HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Discussion
slow forward flight v911

I'm a noob w/a v911. It has a slow forward flight with ALOT of pendilum effect. Checked all screws and links, flybar moves pretty easy. should fb have more tension? The 'roll' both left and right seem responsive enough. It does this whether i give small cyclic or hold it full stick/ full elevator. Also, zero wind outside this am
hilewannabe is offline Find More Posts by hilewannabe
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:36 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,167 Posts
The silver button on the upper left isn't decorative (The one on the right *is* decorative tho), press that once and it should give you more forward flight.

It's the DualRate button. By default you're only getting 70% of your elevator and aeleron servos throws. If you look at the LCD screen you may notice that the indicator for the cyclic only goes up to three bars if you hold the right stick in any direction. If you press the silver button once, you get 100% of your servos and the LCD should show four bars.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:51 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Yes, mine has a lot of pendulum as well on any full stick direction. Going full rate might make it go faster, but the swing will also be more pronounced when you try and stop.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I will try that when i get home. Also, i thought was funny is that i can't hover for squat, but i can fly it around...
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:31 PM View Post
david151511
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:51 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david151511 View Post
Oh! ¡Dios mío! iPhone Controlados RC i-Helicopter - iPod Touch iPhone iPad remoto helicóptero controlado! 10% a 30% de descuento! Le encantará aquí! http://wz.gl/kohu
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:44 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilewannabe View Post
Thanks for the reply. I will try that when i get home. Also, i thought was funny is that i can't hover for squat, but i can fly it around...
The heli hovers by itself so no worries there, you just have to intervene and add your own inputs to compensate for the flybar if you want to hover more steadily.

The pendulum effect is inherent for this heli unfortunately so you'll actually find yourself fighting the flybar a lot. When you try to hold the helicopter steady, it's like pulling back on the pendulum. When you let go, it'll slide in the opposite direction several feet while it swings back into place before settling down. I've learned that a quick push in the opposite direction so that it's already in the apex of the opposite side lessens it. In other words, if a heli is sliding to the left, you can stop it by pushing it harder *to* the left, the left momentum and the right pendulum will cancel each other out.

This doesn't happen on the 6ch, so i'm assuming that it's because of the flybar.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Hajile; Sep 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:53 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
You presume that the unit doesn't have trim issues. My v911 will not do a stable hover either and I have been attempting to find a good spot ( big indoor gym ) where I can do some physical trim. With the proper power to the main blades I should be able to hands off hover in a general location.

That said the rudder is super sensitive and I do not know how people do it without messing with the thrust. I wish I had expo on this remote.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
changing the dual-rate definately helped the forward flight outside. Now should the flybar move freely (up & down) or should it have the screw snugged up so that there's a little resistance?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Nov 2011
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilewannabe View Post
changing the dual-rate definately helped the forward flight outside. Now should the flybar move freely (up & down) or should it have the screw snugged up so that there's a little resistance?
As a rule, flybars should always move freely.

In 45* flybarred systems you can think of the flybar as moving in the preferred plane of the main blades. Meaning that in the absence of pilot input the main blades will want to move into the same plane as the flybar (which is generally parallel to the ground) hence the self stabilizing behavior. If there is resistance on the flybar then as the main blades attempt to come into the flybar plane they will push the flybar out of plane via the control links and you'll get oscillation (and TBE) as the two over and under shoot level. You're always going to get some pendulum effect since the main blades have mass too but within the travel limits of the flybar it ought to damp out fairly quickly.
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Apr 07, 2014, 07:41 PM
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
Status? Same problem no fix

Curious if you solved your problem. I've recovered from the problem before and got superb forward motion via mode 2. However now, barely any forward motion. Replaced flybar (moves freely) and blades. All checks out. I'm now wondering if the remote has anything to do with it. It's had a few spills.
Many thanks.
Frankyualot is offline Find More Posts by Frankyualot
Old Apr 07, 2014, 09:47 PM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
896 Posts
Welcome to RC Groups! Please come visit us over in the v911 thread if you are having any issues with the v911. Lots of folks there will help if you provide detailed information about any problem.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...48027&page=743

You also can refer to my blog for tips and mods for the v911 and v911-pro.

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline Find More Posts by Florida Heli
RCG Plus Member