HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ChrisBowker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:09 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,094 Posts
Crap boy, you aren't even dry behind the ears yet I know you have a few aches and pains, but get used to hem, they do not get any better Ask me how I know
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:39 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
The weather was finally 96g airplane calm this morning, I got few good flights on the latest version, I'm very happy with it, the weather looks good for the coming week so I hope to get it wrapped up.

Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gen2 Bowker CF hardware
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:26 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
FINALLY!!! the weather has been good enough to do some proper testing on this model and I'm very happy with it now. Later this week I hope to have a test build of the kit done so I cant test the fit on everything.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:39 PM
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,094 Posts
Quit chasing women, and get to work on what counts there man. Git er done.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Sep 2009
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. foambuilder View Post
Quit chasing women, and get to work on what counts there man. Git er done.

hahahahaha now that is funny right there, Chris chasing women? hmmm
he might chase the ups man that has all his foam. The kid has no time to chase women + they cost a lot more then foam.
2.4ghz is offline Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:03 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
Ron got it right lol....Its a well known fact that your "life" is the down payment required to have a CNC machine in your "hobby shop"
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Sep 2009
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbowker View Post
ron got it right lol....its a well known fact that your "life" is the down payment required to have a cnc machine in your "hobby shop"

lol!!!!!!!!!
2.4ghz is offline Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:43 PM
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBowker View Post
Ron got it right lol....Its a well known fact that your "life" is the down payment required to have a CNC machine in your "hobby shop"
If you don't want the machine there, I will hook up my trailer and come and get it
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:15 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
Joined May 2004
1,155 Posts
Added video from the recent CAF fun fly to the original post, sorry about the glare...the hanger we were in was not cooperative for filming I'm a little rusty on my pattern flying but I was very happy with the models flight performance at the fun fly, good speed range, nice rolls, GREAT snaps, very sharp pull outs with no wing rock, and of course no coupling issues. Its more than maneuverable enough and slow enough to be flown in the standard sized gym, and of course no coupling issues. This model was 92g minus battery, in the video I'm flying it on 2s 160 hyperions(2x 1s packs plugged into a Y)

Thanks for looking, I have a couple pre orders from the fun fly I have to get painted & shipped then I will be finishing this kit up.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:02 PM
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,094 Posts
Looking good there Chris!! I really wanted to twiddle the sticks on your new pattern plane, but knew it was the only one you had, and did not want to bend or break it Maybe next time. Mike Morales gave me a Decathlon that someone gave to him, and I have it ready for Sandy. She is starting to practice with ailerons on the Sim now. She did pretty well on the Mini Velox we put together. Maidens tomorrow on several if the wind is down. Good luck on the new kits. Gotta finish one more before I can start the latest one from you. Best Roy