HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Discussion
has anyone got an old DX7 to work with a satellite on a Zyx-s?

Im having no luck

Zyx-s 3.5v
Old DX7
Ive tried dsm2 satellite, dsmx satellite tried to bind via DX7,
Also Tried to bind each satellite with the appropriate receiver
Ive selected the correct receiver setting dsm2-1

Anyone get an old DX7 working?
EGG_ is offline Find More Posts by EGG_
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:49 PM
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
282 Posts
have 2 -500's with zyx-s using spectrum dsm2 sats and an old dx7.seems if i recall i ended up binding the sat ,and always got the flashing light,just hit the set button and continued to program.it took a few times playing with the set button and binding before it cont to work.
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
mmmracecars,
so you are running satellite ONLY successfully with an old DX7, did you bind your satellite via zyx-s through your DX7 or did you bind your DX7 and satellite with a full size reciever first?

What receiver setting are you selecting in the software to get the zyx-s and the satellite to talk with your DX7?

all im getting is solid lights on the zyx-s the second i plug in a battery, it never initalizes unless i hit the set button.
Last edited by EGG_; Sep 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Ok so the DX7 does work on a satellite only, finally got it working!

what ended up working for me was to reset the model in my tx, bind the tx with a full dsm2 reciever and satellite, then hooked up the just the satellite as per the tarot diagram, had to use the set button to get a solid light, connected, went into setup, selected dsm2-1, went thru the rest of the setup and advanced setup, unplugged it, plugged it back in, it initalized, blinked 3 times and now I have a solid light and can connect and have full response from my heli!

Im not 100% sure but I tried this same method 100 times using the fbl.net software and it didnt work, finally figured out how to assign my usb port and used the tarot software and worked the first time. so keep that in mind.