HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:31 AM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Got my replacement horz stab for the one that got damaged in shipping. Now I can finish programing my new LS-4
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:13 AM
Poland, Śląskie, częstochowski
Joined May 2008
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang View Post
Took my polyhedral ship (still fully F3K compliant) out this evening. Worked some soft thermals for as much as 4 minutes at times, then closed out with three, 2-minute flights as the sun hit the skyline.

Great way to wind up the working day.

Yours, Greg
I'm glad that You are enjoying

This was filmed few weeks ago. Date on clip is wrong.
Long flight with onboard cam (13 min 22 sec)
pyrsly is offline Find More Posts by pyrsly
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:51 AM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,302 Posts
I've been watching the wind blow for the better part of a week now. Today is rain. That is OK though as we are about 15 inches short this year. If you count last year we are 25 inches + or - short.

ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:03 PM
let's FLY!
United States, VT, Castleton
Joined Dec 2007
2,303 Posts
After a couple weeks of rain &/or responsibilities I got out for an hour today. Good stuff. I specked out from a low altitude save in windy conditions. Really high....lost sight; did a spiral dive and spotted her again. Later a Red Tail hawk crossed the field so I fell in behind and tried to match circles with it. Couldn't match the rate of climb though....it was sky high in no time while I was floundering to maintain ~150'. They're pretty good at this!
JimZinVT is online now Find More Posts by JimZinVT
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,590 Posts
I finally cracked the code on how to download the Hitec Hpp-22 stuff, and I upgraded my transmitter and module. (It's no nig deal, it's just that I'm digitally challenged.)

Then, I put in two of the new, smaller Hitec Minima-6E receivers into my Blasters. Saved about 8 grams in each ship, and since everything shifted forward, no CG issues.

Yours, Greg
glidermang is offline Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:24 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Dec 2005
2,913 Posts
Tossed mine during lunch break at the first ever TD contest at San Felasco. Launched 3 times and flew all over the field for 20'. Too bad I wasn't able to do that with my Eraser TD plane. Sort of like driving a school bus in comparison.
Dave
David Forbes is offline Find More Posts by David Forbes
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:15 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,677 Posts
It's raining cats and dogs here today.... Suppose to again tomorrow. I talked about my Polaris to a couple of friends however.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:48 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,157 Posts
I flew just before dusk with Jon Finch and we both just launched and then slowly came down with a few pauses to loiter above some grass pollen being made. Was back and forth on AULD where the most subtle push in the wrong direction on any surface cost you dearly as there was no climbing to be done since the sky was full of clouds and it stayed cold all day. DLG's sure looked good up against snow covered mountains again though!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:38 PM
The Prez....... again
Joined Jul 2011
4,302 Posts
The rain stopped and the wind went down to about 10MPH more or less by 5 pm. I got in about 8 or 10 throws and stripped ANOTHER servo gear. Same servo I wonder what the heck is going on

Good thing I ordered extra. At least I got to fly some.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,122 Posts
What kind of servo?
Is it stripping on launch, or on landing?
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:52 PM
The Prez....... again
Joined Jul 2011
4,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
What kind of servo?
Is it stripping on launch, or on landing?
D47... I think on landing. Never landed with the flaps down this time out. Funny think is about 3/4 of the time it will work as it has enough inertia to skip the broken tooth. Maybe I missed a piece of broken gear last time. It would be better if the new gear sets came with a magnifying glass so I could see what I'm doing

Ken

edit: I had a thread on it here someplace about 1 1/2 weeks ago or so.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:10 AM
Sure it'll work
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang View Post
I finally cracked the code on how to download the Hitec Hpp-22 stuff, and I upgraded my transmitter and module. (It's no nig deal, it's just that I'm digitally challenged.)

Then, I put in two of the new, smaller Hitec Minima-6E receivers into my Blasters. Saved about 8 grams in each ship, and since everything shifted forward, no CG issues.

Yours, Greg
I need to do that to my A9 too. I did it once along time ago. But since I'm tech challenged, I keep putting it off.

The Minima's are super light.

I just got back in town, ate, and mounted the new stab. Got an AUW, and I'm now installing my Minima. I hope to get'er programed/tuned, and get a few launches in at the school yard on Sunday.

Bill
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:40 PM
The Prez....... again
Joined Jul 2011
4,302 Posts
Fixed stripped servo, again. I think I missed a chunk of gear from the last repair Our dog got "frisky" and knocked the wing out of my hand and proceeded to step on it. Big wrinkle and cracked glass on the bottom of the left wing. More repair. It WAS a perfect wing.

Ken
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,512 Posts
B3 ST maiden

Amazing plane AUW 282grams. Standard peg not as good as original though.

Float and handling is superb.
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:33 AM
Sure it'll work
Joined Nov 2005
4,279 Posts
Got to go to the school yard to maiden the LightSpeed-IV in pretty strong wind. Even unballasted (284gms) it handled it very well, and I can tell lauches are going to be great once I can put a little power behind it.

Bill