Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 26, 2003, 12:38 PM
NJ, USA
Joined Mar 2002
152 Posts
Question
Should I get an Axon if I have a SB and Mini-Flash?

I've been avay from the board, and flying planes, for most of the summer due to by recent disease involving a nitro heli.

Now I come back and see this REALLY GREAT looking plane, the Axon.

I already fly a Switchback and Miniflash.

Does an Axon fly like a combo of the two?

In your opinions, is it different (better) enough to get one if I already have these other two?

DAMB! people better stop designing cool planes and give me a chance to catch up!

Thanks,
Lou
Allora is offline Find More Posts by Allora
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2003, 06:24 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
No, the Axon does not fly like a combo of the Switchback and Miniflash. It's something entlrely different. I highly recommend it as a perfect completion to the triangle or sport airplanes

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Nov 26, 2003, 08:14 PM
NJ, USA
Joined Mar 2002
152 Posts
Martin,

Thanks for the reply. Great Review by the way. Video is awsome.

How is it different, would you mind describing how? With that slim body, it seams more like a pylon racer than a 3D, but you seemed to put it through its paces pretty easily.

Thanks,
Lou
Old Nov 26, 2003, 08:26 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
The Miniflash is much slower than either the SB or Axon, so I'll leave that out. The SB seems to be better suited to tighter maneuvers. She'll bank and yank better than the Axon. On the other hand, the Axon is beautiful at energy retention and larger, pattern-style aerobatics. The Axon is slightly less stable which is nice in a semi-pattern flyer as it allows you to truly depart the wing into a snap or spin and instantly stop. That's not to say the SB won't do that - it's just slightly more pronounced on the Axon. I like it that way. Though it's not really intended for 3D, the Axon does cross the line there as well. I've yet to fly my SB GT since gaining my recent 3D skills so I can't really compare on that level. I will do so soon.

Martin
Old Nov 26, 2003, 09:58 PM
St. Peters, MO
Joined Sep 2003
76 Posts
I am kinda new to the hobby. What is meant by "pattern" flyer?

I have a new Dandy Sport. The Switchback and Miniflash interest me too, but they look a lot alike and I just do not see a big difference.
uncas is offline Find More Posts by uncas
Old Nov 26, 2003, 11:15 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
"Pattern" style flying emphasizes large, smooth, graceful aerobatics - the kind you might see at a full scale airshow.

Martin
Old Nov 27, 2003, 07:22 PM
NJ, USA
Joined Mar 2002
152 Posts
Great. Thanks for the explanation Martin.

-Lou
Old Nov 27, 2003, 08:28 PM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Allora,

Get an ATTITUDE You will really like it.

genovia..

Here's a low alt. knife edge Imagine the hover mode. Yep! EASY
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia
Old Nov 28, 2003, 10:12 AM
NJ, USA
Joined Mar 2002
152 Posts
G-

How is the baby? last time I was on the board you signed off for a while to fofill your duties.

Congrats again.

I think I'm going to get something for the winter building season. I'll check out the ATTITUDE. It looks like a semi-pattern ship. I haven't finished my Mini-flash yet, but I need to keep feeding the addiction.

I bought a TT Raptor 30v2 in April, and swapped my time on this board for www.Runryder.com. They are also a great bunch of guys, and very necessary when starting with Helis.

Geno - Don't you own a nitro heli? If not, you really should think about it. They really are awsome.

-Lou
Last edited by Allora; Nov 28, 2003 at 10:14 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2003, 12:54 PM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
*****G-

How is the baby? last time I was on the board you signed off for a while to fofill your duties.

Lou,

The baby is good as ever, he is growing rapidly

******Geno - Don't you own a nitro heli? If not, you really should think about it. They really are awsome. ****

I have a Raptor and yes, heli. is fun, I fly with a group of guys and one of them owns a small field, yet, big enough to circle the Raptor around I started with the Corona 120. Now I have a Raptor
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia