Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:17 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
phoenix
Joined Jul 2004
1,159 Posts
Idea
fund raising ideas for 2013 f3k team

a few ideas i had
1 adding a 5 dollar fee to dlg contest(all sanctioned or just qualifiers) that would be donate to the team fund
over a years time this would help tremendous with the cost of travel to denmark.
2 monthly postal contest country wide contest you hold in your area all points are tallied to grade as one contest. fees would be pay paled to the team fund . and maybe different areas would put on the contests
all funds would be transparent for all to see .
we also could possibly have a team of 5 or so that are involed in the fund raising .
what do you guys think .. we need to start now since team has been picked
the sooner we start the easier it will be in the end.
just some thoughts
proppy jon is offline Find More Posts by proppy jon
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:37 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,198 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting a 100 dollar hat.
Then I'd have two.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:08 AM
United States, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Mar 2010
649 Posts
Need to get some cool shirts done up like f3j had. I would definetly be down for buying a shirt or 2.

Joe
J. Wydronek is offline Find More Posts by J. Wydronek
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:23 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Wydronek View Post
Need to get some cool shirts done up like f3j had. I would definetly be down for buying a shirt or 2.

Joe
White t shirts would be awesome.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:35 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
White t shirts would be awesome.
I would rather have some color if possible. I sweat stain them too soon if they are white .

Great ideas guys. I'll start prying the wife's hands from the money so by the time something is available for support I'll have a few bucks to hand in my share.

Go Team USA!

Frank
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,682 Posts
Ray Kostuk has asked me to re-finish the fuse of a Jade TD sailplane to be auctioned off at the contest in Nov. Maybe some of the people who are competing could do the same with their less flown glider's.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:18 AM
United States, MN, White Bear Lake
Joined Aug 2011
101 Posts
T shirts are great, but can you make them out of something aside from cotton? It is much cooler to fly with something like: http://www.cafepress.com/make/custom-dri-fit-shirts

Cotton gets wet and stays that way.
mndlg is offline Find More Posts by mndlg
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:42 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mndlg View Post
T shirts are great, but can you make them out of something aside from cotton? It is much cooler to fly with something like: http://www.cafepress.com/make/custom-dri-fit-shirts

Cotton gets wet and stays that way.
Did you see the shape of that shirt! That would never fit us.

I think the second version would be a better fit for me. LOL
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
Last edited by Fly2High; Sep 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,060 Posts
i like the postal contests. gives me a reason to wake up on the weekends
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:45 AM
Sdr
Scott R
Joined Oct 2004
182 Posts
Shirts are a good idea. How about a little design contest right here on RCG?
Sdr is offline Find More Posts by Sdr
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:59 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,900 Posts
Awesome ideas guys. Just so you know, we are scrambling to get the official team logos going. Charlie and I are making some contacts, and as soon as we have an idea of what we like as a team, we will proceed with the artwork and the official shirts design. As of now, we really like the idea of keeping last years F3K team logo (of course with the date changed to 2013) as the perenial F3K team badge. Then have this year's WC specific art work along with it that will change from team to team going forward. None of this is set in stone, but having an underlying team identity and badge, so to speak, is kinda cool I think.

Of course this goes without saying, you are all free to do as you wish with regard to fund raising shirts and such, but please coordinate with Charlie so we can understand who is doing what. It is so awesome to see such enthusiasm and I in no way want to squelch any of it. So, have at it guys.

As far as a design contest goes, perhaps you guys might consider doing a design that includes the Danish flag in there somewhere. Also, would the winner mind if his design was used as the basis for the official team design? Maybe incorporating a few changes??? Just thinking out loud here.

Proppy, sweet ideas man. The Torrey Pines Gulls are working on organizing some fund raiser contests in the next few to 6 months too.

Thank you all very much.

Cheers.

Mike
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Last edited by FLY F3B; Sep 11, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
phoenix
Joined Jul 2004
1,159 Posts
cool mike thanks so its starting to cool off here in az. im thinking of some time in october doing a postal contest here but anyone want to do one sooner.lets get things started.this year the contests will be a team thing not individual.
would anyone like to step up ?
proppy jon is offline Find More Posts by proppy jon
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:18 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,720 Posts
Like maybe something as simple as placing a donation jar at the 2012 Blue Skies over Arizona contest by the scorers table?? The contestants there have always been very generous.
In fact...I know Sage will also be making a donation to the team.
-Dave........
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,871 Posts
What is Mike known for in DLG?

I know Jun is the QT king, GMO is puff the magic dragon working farts, but what does Mike do soo well? Sorry Mike, I have just never had the pleasure of flying with you.

My idea of a good postal contest would be the Juikeorgy. A "blend" (for lack of RCG appropriate word) of all things DLG.

5- 1 minute flights
1- Longest flight 5 minute max
1- Poker Call

15 minute window, Fly in any order! Flexible rules in that you could do 5-1 minutes, longest flight of 3:00 and then go for broke and call 6:35 or so, if you had the time. Miss the poker call and you would be sunk as you only get one!

Any order of the task is fine. You could do 2- 1 minutes and find a hat sucker and do the poker call and go big and then not care how long you get on last flight. You must fly a total of 7 flights ( 5 QT flights, 1 poker, and 1 last flight) minimum but you could do poker more than once if there was still window time.

A special score card could be made up for this to keep track of the task.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Last edited by JONBOYLEMON; Sep 11, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:54 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
What is Mike known for in DLG?

I know Jun is the QT king, GMO is puff the magic dragon working farts, but what does Mike do soo well? Sorry Mike, I have just never had the pleasure of flying with you.
He organizes
bbbp is online now Find More Posts by bbbp