Shaun,
Banjofrog is online now Find More Posts by Banjofrog
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:24 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,418 Posts
Only got one flight in today and a 30 knot sea breeze came in early but here is a warning........... CHECK YOUR SPINNER.......... after my one flight of 10 min of throwing "LB" around the sky and a greased landing I was taxiing back to the pits and the prop flung off "what the" walked over and the spinner had come off, I got lucky on two counts 1. Did not come off in flight 2. I found the spinner I did know this was a potential problem as I had used the wife's nail polish on the thread as a thread locker, so I may try CA but that will be a final resort.
I know I had said it before but this is one fun plane to fly and is great value for dollar

Shaun,
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:29 AM
Getting good at foam repair
Australia, QLD, Surfers Paradise
Joined Aug 2012
244 Posts
Hmmm great advice. I tightened my spinner up big time with pliers but may go for a thin CA solution.

I've been flying LB really low a lot and don't want to make any sudden dead stick landings!
GTrain is offline Find More Posts by GTrain
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:24 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
961 Posts
I got to maiden my LB yesterday. I had a heck of a time getting it off the ground at first. I have been flying a lot of foam 3d planes and had set expo on my rx before I really tried him out. Once I lowered that a good bit, He was off and flying very well. A touch of trim and he was buzzing around like nobody's business. Flew very well. Takeoffs and landings were nice, even on the bumpy grass. I had a little nose over at the end of the taxiiing, but as bumpy as the field was where I was flying, I kind of expected it. A great plane that I can't wait to fly again! Thanks to this thread, I'm glad I made the purchase!

You guys said you're getting about 10 min on a 2200 pack, correct?
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:33 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,418 Posts
Congrats on your maiden yep that's correct 10 minutes, 12 is possible but you are getting close to lvc.

Shaun.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:38 AM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
961 Posts
Thanks man. I flew about 6 or 7, just because I had nervouse thumbs, being the maiden and all... lol. I hadn't got to really look at what I put back in the pack yet though.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:03 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,541 Posts
Durafly Photo Competition

Have you seen the Durafly Photo Competition that HK have launched?

Get your photos together of your Durafly model and post them to have the chance to win a Durafly model of your choice. One each month!

Read the terms and conditions and start sharing your photos.

Good luck!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...photo_comp.asp
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:25 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,739 Posts
Subbed....

Darn it! I'm gonna have to file for bankruptcy 'cuz all these fine models coming out !
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:05 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,418 Posts
Yep join the line, it starts behind me

Shaun.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:48 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,739 Posts
Pulled the trigger last night right before going to bed...helps you sleep better knowing that the decision's been made and now all you're doing is waiting for the little box of joy to show up on your doorstep...
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:50 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,541 Posts
Yeh I have been considering this one for a while now......just got too much FPV build expenses going on right now.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:20 AM
Parkfly Padawan
Joined Aug 2011
961 Posts
I love mine.... However, had a little radio snafu recently which launched my model into my foot and my trailer hitch. Loosened the motor, broke a prop, and go a nice gash in my big toe. I've gotten everything glued back in place, but just hope it will still fly as good as it did before. Waiting new receivers for the new radio and will be able to get it airborne again.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:00 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Mar 2012
336 Posts
I was on HK buying some spares for my auto G, and put one of these in the cart. In the end I removed it and bought the ARF 40" DHC-2 Beaver. Might get one of these in the new year.
Spudz27 is offline Find More Posts by Spudz27
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Jun 2011
17 Posts
ESC woes

Just got my Monocoupe yesterday and it's a very nice looking plane. Like most everyone that has already posted I have minimal complaints and am quite satisfied with the quality and fitment of components.

However, as there is most always a hitch or two in this hobby, my ESC decided to give me some grief when I got around to testing it. Everything powered up as expected with the typical battery type and brake selection tones. The receiver and servos had power and everything worked... until I tried to run up the motor. As I pushed the throttle forward there was the unwelcome sound of a stuttering/stalled motor.

First thought was the ESC timing was incorrectly set from the factory but not having a manual I thought I might get lucky and tried the typical throttle calibration procedure of TX at full throttle, then plugging in the flight battery, wait for 2 beeps and then pulling down to low stick and listening for another confirmation beep to allow the ESC to learn the range. As expected, no luck, still no motor rotation. After a quick search online I found the proper programming procedure for the ESC. After spending a few very annoying minutes sitting through various tones and moving the throttle stick around a bit I had finally reprogrammed my ESC to my liking and the motor now functions perfectly.

After adjusting the timing setting and getting the motor to finally run I discovered that the brake was also turned ON from the factory... makes you wonder who's playing with these things before they send them out. Maybe that's what takes them so long to get here.

Factory defaults are supposed to be...

Brake: OFF
Battery type Detect: LiPo with Automatic Cell
Low voltage Cutoff threshold: Medium (3.0V/60%)
Timing Setup: Automatic
Soft Acceleration Start Up: Soft Acceleration
Governor Mode : RPM OFF
Frequency : 8kHz
Low Voltage Cutoff T ype: Reduce power

The ESC is made by Shenzhen ZTW-Model Science & Technology Co., Ltd.

Type: A-ZTW30A BEC

PN#Model: ZTW12030

I hope this helps out anyone else that may have issues with these ESC's in the future.
Hell_Cat is offline Find More Posts by Hell_Cat
Last edited by Hell_Cat; Nov 30, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:57 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,418 Posts
Double check that all the motor wires are plugged in properly, it sounds like a phase drop, the sound is a grouchy sound and the motor stutters badly, if it still happens then get yourself another 35 amp esc, but my bet is the motor wires.

Shaun.