HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Picture of Paul and his rig, man does that bird fly smooth. If people wanted to see what the surroundings looked like, you can see the mountains are right there for the flying. Ok I just looked it up, the peak in the distance is called "Neighbor Mountain", height 2612ft. Banks house is 3.8 miles one way, and you start at 891ft, for a total gain of 1793ft. If your really ambitious, Skyline at the 211 pass with Mary's rock at 6miles.
v9climber is offline Find More Posts by v9climber
Last edited by v9climber; Oct 01, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:56 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
I got the .10 size motor for my plane today. I'll post pics of the size difference of what I had in it Sunday and what will soon be going in it lol.
banks is offline Find More Posts by banks
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:12 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
Here is a pic of the old motor i maidend the raptor with sunday and here is the new one i got today.It flew better then i thought it would with it but a little more power can never hurt New is the much bigger black one
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:34 AM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Video of the FPV meet in Lurray VA

Hey Guys,

I finally got a video made up and I love the way it turned out. That was a great time, well worth the drive, and I hope to do it again someday. Banks thanks for offering up your place for this experience! John, thanks for sharing all your excellent knowledge on the hobby and your kind words about my plane!

Banks, that motor should kick butt ! And congrats on the successful maiden of that new plane while we were there!

Here's the video....

FPV Flying with a couple of guys from the "DC Area FPV" thread on RC Groups in Lurray VA (3 min 14 sec)
pthompson24 is offline Find More Posts by pthompson24
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:26 AM
fly it high as possible
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jun 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthompson24 View Post
Hey Guys,

I finally got a video made up and I love the way it turned out. That was a great time, well worth the drive, and I hope to do it again someday. Banks thanks for offering up your place for this experience! John, thanks for sharing all your excellent knowledge on the hobby and your kind words about my plane!

Banks, that motor should kick butt ! And congrats on the successful maiden of that new plane while we were there!

Here's the video....

http://vimeo.com/50586954
Wow!

It is so GREAT! To watch your birds and view around the place.

I'm itching to come to that beautiful land.

Thanks.
IL76MD is offline Find More Posts by IL76MD
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banks View Post
Here is a pic of the old motor i maidend the raptor with sunday and here is the new one i got today.It flew better then i thought it would with it but a little more power can never hurt New is the much bigger black one

Well if that motor doesn't get the job done then I'm not sure what will. You should probably get all around better performance from that setup. So long as your ESC can handle the draw, which from what I saw should be no issue, you'll be able to setup to a 5000mAh battery. One question that came to mind after I left that day for you was on the madien flight, did you have any expo on your controls? I learned a long time back FPVing is like flying 3D with respect to lots of expo makes for smooth flying. Ayways that motor should solve any concerns.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
My esc is plenty for it and ill be using a 8x6 3 blade master airscrew on it.Ive never used expo except on my helis but ill try without first and then if I feel I need it ill use it Once I get a few more flights and everything dialed in ill probably get a bigger batt.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Well I recommned you add expo to all your control surfaces. You will see that once you start recording video that fine control is what helps make nice smooth video. I want to say mine is like 60% on the easy.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:04 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
I'm glad u let my wife try out the goggles because she said those were cool,it will make it easier for me to buy a pair lol.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:56 PM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Banks, you have the nicest family, and a great flying yard to boot! Of course she'll let you get the goggles. :-)

John, I researched the Penguin and the ReadymadeRC web site you were telling me about. So I ordered one today to check it out. I was going to build a small one but I just can't do it all so I gave in to the temptation. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Paul
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:17 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthompson24 View Post
Banks, you have the nicest family, and a great flying yard to boot! Of course she'll let you get the goggles. :-)

John, I researched the Penguin and the ReadymadeRC web site you were telling me about. So I ordered one today to check it out. I was going to build a small one but I just can't do it all so I gave in to the temptation. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Paul
Sweet i cant wait to see that thing
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:09 AM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,940 Posts
I've got a Penguin coming also, looks like a good flyer.
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Nov 2010
108 Posts
Apparently I need to get off my rear and order one also, before none are left
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, VA, Luray
Joined Feb 2004
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v9climber View Post
Apparently I need to get off my rear and order one also, before none are left
Order me one while your at it lol
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:47 PM
Sterling, VA, USA
Joined Aug 2007
530 Posts
Guys,

The Penguin arrived today already! Wow that was fast, ReadymadeRC is living up to their reputation! This plane is big! I like it so far just checking out the parts. I probably won't have a chance to put it together right away but once I do I'll report back to this thread to let you know how it goes.

Have a great weekend. Get your flying in Saturday as Sunday doesn't look as good.

Cheers,
-Paul