HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,841 Posts
OPut in some more stick time, and was managing 1+min flight's in dead air. And there was some lack of piloting skill's mixed in there too.
prodjx is online now Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:07 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
I don't know if it just me,but there is something wrong with guys from SoCal (or anywhere else where they don't get below freezing) flying in a winter postal contest

You guys should organize a "110 degrees in the shade" postal contest for the summer months

Pat MacKenzie
We tried that here in Phoenix last summer (2011) in August with a "Beat the Heat" contest at Schnepf Farms!

The heat won! Probably 106 to 108F in the shade. not

BP
bbbp is offline Find More Posts by bbbp
Last edited by bbbp; Nov 21, 2012 at 01:16 AM. Reason: was a year ago
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:17 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,306 Posts
That was brutal, and I only flew one day of it!
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:48 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,237 Posts
Well, I tried the first task of the aforementioned winter postal contest. After 20 minutes I still only had 5 of the needed 8 flights and decided to call it a day. The wind was whipping pretty good, making it mostly a "launch and surf" day. If I can escape for a while tomorrow I'll try again.

I finally got my Predator II repaired and replaced the 250 mAh NiMh with a 650 mAh 1s Lipo. After removing tail weight to get the CG back, I dropped a total of 20g by switching to the singel cell. New AUW is 9.07oz. I love how this plane flies, and at a lighter weight it's even better.
bwill6 is online now Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:14 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,154 Posts
Dreamed of flying (anything). I work when it's daylight and dark when I'm not working That and the wind blows like mad when I maybe sort of could fly something. I guess it's building season....

Ken
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:20 PM
are we there yet?
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined May 2004
1,240 Posts
loaded it in the car this morning thinking they would send us home early and I could fly. no such luck we have a bunch of work that came in and I will be surprised if we get it all done today.

Oh well tho, I have the next 4 days off.
Alan C is offline Find More Posts by Alan C
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:49 PM
up from the skies
United States, CO, Fort Garland
Joined Jul 2011
585 Posts
Flew cx2 at BFP,Buzz Avrill and I took turns flyin her in the small bubbles of lift .
I did all the launching, he did all the teaching,or you could say "schooling "
Fun time!
Tom
Tmfury is offline Find More Posts by Tmfury
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,841 Posts
Doug came down here to Tucson and we eventually ended up at the YMCA field where he proceded to speck out his Orion. He also hooked up an on off plug on my Orion. Had a good time. I got a couple flight's in with my Orion as well.
prodjx is online now Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:14 PM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,218 Posts
I snuck out of work a little early and did 2 flights about 10 minutes after sunset.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:42 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
I got 2 packages in the mail today with servos and some carbon. Time to finish my Firefly and get a maiden in this weekend.
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:47 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
United States, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Sep 2010
518 Posts
Hoping we have a break in the weather tomorrow, and I can get a chance to sneak away for a bit of winter flying. My wife is asking why I keep randomly spinning around in the house ...

-Heath
dumb_thumbs is offline Find More Posts by dumb_thumbs
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,523 Posts
I was out this morning under a broken overcast, comparing my two Blasters since making repairs and "adjustments". Two minutes became remarkably easy by about 1030. I finished with a 10-minute flight in soft, amorphous thermals that kept popping up just when I needed them.

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:53 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang View Post
I finished with a 10-minute flight in soft, amorphous thermals that kept popping up just when I needed them.
Those kind of flights are fun. I much prefer a long, several thermal flight over a long flight on a single slow moving big thermal.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Aug 2011
861 Posts
Threw my new to me maple leaf and flew 15 min with a bunch of buzzards totally cool im hooked!!
xrx1113 is offline Find More Posts by xrx1113
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:01 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,306 Posts
I managed a whole hour of stick time today. Between today, and the hour I got on turkey day, I put in more stick time than I have during the previous 12 months combined.

This is starting get fun again.

For those of you that live in the snow belt, please don't feel that I'm rubbing it in. I can't fly in the summer here, it's just too dang hot. This IS my flying season.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti