HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:31 PM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
P.S. Andy, on a frame that small the coax setup might actually make it slower than just going with 4 motors. The extra weight plus efficiency losses of the coax prop setup is OK on bigger frames for APV but I don't think it's going to be a performance enhancement with all those props so close together in anything other than straight up and FFF if at all. Get it flying and we'll see what it can do...
I hear ya...
Im very curious to see how it handles.
I bet that it will climb out like a rocket !
Maybe i will invent an altitude contest ...just to win it.
crashtested is offline Find More Posts by crashtested
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:34 PM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
415 Posts
Also. About coax efficiency; I have heard that different props for up/down make up alot of theat efficiency. Has anyone else heard/tried this?

Maybe a set of graupners on the bottom, and these dji 9's on top may make up for some loss....

?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:24 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
I've seen a lot of thought on coaxial, but not a lot of hard facts. End of days has quite a number of coaxial multirotors that are very effecient without difference in size or pitch top and bottom.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:19 PM
NewEngland
Joined Oct 2003
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post
Mwahahaha!
Are you sure you didn't build this to lift Nova?
I think if you add any more power it would have a pull start. ha ha

Congrats with the new one..

Dave...
airflap is offline Find More Posts by airflap
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:57 AM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
415 Posts
well... crap.
I have a flyboard 12c to ppm converter for my MK FC, but it seems to be broken in ythe sense that i can not get the jumper to recognize and allow for 8 motor setup...

Anyone have one of these or similar?

http://translate.google.com/translat...voies_v15.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:24 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
I think April 13th will be the date for the next multi fest in Swansea. I do have to check with the land owner to make sure we won't be interfering with any other events. I'm hoping my health holds out... I may need a little help. Let me have some feedback if anyone has a problem with the date.
Thanks guys
see you April 13th or the 20th ( possible rain date ) I have ordered good sunny/calm weather for the event...hope its in stock!
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:38 PM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signguy View Post
I think April 13th will be the date for the next multi fest in Swansea. I do have to check with the land owner to make sure we won't be interfering with any other events. I'm hoping my health holds out... I may need a little help. Let me have some feedback if anyone has a problem with the date.
Thanks guys
see you April 13th or the 20th ( possible rain date ) I have ordered good sunny/calm weather for the event...hope its in stock!
Ok , Date Saved.
I am going to try and make myself available extensively prior to the meet.
I would love to meet there before to talk setup anytime sooner even.

I am so close, i can help with whatever setup i can including RACE course testing...!
May have to get a head start on Ken to have a chance...

Im thinking of building some PVC pylons also.
10' stock pipe with a large plywood base, sandbagged...
we can try some straight up FPV pylon racing... even do two person races if we can organize video frequencies... ...?

Any of you N.E.R.D's can reach me with needs or ideas:
andytrench@gmail.com
401-523-3696
(im usually up until about 2am... usually awake with kids at about 7am... so anytime!)

Also... if anyone thinks MRR has a serious future... i am going to start allocating funds to possible PRIZES for season, or even meet winners in racing to up the ante for people to push their fpv ships towards the end of the season. what would you think about that? At some point im sure i could pull sponsors once videos start spreading after race frequency builds around the country.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:14 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post
Ok , Date Saved.
I am going to try and make myself available extensively prior to the meet.
I would love to meet there before to talk setup anytime sooner even.

I am so close, i can help with whatever setup i can including RACE course testing...!
May have to get a head start on Ken to have a chance...

Im thinking of building some PVC pylons also.
10' stock pipe with a large plywood base, sandbagged...
we can try some straight up FPV pylon racing... even do two person races if we can organize video frequencies... ...?

Any of you N.E.R.D's can reach me with needs or ideas:
andytrench@gmail.com
401-523-3696
(im usually up until about 2am... usually awake with kids at about 7am... so anytime!)

Also... if anyone thinks MRR has a serious future... i am going to start allocating funds to possible PRIZES for season, or even meet winners in racing to up the ante for people to push their fpv ships towards the end of the season. what would you think about that? At some point im sure i could pull sponsors once videos start spreading after race frequency builds around the country.
Thanks Andy
Its going to be here shortly, and I think there is going to be some setup required. Ken is going to be tough, but Boris (man1024) is going to be the one to beat. He only flies FPV, no LOS...
I was thinking of pool noodles, with short dowels or re-bar stuck in the ground. It would be easier on video equipment than PVC. We could even join 2-3 together to make an arch to fly through.
Flew an old tricopter today for the first time in about 2 years, It may be my racer. I'm going to cut the arms shorter and install smaller props. I was surprised at the power it had.
I also made a cable to allow my transmitter module to be placed remotely....like on the roof of my car. Now just need to make a harness for the 13"TV and video receiver to run from the cars cigarett lighter and I'm all set. I'll have to make a big helipad H for the hood of the Subaru !
Thanks

BobD
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:22 PM
Joined Jul 2012
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signguy View Post
Thanks guys
I'm going to have to sit this one out. I need to be at a wedding on the 13th and I have a rehearsal and concert on the 20th.

Maybe I could go uhf and compete from out of state!

TB
tombrown1 is offline Find More Posts by tombrown1
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:29 PM
Joined Nov 2011
104 Posts
Sounds good. Both 13th and 20th work with me.
Eugene.
tsbanking is offline Find More Posts by tsbanking
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:11 AM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
How does the 6th and 13th work out as primary and rain dates? Don't want to leave anyone out if possible. The 27th is out for me.. Daughters birthday. Let me know and I'll start a new thread with all the info.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:31 AM
Joined Nov 2011
104 Posts
Works fine for me.
tsbanking is offline Find More Posts by tsbanking
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:50 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,316 Posts
Too far out for me to plan with business travel. I'll know better in the middle of March.

-Tim
troynh is offline Find More Posts by troynh
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:05 AM
Joined Jul 2012
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynh View Post
Too far out for me to plan with business travel. I'll know better in the middle of March.

-Tim
6th is still uncertain for me.
tombrown1 is offline Find More Posts by tombrown1
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:28 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
here is some quick practice fpv "racing" tried the old tricopter first...
fpv tricopter (1 min 2 sec)
Closed Thread