HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Sid3ways, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:02 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,049 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
For Sale
*GONE* X450 Bumblebee frame / NEW Naze Flight Controller / NEW HK 30A ESCS / Plugs

THIS STUFF IS GONE, JUST BUMPED IT ONE MORE TIME TO CHECK PROGRESS THEN I WILL CLOSE IT!!!

This stuff has been sitting in my garage for a really long time and to be honest I'll probably never use it. I want it to goto a worthy cause like a beginner who is interested in getting into the hobby or possibly a teacher that could integrate the electronics and physics into a learning experience.

Kit includes:
-Bumblebee X450 frame (has a few bangs and bruises and needs a couple screws for the arms but more than good enough for learning)
-Brand new Abusemark Naze controller (does require PPM in so you'd need a cheap FrSky setup or the 6 channel RX for the Turnigy radio I believe does PPM out from Nitroplanes/HobbyParts)
-Brand new HK 30A Blue Series ESCs
-Some random plugs (Deans and XT60s)
-Servo wire for plugging radio to FC board
-any other random parts I have laying around that might be of use(I have a boatload)

That's it, basically you need to build it and add your own motors and TX and off you go.

If you want it let me know why you should get it and I'll decide who should get it. I will pay for the shipping as well so this completely gratis.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Last edited by Sid3ways; Dec 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:05 AM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Mar 2006
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
I will take it.
hobbylink1 is offline Find More Posts by hobbylink1
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:05 AM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Oct 2001
160 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
I would like my name in the hat for this. Would love to get into the quad
Cub Man is offline Find More Posts by Cub Man
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:14 AM
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,037 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I'm interested also

I just got into quads and would love to have a second. My first is just with a 19$ i86 controller so it is very rudimentary. Thanks for offering to us,
Alex
A Monell is offline Find More Posts by A Monell
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Jul 2004
4,492 Posts
Trader Rating: 360
ill second that,ive had to sell both prior quads due to needing funds,but would like to teach my daughter how to fly one
snolord1 is offline Find More Posts by snolord1
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
I've already asked this question a million times,but what the fuc, i'll ask it again: What are your thoughts on the Naze for a newbie (like myself)?
I'm going to buy one from Timecop as soon as the cover is back in stock - but I thought I'd do my due dilligence.
Bhuwan is offline Find More Posts by Bhuwan
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, OH, Louisville
Joined Dec 2008
97 Posts
Trader Rating: 74
This new craze to get people to dance to get free stuff is getting old.If you have a genuine interest in doing a good deed then just do it.Your turning this into something other than what it is intended for.
miller6196 is online now Find More Posts by miller6196
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller6196 View Post
This new craze to get people to dance to get free stuff is getting old.If you have a genuine interest in doing a good deed then just do it.Your turning this into something other than what it is intended for.
No offense, but if you don't like it you can just not view the thread.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:29 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller6196 View Post
How do you suppose I *just do it then*? Pick the first person that says I want it and send it off?

I'd prefer to give it to a good cause and last I checked the for sale forums are where you sell/trade things? Sure there is a free section on RCG but how many multirotor people go in there, I know I don't.

There is an ignore button and you are more than welcome to use it, or even better you can also NOT click on the link to put your .02 cents in when they don't even offer a cent.

If it's too much of a big deal then people can PM me why they should get it that way miller (who has no interest in this at all) doesn't have to see this thread keep getting bumped. Let's all do it for him.

Amazing you offer stuff up like this and you get a response like that. I'm sure your .06 posts per day average since 2008 has helped the community so much Miller, we appreciate that.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:57 AM
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
293 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
Sid3ways, VERY nice freebie! I'm sure the lucky recipient will appreciate it very much. I don't understand why typing a few sentences is viewed as an unreasonable request. How lazy can a person get? They won't type more than "I'll take it" -- yet they expect the OP to list the freebie, package it up nicely, take it to the post office, pay for shipping, etc.

Anyway, talk is cheap and I'm not looking to add drama to your posting. Instead, if it's OK with you, I'd like to provide the recipient with motors for this quad. Let's benefit someone who could use this, and ignore those who have a problem with your generosity.
anixs is offline Find More Posts by anixs
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anixs View Post
Sid3ways, VERY nice freebie! I'm sure the lucky recipient will appreciate it very much. I don't understand why typing a few sentences is viewed as an unreasonable request. How lazy can a person get? They won't type more than "I'll take it" -- yet they expect the OP to list the freebie, package it up nicely, take it to the post office, pay for shipping, etc.

Anyway, talk is cheap and I'm not looking to add drama to your posting. Instead, if it's OK with you, I'd like to provide the recipient with motors for this quad. Let's benefit someone who could use this, and ignore those who have a problem with your generosity.
+1 super nice guy.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:04 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anixs View Post

That is an amazing contribution anixs! It looks like we have a ready to build copter then with your own radio. With that thrown into the mix please post why you should get this stuff publicly so anixs can also see the requests! I'll leave this post up until Wed evening and then we can decide who should get the product. If you have PM'd me please post it up here as well if you still want the product and are comfortable with doing so.

Contrary to what others have posted I'm not looking for anything in return or recognition, just figure it should go to a good home vs. sitting in my garage. It would be nice though to see whoever gets it at least post a picture of two of them flying it after they build it.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:48 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
718 Posts
Trader Rating: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
That is an amazing contribution anixs! It looks like we have a ready to build copter then with your own radio. With that thrown into the mix please post why you should get this stuff publicly so anixs can also see the requests! I'll leave this post up until Wed evening and then we can decide who should get the product. If you have PM'd me please post it up here as well if you still want the product and are comfortable with doing so.

Contrary to what others have posted I'm not looking for anything in return or recognition, just figure it should go to a good home vs. sitting in my garage. It would be nice though to see whoever gets it at least post a picture of two of them flying it after they build it.
Sid3ways - very nice of you to extend this offer, including what anixs offered. Incredible the negativity some people feel with an offer like this. I certainly would have appreciated something like this when I first started.

I think the ideal candidate would be a newbie who has already invested a little time to read up on MultiWi and the Naze32 board so they understand what they are getting into but maybe don't have the funds to try.

Or like you said a teacher to use for a class project or a scout master for a boy scout project.

Whoever you decide on, I will gladly volunteer my time to help with setup and walking them through the use of the Naze32. I have 3 of them and love them.

Carlos
cquian is offline Find More Posts by cquian
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
Fly Inverted
Apache Junction,AZ
Joined Feb 2011
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
I sent you a PM as well but I might as well post it here too. I am a flyer but have yet to obtain a multi-rotor. I've been looking to get one but being a college kid money is a bit tight around my hobby. My true interest in getting a multi-rotor is to teach my father how to fly, he has flown multiple things on the simulator and overall he feels he could master these. Radio and other electronics would not be a problem for me to get. Thanks!
rcpilot7321 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot7321
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:05 PM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
sent thru pm
jy0933 is online now Find More Posts by jy0933