HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:58 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
146 Posts
Yeah there is a koa behind me or yogi bear campground east of me about 2 miles also.I just don't want u all driving an 1hr and half or more and we have crappy weather. But it doesn't matter to me.We just will keep watching the weather and make a final dicision Friday .
banks is offline Find More Posts by banks
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Sorry all, busy busy week so I am just catching up on the posts. So the goal is to fly Sunday? The weather is looking pretty decent for that day, with mild winds, so am I still welcome to come Banks? I would love to meet up with you guys and fly, if so send me a pm, and I have have a few additional questions. Thanks.

John
v9climber is offline Find More Posts by v9climber
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:00 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
146 Posts
they are still calling for a 20% chance on sunday but thats up too who ever wants to come just let me know.V9 shoot me a pm and ask whatever else ya wanna know
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Today is suppose to be very much like tomorrow which is nice as the winds are very low. And at 20% rain at 2pm and after that's something I am more than willing to roll the dice on. So who else is in?

John
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:21 AM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Banks and All,

I'm planning on Sunday and would like to get there early 8 to 9 AM or so to try and catch the light winds. However, if that's too early I can probably find a place on the way to fly and then get there a bit later. Just let me know what time you are thinking. I'm going to PM Banks now to exchange phone numbers but it would be nice to see some more responses on here of people planning to go!!!

Cheers,
Paul
pthompson24 is offline Find More Posts by pthompson24
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthompson24 View Post
Banks and All,

I'm planning on Sunday and would like to get there early 8 to 9 AM or so to try and catch the light winds. However, if that's too early I can probably find a place on the way to fly and then get there a bit later. Just let me know what time you are thinking. I'm going to PM Banks now to exchange phone numbers but it would be nice to see some more responses on here of people planning to go!!!

Cheers,
Paul
So far its just u and V9.8:30 and up is ok to arrive
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:43 PM
fly it high as possible
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jun 2009
488 Posts
Quote:
Banks and All,

Cheers,
Paul
Hi guys,

as Paul said, the best time to catch light wind is in the evening or early morning,
and i'm going to fly today after 5PM or tomorrow from 8-10AM at MD.
I'm going to test my new antenna and need really light wind. If it is OK, will show you something new.
Other hours look like too windy for my glider, otherwise just to watch his parachuting.
And will have some kind of meeting w/my family, gonna be busy tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,
Alexandr
IL76MD is offline Find More Posts by IL76MD
Last edited by IL76MD; Sep 29, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:15 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,968 Posts
I'm going to try to make it but might have a family commitment. Hope to see u guys, if not then have fun!
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
146 Posts
Awesome time thanks for coming guys the weather was great Cant wait to do that again!!!!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:35 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,968 Posts
i'm sooo jealous Glad u guys had fun, Hopefully i can make the next one. Now lets see some videos

Kyle
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
I just wanted to give a big thanks out to Banks for letting the FPV invasion take place at his house, had an amazing time... Conditions were perfect. I am now going out and buying my LRS, as those mountains are just way to close. Pics and video to follow. And Paul you have the coolest scratch twin screw plane I have seen in a while. So when are we doing this again? we can do some location rotations in the future, but that was so much fun flying together.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:07 PM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Banks, Thanks so much for being the perfect host and hosting an awesome day of flying and learning together. You have a great field to fly from and as soon as you get the crop circle or corn maze set up so we can find our way home it will be perfect! :-)

John, Thanks for all your advise on antennas, plane choices, and general FPV knowledge. It was great to meet you and Banks and I hope to fly with you both again in the future.

We had perfect weather and I just got home about 6PM (I stopped along the way) and ran into a rainstorm up here so we squeezed it in just right.

We captured some excellent video with the best being the air to air video with John looking down on my plane with us both at about 800 feet I'm guessing as neither of us have OSD right now. With us nailing our landings at the end it just topped off a great day!

Now to get the 8 gigs of video boiled down to about 4 minutes of video we can post. I guess we'll put it up right here.

Cheers,
Paul
pthompson24 is offline Find More Posts by pthompson24
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:21 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
146 Posts
Im going to work on getting a picnic table and a long extension cord so we have power out there.And maybe a FPV shed so we wont have sunshine issues lol.Since my fpv plane flew so good i should,ve just mounted the cam on it and went for it lol.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:48 PM
fly it high as possible
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jun 2009
488 Posts
Quote:
We captured some excellent video with the best being the air to air video with John looking down on my plane with us both at about 800 feet I'm guessing as neither of us have OSD right now. With us nailing our landings at the end it just topped off a great day!

Now to get the 8 gigs of video boiled down to about 4 minutes of video we can post. I guess we'll put it up right here.

Cheers,
Paul
I'm dying to watch your video, guys.
I have already tested my new equipment and gonna fly w/you next time.
IL76MD is offline Find More Posts by IL76MD
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Here are the planes from Sunday.