SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by xplaneguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:21 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,845 Posts
New Product
FMS V7 1400mm P-51 Mustang

FMS has sure come a long way from their V1 Mustang. This New V7 P-51 is a smaller version of their 1700mm Mustang and it looks awesome! I'll be flying mine on a 14.8 40C 4000mAh battery.

Improvements for this V7 Mustang included: new prop, upgraded motor, ESC, shock absorbing landing gear struts, slow actuating flap servos, sliding canopy, scale wheehls, retractable tail wheel, servo driven main inner gear doors and new paint schemes.

Special thanks to PW-RC.com!

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Jul 30, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:39 AM
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
P-51 Mustang V7

Hi Tony,

I luv the P-51 you just purchased. Are you going to fly it at the Apollo field and if so what day?

Just in case you didn't recognize my ID it's Joe (Noob Durafly P-51).

Regards
jcano24 is offline Find More Posts by jcano24
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:49 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,845 Posts
Hey Joe,

It's good to hear from you.

I'm committed to fly at the Mojave Airport Plane Crazy Event this coming weekend. I hope be back down to Apollo the following weekend. I'll bring this Mustang with us.

How's your Durafly Mustang holding up?

All the best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:20 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Hey Guys...

Tony,

I had been searching for more info on the V7 and came across your post...Rolled thru your blog also, great to see you and your daughter sharing the hobby....I just got back in after years being absent, used to live in Agoura Hills and Woodland Hills, so the Apollo field was where I learned...Used to Fly with Ralph Rosen, Tony Mclean and Ralph Counsel (blind) on occasion....We were the three that once ended up in court against the Park regarding night flying...Long story, and depending on who is still around a mini legend I suppose...

Anyway, now in Austin and my son and his friends discovered RC, they came to me seeing my old planes hanging in the garage and asked for help. It sparked my Son's interest (my Daughter also) and now we have a mini stable of Foam/Elect craft....FMS 1400 Corsair, PZ Stinson, Art-Tech AT6 and the GP Widgeon....I just finished selling off my old engines and whatnot to pay for my recent "acquistions"...Anyway, any tips on training the little ones...I have my son on Phoenix right now, and I bribed him by telling him when he can successfully take of and land (in pattern) I will buy him his own radio and plane. What did you start your daughter on?

I miss the apollo field, but I just hooked up with a local flying club and well you know how it goes, headed down the rabbit hole so to speak...

BTW thank you for your service to our great country and congrats on your retirement...

Almost forgot...How was it dealing with PW-RC...and is the V7 worth the god awful shipping cost...I have been waiting for BH to get it in stock, but I am seriously considering ordering from overseas.

hepcatz
Michael
hepcatz is offline Find More Posts by hepcatz
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
FMS V7 1400mm P-51 Mustang

Hi Tony,

So far so good on the Durafly P-51. I had 5 flights last week and the takeoffs and landings were ok. Still need practice on lining up for the landing. I tend to fade to the right and end up in the grass. Nothing broken at least.

Anyways I echo Michael's question on the shipping costs from PWC-RC. I am considering buying one especially the Blue Nose and the Red Tails version when available.

Let me know how she flys. The plane looks fantastic!!

Regards,
Joe
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:39 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,845 Posts
Hey Michael,

Evelyn initially started flying the Skyfly but not a good trainer. Success came from learning on the Parkzone Raidan. The best basic training aircraft on the market and by far, the best 2 meter sailplane I've ever flown.

Phillip at PW-RC will take good care of you and V7 is a beautiful Mustang. FMS products are outstanding!

All the best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Sep 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:43 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,845 Posts
Will do Joe! I too will be adding the V7 Red Tail to our fleet. More than likely a Banana Hobby exclusive scheme.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:23 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
Hey Michael,

Evelyn initially started flying the Skyfly but not a good trainer. Success came ftom leatning on the Parkzone Raidan. The best basic training aircraft on the market and by far, the best 2 meter sailplane I've ever flown.

Phillip at PW-RC will take good care of you and V7 is a beautiful Mustang. FMS products are outstanding!

All the best,
Tony
Perfect recommendation...I have a Radian Pro, and I will let him try it out using the rudder and elevator only, and lock out aileron and flaps....My first version I ended up nosing in at full throttle as I was flying right at dusk and could not tell what it was doing....ended up picking up a second one and swapping all the components over...now I have two sets of wings and lots of parts...The fuse was decimated and even though I tried to glue it back together, the main fuse looked like a crooked street...I think I will sit him down with the Radian in Phoenix as well...

Have a great evening...!

Michael

PS I just ordered the BBD V7 from PW...!!! And..It's all your fault
hepcatz is offline Find More Posts by hepcatz
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,845 Posts
Hey Michael,

Glad I can help!

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:11 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,629 Posts
Tony,

I was hoping you might post some more pics of the sliding canopy and the linkages behind it? I would worry of air getting under, blowing the canopy off and stripping the servo; is it a standard 9g?
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:17 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,845 Posts
BSbauman-The canopy is not servo actuated, it's manual. Locking clips hold it firmly in place. No worries....I checked multiple times!

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:02 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,743 Posts
oh man thats awesome!!! now theres another plane on my list!!! i hope they come out with a new p47 in the same size..
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
Red Tails V7 is in.

Tony,

In case you wanted to order RC castle and Hobby Paradise have the Red Tails V7. Pw Rc doesn't have them yet.

I had to order one. Too nice to pass up.

See you this Saturday with your V7?

Best,
Joe
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:45 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,845 Posts
Hey Joe,

Thanks for the heads up on the Red Tail! I'll be in Bear Valley Springs this weekend, then attending a Fly-In the following weekend and in Vegas the weekend after that! Hope to be back down to Apollo on Sunday, 14 Oct 2012.

Good luck with your Red Tail!

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:41 PM
Dirtnap Certified
Joined Aug 2012
195 Posts
Add an Aussie into the mix. 1 BBD coming down under. Was looking at Bh and nitro who are still selling V3 , significant upgrades since. Cheers.
Flyindude is offline Find More Posts by Flyindude