted to drop a line and see if you have been able to maiden your P-51? I know that you had a ESC and servo issue. That said should I be concerned with the stock ESC?

My red tails is about ready to fly her maiden this Sunday. If you have flow yours let me know how she flew.

By the way my takeoffs and landings are getter better. No broken propellers :-).

Regards,
Joe
Hey Joe,

I'll be flying at Apollo on Sunday and will be bringing my P-51. I discovered the ESC was bad on my bird. I installed a 80A ESC and replaced the bad inner gear door servo. Hope to see you at the field.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Nov 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:26 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
I flew mine twice this afternoon on 4S 3300 batteries and needed two clicks of down trim and three clicks of left rudder to counter a little torque. A 4S 3600mAh battery would be ideal for great CG. I'll try 4000mAh battery next since I prefer a slight nose heavy aircraft.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
Hi Tony,

Can't make it today but please let me know how your p-51 performs. I'm assume no different or better than mine with a heavier battery.

You flying over thanksgiving weekend?

Thanks,
Joe
jcano24 is offline Find More Posts by jcano24
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:03 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Hey Joe,

I flew the Mustang three times yesterday. Once on a 3300mAh battery and twice on a 4000 with no pitch trim changes. Fun airplane!

Right now, my Saturday is booked but we may make another trip to Apollo on Friday or Sunday. I'll keep an eye on the wind forecast and let you know after Thursday.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
Hi Tony,

Happy Thanksgiving too. I might be able to make those days this weekend.

Take care,
Joe
jcano24 is offline Find More Posts by jcano24
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:24 PM
Auckland NewZealand
Joined Jan 2011
40 Posts
Hi Joe,

I have to agree with tony comments about Philip at PW-RC he will look after you and the service is great.I order my P-51 V7 Petie on 1st November and on the 2nd November it was in transit to New Zealand it arrived on the 6th November i paid $67.00 USD to ship it here.it arrived well packed as it had to be taken out of it orginal packing and place in two boxs due to the size restrictions out of HongKong to NZ.I am very impressed with this plane and cant wait to get her in the air.

I am interested in the RED Tails version too philip drop me an email and he has these on order and should be in by early December.

Hope all go's well with yours when you get it.

Regards,

Laurence
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined May 2010
1,678 Posts
I Just ordered this plane blue version tonight... With free shipping from BH $210 total it seems to be a lot of plane for the buck. and a pleasure just to look at...I went back and fourth last couple of weeks on deciding on which mustang to buy. from HK and BH..I like this one best(especially new struts and sliding canopy very cool) and hope it performs as good as it looks...Can anyone tell me if CG in the manual is spot on... Right now i only have 2- 3000 4s and 2- 2450 4spacks...But i see you guys are using larger packs also...I also have an 1100mm FMS helcat which is built like a tank and a dynam p 51...
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:43 PM
Gravitationally challenged
Joined Aug 2012
181 Posts
Anyone flying this on 5S yet?
Flyindude is online now Find More Posts by Flyindude
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:55 AM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
1,834 Posts
this 51 looks sweet! looking into it!
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:46 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyindude View Post
Anyone flying this on 5S yet?
No....I'm happy with it's stock performance...just upgraded the ESC to 80A.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:46 PM
Gravitationally challenged
Joined Aug 2012
181 Posts
Phil's got stock again - 5 colors of P51 V7 are available now: http://www.pw-rc.com/advanced_search...ds=FMS+P-51+V7
Flyindude is online now Find More Posts by Flyindude