HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2001, 08:46 AM
Product Manager at Hobbico
United States
Joined May 2000
5,160 Posts
Largo florida flyin

anyone going to Largo Florida for the electric flyin this saturday?
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2001, 11:48 AM
Bradenton, Fla, USA
Joined Dec 2000
9 Posts
Largo Florida Flyin

Gary, a number of flyers from our club (Sarasota Silent Flyers) will be going. Are you planning on attending and/or flying your ED3? I showed the video of your plane at our last club meeting and there is considerable interest in the ED3. Our club website (SSF)can be viewed at: Hope to see you there......Mike

http://www.payrollprocessing.com/ssf/tower_ie.htm
mvander is offline Find More Posts by mvander
Old Nov 14, 2001, 01:24 PM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,160 Posts
Yes I plan on being there with a couple E3D's, and I just might have a new prototype ready to fly then also. It's a different end of the spectrum from the E3D, and I've got to re-work the wing design as it's not as easy to build as intended,..but we'll see how the first prototype flies. Chip Bullen could have his E3D there also. He used some cheap covering he didn't like, and is in the process of recovering it. Mike Zellars from Lakeland is also supposed to come, he has an E3D flying too. Another local guy, Doc Stephenson, just crashed his E3D monday. The battery pack flew out when he was doing waterfalls(tight outside tumbles from hover). He's in the process of repairing and hopes to have it with him. If everything works out we should have 4 or 5 E3D's there. I've seen the Sarasota club's web page before. Need to make a weekend trip over there and fly with you guys sometime.
Old Nov 14, 2001, 08:57 PM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,714 Posts
how bout some directions and details, I would like to bring out the Flea, and Minx
Dave (RCACF)
dave morris is offline Find More Posts by dave morris
Old Nov 15, 2001, 07:04 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,160 Posts
Dave, check out the "calender" button at the top of the page for the discussion groups. It has pertinent info on it about funfly's (including this one).
You're flea,..by the way, inspired me a bit. I've had the idea of a direct drive endoplasma on 6 cells in the back of my head and a plane sorta like a flea on steroids. It's covered now, and I gotta find a couple more HS81's and she should be ready to go. Weight looks like it's gonna be 30 ounces RTF, give or take an ounce and I was shooting for 32 or less, so that's good. wing is 40X7 and 10% thick (yes, less than 3/4 inch thick). This puts the wing loading between 15 and 16 ounces per square which should work for handlaunch, and the endo on 6 cells, 40'ish amps, spins the heck out of a 6X6 folder,.. 100mph+ pitch speed. This is with 3000 nimh,.. so for something like a one-design race idea,.. CP1300's could be used to give more than enough for 10 laps duration, and get the weight down even more. I did try 10 CP1300 cells with a 4.75X4.75. Amps were a bit high, tach wouldn't read the rpms, and the "whine" scared all the neighbors within a mile It might be nice for a 2 minute "demo" every now and then,..hehe. Gotta find a couple HS81's and see if it flies or fizzles.
Old Nov 15, 2001, 09:53 AM
ppc
Clearwater, Fl. U.S.A.
Joined Dec 1999
104 Posts
I just looked in the Calander Of Events and phoned Ray Hawkinson. The field is located at the end of 8th Av. S.E. in Largo, FL. I hope to be there as a spectator.
ppc is offline Find More Posts by ppc
Old Nov 15, 2001, 01:10 PM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
I'll be there, along with another fellow from Orlando (NickW). Look for the little Cub with Snoopy at the stick...

GWRIGHT- Do you know if Allen Buck (from IRKS) is gonna go? I forgot to ask him last time I saw him, I know he builds a lot of small E-planes. Just wondering. Ooh, that reminds me! Sailplane contest at IRKS Sunday! Woo-Hoo! Gonna be a great weekend!

Should be lots of fun!!!
R. Carver is offline Find More Posts by R. Carver
Last edited by R. Carver; Nov 15, 2001 at 01:16 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2001, 01:25 PM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,160 Posts
Dunno about Allen Buck. Damn,.. forgot about the sailplane contest. Does that mean I've gotta go home and put a reciever back in my olympic? Can I keep my endoplasma and 15X12 folder on the nose of it? I promise not to turn it on,.. well,..not untill after it comes off the winch,..hehe
Old Nov 15, 2001, 01:30 PM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GWRIGHT
Can I keep my endoplasma and 15X12 folder on the nose of it? I promise not to turn it on,.. well,..not untill after it comes off the winch,..hehe
Take the blades off and tell the CD it's "Ballast"
Old Nov 16, 2001, 09:57 PM
Sailplane Nut
Providence, RI
Joined Nov 2000
344 Posts
I will be there. Im looking forward to seeing some other electrics fly. At our sailplane field its pretty much a zagi or two, and my Omega and Rusty's Cub. As entertaining as it is to watch rusty crash, I mean fly, it will be great to see some other electrics!

I will be flying the Omega from this months review. See you all there!

Nick Wisdom
Orlando, FL
NickW is offline Find More Posts by NickW
Old Nov 16, 2001, 10:22 PM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NickW
...... As entertaining as it is to watch rusty crash, I mean fly, it will be great to see some other electrics!

Nick Wisdom
Orlando, FL

For the last frickin' time- It's a "landing incident", not a crash!!!