HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:40 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneButcher View Post
I run a Turnigy AE-45A. Both the Omega 130 and Hengli 850KV pull about 50 peak amps with a Xoar PJN 14x7. I only run full throttle for short bursts and have had no problems with them.
My Hengli went great, but I omitted the rear colar, and I think that accounts for me ruining the bearings, plus, my throttle stick did not stay in the rearward position for too long! It certainly is a fun machine. I may have a crack at installing new bearings, but in the meantime, I'm putting back my lighter dualsky and going for lazy summer day floatiness
uptime4downtime is online now Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying time again
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:21 PM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
My Hengli went great, but I omitted the rear colar, and I think that accounts for me ruining the bearings, plus, my throttle stick did not stay in the rearward position for too long! It certainly is a fun machine. I may have a crack at installing new bearings, but in the meantime, I'm putting back my lighter dualsky and going for lazy summer day floatiness

See if you can find a SunnySky 2820 / 920kv, really nice motor for this airframe. I use it on this as well as my balsa 3DHS 48" edge with 3s 40c 2200, plenty of power.
I am sure there are some sellers of this around your neck of the planet.
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=188
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:09 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,271 Posts
Maidened, nose heavy in a 15 mph crosswind. Scary! Landed fast and waited for the wind to calm down. Moved battery back, wind died a bit, next flight was great. Very fine, very fun aircraft. Next flight, moved the battery back a bit more, now an inch away from the spar tube, perfect, amazing! So awesome! Editing video now.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Oct 2012
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
So far only 3 flights on my Hengli so I won't know for a while if they last. I did put the collar though. I fly my stuff pretty hard but not quite as hard as the video I saw you post.
PlaneButcher is offline Find More Posts by PlaneButcher
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
473 Posts
What is the best way to pull the canopy off? I feel like i'm gonna rip it to pieces when I remove it.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:43 PM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
snaped a few pics of Pops flying my edge yesterday.
great time!

STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:17 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,271 Posts
Quote:
What is the best way to pull the canopy off? I feel like i'm gonna rip it to pieces when I remove it.
There is a foam brace a few inches from the rear of the canopy. You can feel it in there. Squeeze there and pull up.

Those pics look great.

Video uploading now.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:36 PM
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2012
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
snaped a few pics of Pops flying my edge yesterday.
great time!

Nice shots, Stang!
VR Eyedoc is offline Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:43 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Do have the little ply tip on the top of the canopy? Grab that and pull up and back a bit.

If you think the magnets are too strong (they can vary quite a bit) you can add a layer of tape over one side which will soften them just a bit. You could soften as many as you need. That's what I did to my wing magnets, and I can now remove the wings without damaging anything.
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:43 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,271 Posts
1080p goodness. Embiggen and enjoy!

Skywing 48 Edge in the wind at Peeler Park (3 min 31 sec)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:44 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
See if you can find a SunnySky 2820 / 920kv, really nice motor for this airframe. I use it on this as well as my balsa 3DHS 48" edge with 3s 40c 2200, plenty of power.
I am sure there are some sellers of this around your neck of the planet.
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=188
Thanks. I do like that look of that motor. I notice the 800KV model, but perhaps a little low KV? I saw this: http://wattaplane.wordpress.com/2012...h-a-3s-set-up/
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Oct 2012
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
There is a foam brace a few inches from the rear of the canopy. You can feel it in there. Squeeze there and pull up.

Those pics look great.

Video uploading now.
Thanx
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:31 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,061 Posts
Yeah, those are some very nice images. Nice work there!

Great video too SD!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Oct 2012
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Do have the little ply tip on the top of the canopy? Grab that and pull up and back a bit.

If you think the magnets are too strong (they can vary quite a bit) you can add a layer of tape over one side which will soften them just a bit. You could soften as many as you need. That's what I did to my wing magnets, and I can now remove the wings without damaging anything.
There is no tab on the top but I am thinking of adding one. I might have to add some tape. Thanks for the tip.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
1080p goodness. Embiggen and enjoy!

http://youtu.be/OnUswRi1Yrc
Great video SD! Wish I could have made it today to get some long needed stick time and to meet the random Amish guy that hangs at that field. Unfortunately an indoor soccer tournament was on my agenda already.
docbrew is offline Find More Posts by docbrew