SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,416 Posts
Wave Glider:

Please post a picture of the Taboo. I had no less than three GTs myself.

I currently fly a polyhedral DLG, assembled from a poly wing from Seba, a wyowindworks fuse, and some random tails.

Yours, Greg
glidermang is online now Find More Posts by glidermang
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:19 PM
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Jul 2011
772 Posts
another lunchtime session in less than perfect conditions - worked on gettting the glider back to me for QTA.......getting better - had a magpie on the attack - made it intersting......have a small repair to do to the boom tonight though
gtrbaby is offline Find More Posts by gtrbaby
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:38 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
I didnt ACTUALLY use my DLG.. but I did scout a few flying areas on my way to work this morning. The plan is to fly at lunch a few times a week... so I needed to find a few spots next to work that I can get to, Fly and get back to work within an hour or so. Not such an easy task in Los Angeles....
DeadServo is offline Find More Posts by DeadServo
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:43 PM
Kyle Clayton
United States, VA, Dinwiddie
Joined Feb 2008
2,383 Posts
Greg, I will try to get a good field shot of it tomorrow. I couldnt resist this afternoon. I actually got off early enough today that there was still a pinch of flying light. She was balanced and ready to go, so I had to try it out. And Wow! It is simply the BEST poly DLG I've ever thrown. It launches rediculously smooth, straight, and very high for a poly. And when its in the air, it just haaaannnnggggs, and tracks like its on rails. Its completely different from the XP5 poly I had. Despite being a poly, the XP really wasnt a floater. I actually got worse flights from trying to make it fly very slowly. That and it was a "wait-and-see" plane, in that you'd give it rudder and you'd have to wait about 2 seconds for it to respond. Made for some interesting flights when it got windy. Anyhow, the Taboo showed to be a pinch nose heavy. I chopped 2g out of the nose lead and if I'm lucky enough to get some time again tomorrow will try it again. Very happy DLG'er this afternoon
Wave Glider is offline Find More Posts by Wave Glider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Helios and XXLite DLG
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:44 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,454 Posts
I paid for it today. What do I mean? I just bought a brand new Polaris and FedEx now has it in their hands.... Oh boy... Oh boy ... Christmas is coming early to Mr. Wiz's house.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; Nov 28, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:57 AM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadServo View Post
so I needed to find a few spots next to work that I can get to, Fly and get back to work within an hour or so. Not such an easy task in Los Angeles....
You got that right
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:58 PM
Wilson, NC
Joined Jun 2006
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfluck View Post
I flew my Twister 3, timed my flights, and submitted my score for the Winterpostal 12/13! Great idea I think.
Saw this a week ago and finally submitted a score today. Got my wife to go out and time for me. It is easy to time when using DLG-Time on a Palm device.

It is not too late to try. Scores may be submitted until midnight 11/30/2012. There will be a new task for December.

Dick
DProseus is offline Find More Posts by DProseus
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger Rash View Post
Jon - You are the man to watch. I won't think about 1s until you haven't crashed your plane for 6 months.
Looks like you will never try 1S.

Pick a new success criteria!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:20 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,605 Posts
Hey, I LANDED in that tree. Not a crash!

I'm still a bit baffled by 1s. I flew yesterday for about 45 min with Mike and had to put back 130 mah in the 1s pack. A normal lunch hour with a 2S pack is about 110 mah. That means I could fly almost twice as long with the same "battery" rewired for 1s usage. Odd.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:25 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,924 Posts
I would imagine most of the gain is in heat not being created in voltage reg. Maybe??? I am not a rocket surgeon, so please dont listen to me.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:33 PM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
Hey, I LANDED in that tree. Not a crash!

I'm still a bit baffled by 1s. I flew yesterday for about 45 min with Mike and had to put back 130 mah in the 1s pack. A normal lunch hour with a 2S pack is about 110 mah. That means I could fly almost twice as long with the same "battery" rewired for 1s usage. Odd.
Ohm's Law. Half the voltage through the same load (resistance) equals half the current. Unfortunately, it also means one quarter the power, but it's enough in this case.
Wazmo is online now Find More Posts by Wazmo
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:16 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,190 Posts
Flew the Winter Postal contest as the sun was setting in an overcast sky. I had hoped to do it earlier, but it turned out there was easy air over the parking lot east of the field and it stayed there for the whole 13 minutes. It was very light and rather turbulent, but that Predator just floats on anything. Even my one terrible launch to about 110 ft I probably could have stretched to a 3 minute flight if I had to. My score really shows how badly I need to get my QTs down now. Before last week's contest I never felt disadvantaged by not being able to do QTs, but now it's hurting me pretty bad.

B
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,715 Posts
Flew at the Y field but it was pretty turbulant. I did manage to stay up for a couple flight's though. Of course there was a hawk that was kicking my butt with ease.
prodjx is online now Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:22 PM
Make Flying Fun
United States, MD, Lutherville-Timonium
Joined May 2003
1,466 Posts
Bagged some Zone V2 wings and got them in the hands of some western F3Kers', hopefully they find some thermals! Working on some personal stuff that's been on the back burner! Kyle now you know what it was like to fly DLG 10 years ago before flaperons !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave Glider View Post
...Poly Taboo... I actually got off early enough today that there was still a pinch of flying light. She was balanced and ready to go, so I had to try it out. And Wow! It is simply the BEST poly DLG I've ever thrown. It launches rediculously smooth, straight, and very high for a poly. And when its in the air, it just haaaannnnggggs, and tracks like its on rails....anyhow, the Taboo showed to be a pinch nose heavy. I chopped 2g out of the nose lead and if I'm lucky enough to get some time again tomorrow will try it again. Very happy DLG'er this afternoon
KevinSharbonda is offline Find More Posts by KevinSharbonda
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:40 PM
It's a mere flesh wound!
Woodstock,Ga.
Joined Jun 2004
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang View Post
Wave Glider:

Please post a picture of the Taboo. I had no less than three GTs myself.

I currently fly a polyhedral DLG, assembled from a poly wing from Seba, a wyowindworks fuse, and some random tails.

Yours, Greg
Greg,

Here are a couple of pictures of the Poly TabooXL I took before I traded it to Kyle.

I'm happy that my Poly TabooXL found a nice home with someone that will really appreciate it!!

Buddy
Buddy Roos is offline Find More Posts by Buddy Roos
RCG Plus Member