SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:31 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,149 Posts
I filled the front bolt hole of my light Neos tonight and will redrill it tomorrow morning before leaving for the field, was a little lose and getting looser, perhaps I used too much microballoons when I first built it.
ThomasLee is offline Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:43 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,224 Posts
I spent 4 hours last night trying to install my aileron servos Somehow in all that time all I managed to get done was shape the balsa platforms to glue them to, wrap tape around the servos, and drill holes in the servo arms

Today I'm going to the local club's annual glider fly in hopes of recruiting some to the dark side and I'm REALLY hoping to kick some radians' butts with my DLG!
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
Make Flying Fun
United States, MD, Lutherville-Timonium
Joined May 2003
1,473 Posts
Flew in Delaware , tip struck and snapped the wing in half and popped off the stab. Back home now rebuilding. Had only one ship ...
1- Take more than 1 plane to contests
2- Don't launch so vertical
3- Don't miss lunch at SKSS, pizza rocks there
4- Win the football pool to buy more plane stuff :-)
KevinSharbonda is offline Find More Posts by KevinSharbonda
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:52 PM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,046 Posts
I put my plane in the car to go fly but then my wife reminded me we have a birthday party to go to so I took it out and put it back on the shelf.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Feb 2007
703 Posts
I made a boo boo with my Helios today.

All will be better soon.
NorCal Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by NorCal Hobbies
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:54 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,083 Posts
Watched the wind blow 17, gusts to 26

Tomorrow should be better at 10 to 13..... I hope....
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
United States, LA, New Iberia
Joined Nov 2011
164 Posts
I went and flew a Radian ALES contest. Flew the Helios before to scout the area, then flew for an hour or so after the contest. Good 5-6 minute air every other throw. Getting better at thermal turns, got a chance to watch Ryan G. work the sticks for while to get a few pointers.:beer:
brs608 is offline Find More Posts by brs608
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,750 Posts
Flew a couple today
Stobel V2 and Stobel V3. Love the way the V3 flies

Tomorrow is our final TD contest for this year, but I always take the DLGs out to fly at lunch break and after the contest.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,479 Posts
I went out North of town, to the Jornado field at the end of that nine-mile long dirt road, and threw - threw - threw that puppy, until my brains ran out my nose.

It felt real good.

Yours, Greg
glidermang is online now Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:46 PM
AZ
Joined Feb 2007
542 Posts
Chucked it hard
j2m2t2 is offline Find More Posts by j2m2t2
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:49 PM
let's FLY!
United States, VT, Castleton
Joined Dec 2007
2,123 Posts
I flew mine until I broke it today. I was trying fast landing approaches into loops just before catching it. Smacked the tail on the ground one too many times and folded the v-stab/rudder. Oh well, should be an easy fix. It needed replacing anyway....it had a funny twist that required a lot of right trim to fly straight.
JimZinVT is online now Find More Posts by JimZinVT
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:44 PM
a.k.a Frank Campbell
Long Beach, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2007
724 Posts
I actually flew mine today. Snuck in a few flights at Eldo before the contest but then had to return home for family activities. My XXLite continues to wow me with what a beautifully flying plane it is. The more I fly it the better it gets.
VintageFan is offline Find More Posts by VintageFan
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:32 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,969 Posts
Getting read to fly tomorrow.
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:03 AM
Woodinville, WA
Joined Jul 2009
442 Posts
nothing
JoeCube is offline Find More Posts by JoeCube
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:54 AM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,275 Posts
As I was loading my planes to go to the feild, I broke the rudder (balsa) on my Osiris2. There was a contest scheduled for 9:00am, and I managed to get there at around noon. I wasn't there to compete, just get some pointers and just "watch" some of the contest (first one).

As I was repairing the tail, I found out one of the guys was out of the contest due to broken planes. I offered up my Blaster2, or Osiris2 for him to use since we had the same radio. Next thing I know, I'm flying in this guy's spot for the second half (resistance was futile). I'm absolutely and completely clueless to what's going on or what I was supposed to do. Not to mention my planes weren't really dialed in proper. And I doubt I even have 60-70 launches under my belt between all 4 of my planes (yes, that much of a newb). It was crazy, but fun, and really hot.

I got a few good flights in, but not when I really needed them. I came in dead last as expected. If they had a "find the sink" contest, I'm sure I would have placed first.

Bill

Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme