Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:26 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,811 Posts
Help!
[B]New Forum Suggestion[/B]

Hey guys, I've posted a New Forum Suggestion over in the New Forum Suggestion area. From what I understand, we have to have a certain number of people request a new forum for it to be granted. This won't really work, I guess, if the major manufacturers don't sign on, but I'm hoping we can get support from them. I still really enjoy RCU but they CONTINUE to have server issues after their buyout. I wish we could get Bill Baxter (Bax) from Great Planes over here to monitor the engine forum like he does over on RCU. Please chime in and help out if you think this is a good idea. Thanks!

Pat

New Forum Suggestion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Name: Engine Manufacturers Direct Support Forum

Category: Aircraft - Fuel - General

Description: Support forums for various Engine Manufacturers

Justification: Because as far as I know, we don't have this here.
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:33 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,446 Posts
They do have a Vendor category, but I do not know why more vendors or manufacturers haven't used it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/vendors-189/
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Low Wing plane
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:44 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,811 Posts
Wouldn't it seem better to have a subcategory under the engine forum? I guess RCG doesn't do that. Bax answers questions for O.S., Thunder Tiger & SuperTigre. Maybe I'm asking RCG to woo vendors instead of creating forums or sub-forums. LOL
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:04 AM
Joined Feb 2007
2,689 Posts
Being a Moderator over there I have the Engine mfr Support as part of my areas along with Bax. The greatest problem is the same as in any Forum, guys ask the same questions over and over and over rather than do a little reading. Also, i t requires so much moderating because others who are not Mfr. reps chime in and give inaccurate or conflicting advice. Dave Shadel and at least two other YS reps quit because they get tired of saying the same thing over and over.

PS, I left out the fact that it is very time consuming, so to have two places to watch would be a bit much..
I TOBOR is offline Find More Posts by I TOBOR
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:28 AM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,811 Posts
It wouldn't be two places to watch. It would only be one if he came over here, which is why I mentioned (in a different thread I guess) not knowing if there was some sort of contractual obligation to RCU.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:05 AM
Heathkit DX-100 son of Bullet
United States, MI, Marysville
Joined Apr 2010
1,923 Posts
[QUOTE=I TOBOR;22682799]........... Also, i t requires so much moderating because others who are not Mfr. reps chime in and give inaccurate or conflicting advice. ..........QUOTE]

I have seen , on the other site manufacturer's reps giving absolutely incorrect advice or inaccurate statements . It is frustrating indeed when they compound that by "moderating" that information away !
Gary Cee is offline Find More Posts by Gary Cee
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:11 AM
Joined Feb 2007
2,689 Posts
Gary, I,m not being disrespectful here but there are 4, actually 5 of us who monitor that Forum closely and I have not seen the things you're claiming. Been doing it 10 years now.
I TOBOR is offline Find More Posts by I TOBOR
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:30 AM
Heathkit DX-100 son of Bullet
United States, MI, Marysville
Joined Apr 2010
1,923 Posts
Nothing wrong with "conflicting advice , especially when the rep is dead wrong .

I have seen it ,often . The radio forum on the other cite was absolutely ridiculous when one particular "manufacturer's expert" was riding roughshod. Please note , my comment did not refer to the engine forum in particular . It was a general comment .
Just because soemeone is a "manufacturer's rep" doesn't mean they cannot be wrong . It becomes a real waste when they get the automatic upper hand and good info is set aside .

Moderators are in the same camp ...no disrespect of course .
Gary Cee is offline Find More Posts by Gary Cee