HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks View Post

Hey post some pics of the flamewheel.Is it a quadcopter or what.
It's a Hex Copter. Six blades. Quite stable.

This picture isn't the best but it's all I have for now.

Cheers,
Paul
pthompson24 is offline Find More Posts by pthompson24
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:46 PM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
That looks sweet. You gotta bring that out next time who makes that thing and how much wieght can it lift
banks is offline Find More Posts by banks
Last edited by banks; Oct 13, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:06 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Jan 2012
1,347 Posts
Hey guys! Looks like you all have been busy! I've kind of been off the radar the last couple weeks.

My wife is about to give birth to our first, and I've been flying some of my larger gas stuff. Waiting on a few things to get delivered to got my X8 ready.

This weekend is the NVRC auction so I'm going to be an auctioneer for that. Come out if you can, always a lot of great stuff. It's Saturday at WT Woodson high in Fairfax.

Hope to get out with the X8 the weekend after. Banks, any problem flying larger scale stuff out there. If not, I might drag my 50cc out too.
Oso M is online now Find More Posts by Oso M
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:29 PM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
I dont have any 50cc stuff but im sure i have plenty of room.Ive seen people fly the 50cc funtanas and other style 3d stuff and they actually dont take as much room as i would of thought to take off and land.But no one has been here with that big a plane.The biggest thing i have is a 80inch span sig kadet and i have lots of room for that.
banks is offline Find More Posts by banks
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:29 PM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
congrats on the first also
banks is offline Find More Posts by banks
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:08 PM
Registered User
gromitvt10's Avatar
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthompson24 View Post
Thanks Banks. Can anyone else make it on the 28th? Weather permitting of course!!
I can do the 28th, if that's the plan.

Kyle
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10 View Post
I can do the 28th, if that's the plan.

Kyle
So far that's what we are shooting for
banks is offline Find More Posts by banks
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:14 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M View Post
Hey guys! Looks like you all have been busy! I've kind of been off the radar the last couple weeks.

My wife is about to give birth to our first, and I've been flying some of my larger gas stuff. Waiting on a few things to get delivered to got my X8 ready.

This weekend is the NVRC auction so I'm going to be an auctioneer for that. Come out if you can, always a lot of great stuff. It's Saturday at WT Woodson high in Fairfax.

Hope to get out with the X8 the weekend after. Banks, any problem flying larger scale stuff out there. If not, I might drag my 50cc out too.
Oso M,

Can you provide details for the NVRC auction? Location/date/time, I have never been but would like to go.

Sorry all I have been working a lot so I have been AFK. Anyways, If the 28th is a nice day I am planning on attending. I think I will bring a couple more planes this time.

John
v9climber is offline Find More Posts by v9climber
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:45 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Jan 2012
1,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v9climber View Post
Oso M,

Can you provide details for the NVRC auction? Location/date/time, I have never been but would like to go.

Sorry all I have been working a lot so I have been AFK. Anyways, If the 28th is a nice day I am planning on attending. I think I will bring a couple more planes this time.

John
Hey John - sure thing. I'm attaching the flyer here.

Dave
Oso M is online now Find More Posts by Oso M
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:51 PM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
Its supposed to be nice all this week so hopefully the 28th will be nice also Who all is planning on coming if the weather holds up.
banks is offline Find More Posts by banks
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:17 AM
Registered User
gromitvt10's Avatar
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks View Post
Its supposed to be nice all this week so hopefully the 28th will be nice also Who all is planning on coming if the weather holds up.
I am.
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Oso M's Avatar
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Jan 2012
1,347 Posts
Any of you guys make it to the auction on Sunday?

I played auctioneer a couple of rounds.
Oso M is online now Find More Posts by Oso M
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:50 PM
Registered User
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
I can make it but right now but unfortunately I'm seeing 57 as a high and rain on Sunday so that will have to change by Saturday evening to make the trip a go for me anyway. I've seen it turn around before so I'll stay optimistic!!!

-Paul
pthompson24 is offline Find More Posts by pthompson24
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:47 PM
Registered User
banks's Avatar
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
I think with that hurricane coming up the cost its going to rain or something.Im seeing 40% chance but it doesnt say if it will be in the morn or afternoon or what yet.With 40% chance it will i just dont know when yet but ill wait and see what it looks like saturday evening and keep yall updated.As far as temp goes we can biuld a bonfire or something to stay warm if needed lol.
banks is offline Find More Posts by banks
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:16 PM
Registered User
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Yeah, I didn't know when I posted about rain that it was from the Hurricane of the Century! Unless it takes and unexpected turn out to sea I'm going to have to bail on this weekend. Nature wins! Sorry about that, but will be willing to consider next weekend if power is restored by then. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banks View Post
I think with that hurricane coming up the cost its going to rain or something.Im seeing 40% chance but it doesnt say if it will be in the morn or afternoon or what yet.With 40% chance it will i just dont know when yet but ill wait and see what it looks like saturday evening and keep yall updated.As far as temp goes we can biuld a bonfire or something to stay warm if needed lol.
pthompson24 is offline Find More Posts by pthompson24
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off Site Not mine but LPU huge collection DC area skydvejam Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 Aug 22, 2012 10:27 PM
Discussion Any experienced FPV pilots in Sturbridge, MA area? slowjett FPV Talk 5 Apr 17, 2012 08:47 PM
For Sale 3DHS 59" Slick RX Ready LPU - Norther Virginia, MD, DC area SalamSyed Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Mar 26, 2012 11:25 PM
Question how to step up 11.1V 3 cell lipo DC to 12V DC for my FPV monitor? TheSelf FPV Talk 15 Dec 16, 2011 10:53 PM
Help! DC/DC converter for fpv up2late FPV Talk 3 Jan 27, 2010 12:53 AM