SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RHTizzy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:14 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Build Log
RM650 v4 (X650 clone)

As the RM450 was rather rudimentary I decided to use the experience to go one up and get a folding frame from RCTimer. Still using the parts I had from the previous build, so Crius All In One Pro with 1045 props, 30A ESC's and 2215 930Kv motors. It's almost double the weight though so have ordered a pair of 2450mAh 30C's from Hobbyking which should provide plenty of lift and connected in parallel provide plenty of flight time..

Here's the build log

RHTizzy is offline Find More Posts by RHTizzy
Last edited by RHTizzy; Jan 23, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Looks great. I just picked one of these up also from RC Timer. Are you going to post some flight videos?
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:09 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Arent those motors too small? What's your payload going to be like? I would think you would need a 2836 800-1000kv mimimum? Let us know if you have changed your setup. I'm thinking about getting this? Do you like it? What controller are you using?
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:27 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer View Post
Arent those motors too small? What's your payload going to be like? I would think you would need a 2836 800-1000kv mimimum? Let us know if you have changed your setup. I'm thinking about getting this? Do you like it? What controller are you using?
Good questions.
Pull per motor for the 2212-15's 930kv according to spec is 330g, so x4 lifting power is approx 1320gr. using the recommended 9x6 props. I'm using the larger 10x45 so have a bit more room. But that was still too tight as the full build came to about 1400g including batteries (2x 2450mAh 30C's) and GoPro on a gimbal. So I switched to 2830-14's 750kv which have a pull of 420g each so plenty of excess. Less nimble but more stable so good for videography.

I love the product! To be true I'm not that experienced in quad's but the quality has proven excellent so far and even tho I've heard complaints that the arms tend to slip out of the struts, I've yet to see this happen on mine and jiggling the components it doesn't seem likely at all. Replacement parts are cheap as well and quick to arrive from RCTimer so a big plus there as well as far as I'm concerned.

I'm using the Crius AIOP as the FC. Another excellent product I'd recommend to anybody looking for a feature rich FC compatible with both MultiWII and MegaPirateNG.

Video's will have to wait for a while as winter is coming up fast and my time is limited as it is. Let me know if you decide to go for it. Are you going to post a build log of your own?
RHTizzy is offline Find More Posts by RHTizzy