HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by osculant, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:09 PM
United States, WI, Hartland
Joined Aug 2012
20 Posts
Discussion
Well, that was dumb.

So, I went and did something stupid today. I just received a replacement T380 quadrotor (bad FC) and had it all dialed in and decided to get some sunset shots. I launched with GoPro2 on board and went up about 100' or so and started venturing a little far but still well within LOS. At some point something, what I do not know, possessed me to do a yaw spin. And that's when I lost orientation.
I had my FrSky reciever on board, and while I was searching I seemed to be able to pick up RSSI for a brief moment on my FrSky display, so I have hope it might have survived the, oh 90 foot or higher fall it may have taken. Oh, when I mentioned that I had it dialed in, I had not set a failsafe...

I was flying over cornfields mostly...and they have not been harvested yet. I looked around as much as I could, but couldn't find anyone home to ask for permission to do a real through search.

I'm not really sure what to do here. I have already printed up flyers and left them at the 4 properties it likely could have landed in. I remember where I was and where in the sky the quad was when it lost signal, but I don't know altitude so I cant really triangulate that way. I will search till my feet fall off if I can, but the cornfields are daunting. I can only hope that whoever finds the GoPro can figure out how to watch the contents, and might be able to retrace my steps and bring it back to my buddies house.

Any advice? I'm bummin pretty bad here. Many lessons learned here about overconfidence, and not writing my phone number on my aircraft. In all I lost a quad, battery, GoPro, and FrSky Rx. Quite a setback. Luckily, I will be completing an H quad build shortly, and have a hex on the way...but I'll need at least another Rx. And a new GoPro
osculant is offline Find More Posts by osculant
to remove ads between posts