Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:18 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
Yeah i say we bail on this weekend.Next weekend is fine tho if the weather is ok.
banks is offline Find More Posts by banks
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:23 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks View Post
Yeah i say we bail on this weekend.Next weekend is fine tho if the weather is ok.
Agreed:-/
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Sweet, then I have more time to get my OSD into the plane. I have it working but need to mount it, and the EZ is not the best for room. See you guys next weekend then.
v9climber is offline Find More Posts by v9climber
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Any update to the weekend?
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:31 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
The weather looks good so im game if anyone else is
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:30 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,940 Posts
Can't make it this weekend. Have fun!!
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
Weather update today is pretty windy and very cloudy like its going to snow or something.And tomorrow they have changed the weather to saying now it will be 5-7 mph wind starting in the morning.So we might have to hold off again.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 12:18 PM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
I agree with you Banks. Thanks for being so flexible! In addition to the cold weather I have a lot to catch up on this weekend! I know we are heading into winter but sometimes a great day comes along and if we can see it in advance and set things up the day before that would be awesome!

-Paul

Quote:
Weather update today is pretty windy and very cloudy like its going to snow or something.And tomorrow they have changed the weather to saying now it will be 5-7 mph wind starting in the morning.So we might have to hold off again.
pthompson24 is offline Find More Posts by pthompson24
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Sorry all for disappearing for this weekend call, I had not gotten a chance to try out the new setup with the OSD. Anyways, today was beautiful here today and got out for 2 flights, first one I couldn't get a GPS lock and got tired of waiting. Second one all systems worked perfect, when 7000+ feet out with perfect video and control, and then took it up to 3500 ft to look around. I am so happy to not be lost anymore in the air, big arrow point back to home.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:13 AM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
511 Posts
Hey everyone,

I thought I posted to this thread a while back but I guess I didn't. I'm not too far from a lot of you, I'm in Leesburg. I just started flying FPV recently, I actually have a Sky Surfer showing up today that I'm going to move my FPV equipment over to. Currently I'm using a Pitts biplane Not the best FPV platform.

I'm still using Spektrum 2.4 for control and an IRC 5.8ghz 600mw video setup. I also have a RVOSD 5 that I recently setup. If you all are going to met up and fly I'd love to come to.
naryan is offline Find More Posts by naryan
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:58 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
This weekend looks like it will b really nice but i wont be home.It figures when the weather is nice ill b out of town lol
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:33 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Apr 2008
150 Posts
Hey Guys,
I wanted to jump in here. I'm in central VA (Chesterfield, near Richmond). If anybody plans on getting together in the next few weekends, I'm game but would need a little notice.

I'm new to FPV but I'm a long time R/C'er. I'm flying a foamie beater and have a Ritewing II just about ready for a maiden flight.

-Peter
peter.braswell is offline Find More Posts by peter.braswell
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:23 PM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Banks, I almost posted here when I saw the forecast last night. Super calm Saturday morning and warning up nicely. Makes me feel better you aren't available because I was thinking how much work around the yard I could get done! :-)

Quote:
This weekend looks like it will b really nice but i wont be home.It figures when the weather is nice ill b out of town lol
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Paul,

Did you see my pm about you monitor? How is the penguin going, I interested in the build.

John
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Hi John,

No, I missed the PM, sorry. I got the Craig 15" Monitor at CVS drugstore at the suggestion of this RC group thread...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1127942

I started the Penguin but haven't touched it since. There is just too much going on right now unfortunately for me to do anything much with the hobby. Today would have been a perfect day to fly at Banks but he couldn't make it and though I could of I was much more productive on outdoor tasks at home.

I'm thinking next year I'll be able to get back into the hobby a lot more, maybe even this winter as flying at the local parks is easy when it's cold as no one else is there! I also joined a DC Area Drone group and we met once at Willowmere park in Stafford. They are also frustrated at good places to fly and I mentioned Banks place but wasn't sure Banks was interested in that. I've still been looking at property west of me for fun but I'd be crazy to do something now since I have little time and that pesky fiscal cliff is looming.

Cheers,
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by v9climber View Post
Paul,

Did you see my pm about you monitor? How is the penguin going, I interested in the build.

John