HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by subsinker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:54 PM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Sold
Pro Boat Coast Guard lifeboat brand new with extras

Hi,

You are looking at an unfinished project. I bought a brand new Proboat Coast Guard boat and decided I would like something different. I changed out all the electronics for starters. I never had much luck with Proboats cheapo electronics. The boat has a Traxxas EXV2- marine ESC, a Futaba R603FS receiver (2.4 Ghz) and a Futaba S3151 servo for steering. Once that was all installed I decided I wanted to add some lights and an operating radar. I was able to disassemble the tower and run wiring for strobes, a flashing blue light and a wire for a radar unit. Actually, the radar unit was going to be a sub-compact servo with the end stop removed. I got all that done and lost interest. The boat has set on the shelf ever since. So, I am offering it up for sale here. I figure with all that I have spent on the boat as well as all the components I purchased $425.00 is a pretty fair price. Shipping and insurance will be extra. If I have to purchase any packing material I would expect you to pay for that as well. (Actual cost though, I am not making a dime on that) The boat is RTR, you can operate it right now. It has never been in the water, like I said, it is a work in progress with the lights and the radar unit. All you will need is your 2.4 transmitter. The only caveat is the hold down magnets for the hatch. One of the wires got detached and I screwed up one of the magnets trying to resolder it into place. However, the other one is still ok and it may not even be a problem. Not a big deal but I don't want to not mention it. It also comes with the stand, all manuals that came with it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. No, I don't know what shipping is going to be. Expect $40-50 or so. Maybe more or less I just don't know. I won't box it up until someone purchases it. I also have a link to a short video of the strobes operating.
Proboat Coast Guard (0 min 51 sec)
Pretty cool when lit up.
subsinker is offline Find More Posts by subsinker
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:18 PM
RC Basher
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2012
80 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
I love these boats, maybe I'll pick one up in the future. Good luck with your sale.
Jersey Crewmax is offline Find More Posts by Jersey Crewmax
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:20 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,990 Posts
Trader Rating: 69
The strobes look great!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,561 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Nice boat! Great price too! Should sell fast! Good luck on your sale.
Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Sep 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Purchase

Located in Hatteras in the coast guard want to buy
Srlord is offline Find More Posts by Srlord
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Sep 2012
0 Posts
Purchase

Sent pm also at 4:22 unsure if you received
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:29 PM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Hi,

I just sent you a reply to your pm.

regards
subsinker is offline Find More Posts by subsinker
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined Sep 2012
0 Posts
Just responded to pm

Thank you
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:53 AM
Joined Jan 2012
21 Posts
whats the status of this boat? is it still for sale?
MrFriendly is offline Find More Posts by MrFriendly
Closed Thread