HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Nov 2011
104 Posts
@crashtested
Do you install dimmers at all? Theres a diy thing, but i'd rather buy it. Was wondering if you know where I can buy one?
Eugene.
tsbanking is offline Find More Posts by tsbanking
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:32 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post
Ken, I'll try and get my beater up and running for some cold weather challenge after Xmas.
Just got my layerlens(multiple)... Gonna need em I think..
If the weather cooperates it would be nice to get out for a couple hours of flying, considering its raining cats and dogs right now looks like that won't happen soon. At least it isn't snow...

If you don't get your beater in the air I have plenty of quads sitting around here. I'm sure I could come up with something for you to fly FPV, just bring your own goggles or monitor and I have the rest including the vRX and my old DX7 I can bind it to.

Ken
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:42 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,316 Posts
Elf on a Hex - 12-23-2012 (2 min 54 sec)
troynh is offline Find More Posts by troynh
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:21 AM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,921 Posts
That video sure made my day !

Merry Christmas and good "elf" to everyone.
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:09 PM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
415 Posts
STAY TUNED RACE FANS !!!

www.MultiRotorRacing.com

Edit:
and...
http://www.facebook.com/MultiRotorRacing
post some videos ! Lets get this sport "off the ground" !

I should be developing the blog on multirtorracing.com soon.
Attempting a new wordpress theme now.

edit 2:
wordpress theme is up... still tweaking obviously, but the forum is up!
crashtested is offline Find More Posts by crashtested
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by crashtested; Jan 01, 2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:11 PM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
415 Posts
oh yea, and my AP site is almost done...

www.ZoomVideo.net
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:58 PM
Joined Jul 2012
446 Posts
Here is my first attempt at ultra-low-budget fpv. 160mah lipo connected to a 5v up-voltage regulator connected to a 2.4ghz camera/vtx. Total weight is 24 grams. This velcroes to the bottom of my MQX. No noticeable interference with the 2.4 rc tx. Haven't tested range yet - but it looks great at about 20 feet.

Doesn't fly too well - I need to find a good cog. I also have some different props on the way that should help. The fov on the camera is pretty small - but it should work if I can get the thing flying smoothly.

TB
tombrown1 is offline Find More Posts by tombrown1
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:07 PM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
415 Posts
Cool.
Lets see some video!

About to get my micro FPV going with a knockoff y6 from skullcopter.

Then it's micro FPV indoor racing...
[Can you tell I have racing on the brain? I'm not even that great a FPV pilot , I'm just dying to see the outcome of MRR!]
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by crashtested; Jan 03, 2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:41 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
I took advantage of a small window of opportunity this morning to get some practice in, here's the last flight of the day before it got too windy...

Januaryfpv (8 min 29 sec)

Ken
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
I took advantage of a small window of opportunity this morning to get some practice in, here's the last flight of the day before it got too windy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ZrY3Pgo5k

Ken
Ohhhh nooooo.......!!!! Hope that flip at the end didn't screw anything up.

Nice flying! You were really testing the limits through the woods.

What is that? Naza and GoPro?
tombrown1 is offline Find More Posts by tombrown1
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:41 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrown1 View Post
Ohhhh nooooo.......!!!! Hope that flip at the end didn't screw anything up.

Nice flying! You were really testing the limits through the woods.

What is that? Naza and GoPro?
No damage from the little oops other than packing between the frame plates with snow. If you watch my position carefully as the video slows down you'll see a black object fall in an arc to the right, that was the tripod with the video RX on it getting blown over by a gust of wind, yanked the goggles down over my nose and before I could even react the Disco was in the snow, good thing it was only a couple feet off the ground at the time.

The quad in the vid is my high performance TBS Discovery and this one is currently flying with Naza and GPS. My other Discovery I just converted over to a Quadrino for the flight controller, flew it one flight today which was enough to figure out that the Quadrino needs more tuning and the DJI motors are too anemic for it to fly well, still a work in progress.

I just built an F330 version of the discovery on some frame plates I cut myself, flew that too and it did well until the GoPro fell off on flight #2 which ended that flight quickly as well since I was using the GoPro as the FPV cam

The morning ended with no damage to any of the quads but a couple that needed to be thawed and dried out!

Ken
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:49 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,415 Posts
That was enjoyable to watch. Thank you. I just got my first FPV setup. I figured I'll probably stay close while I learn. I bought my setup from ReadyMadeRC. I got the 900 MHZ set. Came with everything but the monitor. Hope to try it out tomorrow. Thanks again for the video.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: T-38 Talon
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:37 AM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
415 Posts
Hi all.
I'm looking for inspiration for a "team name" As we enter the first of what I think will be many seasons of multi rotor racing.
Bob, you get first crack at a name, since the group meeting is your doing and this whole thing is your fault!

I'm going to develope the MRR site as long as the group feels that there is a need beyond the walls of rcg to organize and grow on its own. I'm hoping you will all give it a shot and join the discussion over there as well as here. If we make it work, we will be on the very front of an emerging aspect of the hobby and I think it will be very rewarding and fun as hell!

Thee are a few other site popping up and some other group in New England even... I've contacted someone from that group and in hoping we can all meet and make a strong showing for the northeast...
When it comes to national racing!

I may not be the fastest bird in the flock, but I'm going to have fun trying!
Ken has been able to give some input on the site, and has certainly shown he will be a main contender come race day. Lets see some more video! I'll be posting some soon as my discovery frame is doing quite well, bit I have something up my sleeve that may prove to be quite worthy...Mwahaha!

The site should receive some updates In the very near future and I'm really open to feedback as it developes.

Www.multirotorracing.com
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:33 PM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
415 Posts
my proposal for "the baseball course"

http://multirotorracing.com/wordpres...seball-course/
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:44 PM