HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:39 PM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks View Post

Hey post some pics of the flamewheel.Is it a quadcopter or what.
It's a Hex Copter. Six blades. Quite stable.

This picture isn't the best but it's all I have for now.

Cheers,
Paul
pthompson24 is offline Find More Posts by pthompson24
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:46 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
That looks sweet. You gotta bring that out next time who makes that thing and how much wieght can it lift
banks is offline Find More Posts by banks
Last edited by banks; Oct 13, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:06 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Jan 2012
1,347 Posts
Hey guys! Looks like you all have been busy! I've kind of been off the radar the last couple weeks.

My wife is about to give birth to our first, and I've been flying some of my larger gas stuff. Waiting on a few things to get delivered to got my X8 ready.

This weekend is the NVRC auction so I'm going to be an auctioneer for that. Come out if you can, always a lot of great stuff. It's Saturday at WT Woodson high in Fairfax.

Hope to get out with the X8 the weekend after. Banks, any problem flying larger scale stuff out there. If not, I might drag my 50cc out too.
Oso M is online now Find More Posts by Oso M
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
I dont have any 50cc stuff but im sure i have plenty of room.Ive seen people fly the 50cc funtanas and other style 3d stuff and they actually dont take as much room as i would of thought to take off and land.But no one has been here with that big a plane.The biggest thing i have is a 80inch span sig kadet and i have lots of room for that.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
congrats on the first also
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:08 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthompson24 View Post
Thanks Banks. Can anyone else make it on the 28th? Weather permitting of course!!
I can do the 28th, if that's the plan.

Kyle
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10 View Post
I can do the 28th, if that's the plan.

Kyle
So far that's what we are shooting for
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:14 AM
Joined Nov 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso M View Post
Hey guys! Looks like you all have been busy! I've kind of been off the radar the last couple weeks.

My wife is about to give birth to our first, and I've been flying some of my larger gas stuff. Waiting on a few things to get delivered to got my X8 ready.

This weekend is the NVRC auction so I'm going to be an auctioneer for that. Come out if you can, always a lot of great stuff. It's Saturday at WT Woodson high in Fairfax.

Hope to get out with the X8 the weekend after. Banks, any problem flying larger scale stuff out there. If not, I might drag my 50cc out too.
Oso M,

Can you provide details for the NVRC auction? Location/date/time, I have never been but would like to go.

Sorry all I have been working a lot so I have been AFK. Anyways, If the 28th is a nice day I am planning on attending. I think I will bring a couple more planes this time.

John
v9climber is offline Find More Posts by v9climber
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:45 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Joined Jan 2012
1,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v9climber View Post
Oso M,

Can you provide details for the NVRC auction? Location/date/time, I have never been but would like to go.

Sorry all I have been working a lot so I have been AFK. Anyways, If the 28th is a nice day I am planning on attending. I think I will bring a couple more planes this time.

John
Hey John - sure thing. I'm attaching the flyer here.

Dave
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:51 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
Its supposed to be nice all this week so hopefully the 28th will be nice also Who all is planning on coming if the weather holds up.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:17 AM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Its supposed to be nice all this week so hopefully the 28th will be nice also Who all is planning on coming if the weather holds up.
I am.
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Joined Jan 2012
1,347 Posts
Any of you guys make it to the auction on Sunday?

I played auctioneer a couple of rounds.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:50 PM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
I can make it but right now but unfortunately I'm seeing 57 as a high and rain on Sunday so that will have to change by Saturday evening to make the trip a go for me anyway. I've seen it turn around before so I'll stay optimistic!!!

-Paul
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:47 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
I think with that hurricane coming up the cost its going to rain or something.Im seeing 40% chance but it doesnt say if it will be in the morn or afternoon or what yet.With 40% chance it will i just dont know when yet but ill wait and see what it looks like saturday evening and keep yall updated.As far as temp goes we can biuld a bonfire or something to stay warm if needed lol.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:16 PM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Yeah, I didn't know when I posted about rain that it was from the Hurricane of the Century! Unless it takes and unexpected turn out to sea I'm going to have to bail on this weekend. Nature wins! Sorry about that, but will be willing to consider next weekend if power is restored by then. :-)

Quote:
I think with that hurricane coming up the cost its going to rain or something.Im seeing 40% chance but it doesnt say if it will be in the morn or afternoon or what yet.With 40% chance it will i just dont know when yet but ill wait and see what it looks like saturday evening and keep yall updated.As far as temp goes we can biuld a bonfire or something to stay warm if needed lol.