SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:27 PM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
Almost Completed! Blue Alloy & Carbon Fibre Traxxas Rustler VXL (2 min 46 sec)
leonggyooi is offline Find More Posts by leonggyooi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:36 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonggyooi View Post
budget..LOL..as my initail thread subject goes SC10 or Slash 4X4, but i changed my mind at last to get the Rustler after watching all reviews and videos..I just like the body and big wheels..LOL..I don't do jumps..but the stock shocks is not threaded to adjust ride height..hmmm..

For the hopups, mostly are RPM stuffs..I'm from the other side of your world, so aluminium hop-ups are difficult to get unless order direct from US..
If you're not jumping it, you probably won't need to replace parts every unless you're smashing into curbs.

If you're not racing, you'll probably only ever adjust the ride height a couple times until you get it set how you like and then never touch it, so threaded bodies are totally overrated for you. The truck comes with different thickness pre-load spacers, so you can definitely adjust it still.

Aluminum parts tend to just make the next part along break, and are generally less durable since they won't bend and bounce back in a crash, they just stay bent.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
LOL, so basically alu parts is to look cool only huh..but definitely i need the bumper as stock bumper is so small...
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:18 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
i prefer t bone racing bumpers they are much tougher and guaranteed for life and are wider than the rpm ones
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
where to get the t bone racing bumpers? I don't think i have it here or rcmart...hmmm..
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
what is the best settings for Rustler pre-load spacers for front and rear shocks?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:26 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
There is no magic "best setting", it all depends on the surface you're driving on, the tires you're running, springs being used and the shock oil being used.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
There is no magic "best setting", it all depends on the surface you're driving on, the tires you're running, springs being used and the shock oil being used.
now everything is stock as just got the new truck..will run road mostly..
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:26 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
In general, suspension settings shouldn't be touched unless you know what the adjustment will do and want what it's going to do. If you're happy with how it's driving don't mess with it.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
i havent adjusted the ride height as of now..perhaps will get the traxxas big bore shocks...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
one question, why is the front wheel hubs is thicker than the rear? i can see that the front wheel hubs does not completely fit into the wheels..
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Unless you're having issues with the stock parts, the big bore shocks are a waste of money IMO.

As for the wheel hub, do you mean the hex (hexagonal piece on the axles)? They're sized to get the width exactly how they want it. Again, wouldn't mess with it, it's like that by design.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
yes the hex piece..then i will get the original size for the aluminium hex hub for front and rear..i understand the rear uses d standard thickness hex hub that most traxxas truck use..they should have made the front arms longer..lol..

on the other hand is the stock plastic hex hubs good enuf instead of aluminium? this truck is damn heavy..lol..

im planing to get the below parts...anything to add?

Traxxas (#3678) Complete Wheelie bar assembly For Electric Stampede, Rustler, Bandit
RPM (#80382) Rear Bearing Carriers for Electric Rustler, Stampede and Bandit
RPM (#80832) Rear Shock Tower for Slash, Electric Stampede, Electric Rustler & Bandit
RPM (#80852) Front Shock Tower for Slash, Elec. & Nitro Stampede, Elec. Rustler & Bandit
RPM (#81162) Wide Front Bumper for the Traxxas Rustler/Stampede/Nitro Sport/Bandit (BK)
RPM (#81262) Heavy Duty Camber Links for the Traxxas Electric Rustler & Stampede
RPM (#80372) Front Bearing Carriers for Electric Rustler, Stampede and Bandit
RPM (#80912) Traxxas Motor Protector (BK)
RPM (#80185) Rear A-arms for the Electric Stampede & Rustler (BU)
RPM (#80245) Heavy Duty Front Arms for Slash, Elec. Stampede & Elec. Rustler (BU)
RPM (#80712) Caster Blocks for Slash, Elec. Stampede and Elec. Rustler
Last edited by leonggyooi; Oct 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:56 AM
Kicked to the curb......
Canada, ON, Richmond Hill
Joined Nov 2011
60 Posts
Wow that is quite the list!

Should be strong as a tank when complete lol

Pics?
lloyd j is offline Find More Posts by lloyd j
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
just one pic..everything still stock as of now.. all the above just rpm parts..no alluminium..

is the slipper cluth pressure plate and slipper rebuild kit necessary as spares? Does is last long?
Last edited by leonggyooi; Oct 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM.