HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:57 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Question
Had an old ESC burn up on me

Built a Tuffwing quick with an old 25amp ESC i bought back in 2006. the motor was a EMAX CF2822 & 5x7 prop . Was flying around for about 4 minutes when she rolled inverted and burned in from 100ft , I lost all control .. when i picked up the wing I could smell the esc. I did cut off the bullet connectors and soldered the wires straight to the motor. Did I do something wrong? I didn't notice anything funky when i ran it on the bench.
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:43 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts

It is hard to say what it could be...

Looks liken there is no ventilation for the ESC... What temps was the ESC running at? I would be concerned about temps. Did you loose servo power also?

You can use the online repair form to send in the ESC...

http://www.castlecreations.com/support/repairs.html
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:57 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
It is hard to say what it could be...

Looks liken there is no ventilation for the ESC... What temps was the ESC running at? I would be concerned about temps. Did you loose servo power also?

You can use the online repair form to send in the ESC...

http://www.castlecreations.com/support/repairs.html
Thanks for the reply . Yeah I lost everything and it went in. I wasn't really concerned with the ventilation because of the little motor & prop.. I was only in the air for around 4 minutes before it gave up the ghost.
Not worth it to me to send it in for repair , nothing I'm flying these days would use a 25amp esc. Probably pick up one of the newer 40amps y'all are putting out.
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!