HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 01:19 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,429 Posts
Question
I never built a wing like this before...

I'm building a B&M Models Kloud King. I've just about completed the fuse and tail sections and now I've come to the wing construction.

The instructions say I can build the wing in two ways. After read through the instructions I assume that I can build the center section along with the spars "sticking up in the air" at the correct dihedral and then lay the spar down on the plans and attach the ribs/etc.

Normally I would build both panels and attach them in the center.

Is my assumption correct? I've never built a wing like this before.

Thanks in advance.
Broken Wings is online now Find More Posts by Broken Wings
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:38 PM
South Africa
Joined Feb 2009
2,767 Posts
It does sound strange, but I read those instructions the same way. Sounds fun
owlsabie is offline Find More Posts by owlsabie
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:58 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,621 Posts
Yep, perfectly good way of building a wing; assemble the spar or spars first to the correct dihedral angle, then build the wings a section at a time. Example below, has only one bottom spar pre-assembled over the front view of the wing first, but the principle is the same, the centre section is assembled first onto the pre-farbricated spar, then left panel, then right panel. Means that you get really good, precise joints on the main spar and that the dihedral has to be right.
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:29 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,429 Posts
Perfect, Thank You Very Much.

All I've got left is the wing and she'll be ready for sanding/covering.
Broken Wings is online now Find More Posts by Broken Wings