SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RCTutz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Sep 2012
16 Posts
Cool
REVIEW: Dynam Sonic 185 Electric Sailplane.

Hi!
Before I start with the review, I want to say that I have owned a Sonic 185 before, but i recently bought another one because it just is a really good plane.
When I made this review, I had flown this plane before, so I know it has some sand on it.
Okay, here we go.

The Sonic 185 by Dynam (ParkFun) is an electric sailplane with a 200 Watt brushless motor, which is strong enough to climb vertically.
You get a 1800mAh 3S LiPo battery and charger with it, which gives you about 20 minutes of flight time on 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.
With 1/4 throttle, it cruises nice, any more power will make the plane climb.
It has 4 Channel's, and its available in ARF and RTF, with RTF you get a 4 Channel 72Mhz transmitter and receiver (ParkFun) without extra options, and the newer version comes with a 2,4Ghz transmitter and receiver (Dynam), with a turning knob and a switch.
By moving the turning knob, you can adjust how far the control surfaces can move.
The switch is to turn the motor on and off, so when you flip the switch when you are way up high, you won't be able to start the motor by accident when you use your rudder. If you want to turn your motor on again, just flip the switch.
It has a nice folding prop, so when you turn the engine off, you won't have much wind resistance.
It has a wingspan of 185mm and it's made out of crash resistant foam.
The weight is about 1Kg when it's Ready to Fly.
Thermaling isn't very bad, if it would have ailerons and airbrakes, it would be a great glider.
It isn't very hard to fly, so it makes a great plane for beginners and for more skilled glider pilots.
Putting it together takes about 5 minutes and isn't hard to do.
Sonic 185 REVIEW! (2 min 52 sec)

If you have any other questions, put a comment down below.

Thanks for reading my review.
Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel, RCTutz.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RCTutz
Greetz,
Gert Jan
RCTutz is offline Find More Posts by RCTutz
Last edited by RCTutz; Sep 07, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts