Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:16 PM
Bill
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Not sure what the problem is with your set up FunX. I have the Version 2 but with the same 3329 GPS. The GPS RX and TX labels were reversed on mine. Have you tried MultiWiiGUI? I see you tried DEV R1240, how about release 2.1? My setup is pretty much stock 2.1 and I get 9-10 sats with the Quad sitting on my office desk (~8ft from window). Maybe someone could upload their working config.h for the Version 1. Mine came GPS preloaded by WiteSpy (Thank You) but I wish there were a way for Arduino to download the config.h to computer. Good Luck.
HiFlyer371 is offline Find More Posts by HiFlyer371
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:42 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
I have the same issue. Instead my GPS light doesn't stay on it flashes red a few times a second (led1). Also i have led2 flashing orange at the same speed. I have tried all the same settings and have left it for a few hours, still 0 gps in the software.

When I tried megapirate ng it said 'no gps' in mission planner on the main screen.

I have white to rx2, yellow to tx2. Should I just try reversing them?
LegendLength is offline Find More Posts by LegendLength
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:03 PM
Bill
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLength View Post
I have the same issue. Instead my GPS light doesn't stay on it flashes red a few times a second (led1). Also i have led2 flashing orange at the same speed. I have tried all the same settings and have left it for a few hours, still 0 gps in the software.

When I tried megapirate ng it said 'no gps' in mission planner on the main screen.

I have white to rx2, yellow to tx2. Should I just try reversing them?

You will not hurt anything if you reverse the RX & TX (yellow and white) wires.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer371 View Post
Not sure what the problem is with your set up FunX. I have the Version 2 but with the same 3329 GPS. The GPS RX and TX labels were reversed on mine. Have you tried MultiWiiGUI? I see you tried DEV R1240, how about release 2.1? My setup is pretty much stock 2.1 and I get 9-10 sats with the Quad sitting on my office desk (~8ft from window). Maybe someone could upload their working config.h for the Version 1. Mine came GPS preloaded by WiteSpy (Thank You) but I wish there were a way for Arduino to download the config.h to computer. Good Luck.
Hi, I got it working after following this post. A big thank you to the forum members for their support and in particular majik01 for the answer Next step will trying it out (anyone actually use Turnigy Plush on this board or is everyone using reflashed simonK ECSs? I'm just too lazy for the moment to reflash my F-30A ESCs and have some old Plush I was using on a KK board.)

Cheers,
Eric
funx is offline Find More Posts by funx
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:45 PM
Bill
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funx View Post
Hi, I got it working after following this post. A big thank you to the forum members for their support and in particular majik01 for the answer Next step will trying it out (anyone actually use Turnigy Plush on this board or is everyone using reflashed simonK ECSs? I'm just too lazy for the moment to reflash my F-30A ESCs and have some old Plush I was using on a KK board.)

Cheers,
Eric
Yes on the Turnigy Plush 30 Amp. I'm still in the process of tweaking mine. Altitude Hold is +/- 3 to 6 feet and Position Hold 6 to 10 feet. Return to Home failed when I tried it, not sure why. Besides the Turnigy Plush 30's I am using NTM Prop Drive 2826-1200kv motors and 9X4.7 props on a F450 Flame Wheel.
Not too bad at 1/5 the cost of my Naza.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Dec 2012
77 Posts
hi,
i am totaly new with arduino board and i bought this board the Multiwii Pro v2.1 with MTK GPS module QUADP
I plug it to my computer ( win 7 64 ) with the usb cable and after installed the silicon Labs driver, the board is recognize by the computer.
Then i download MultiwiiGUI and i plugged the board with the usb cable.
It appears to work great, i mean the program recognize the board and if i move it i saw the variations on the program, BUT
the problem is its configured for QUAD and i have a Hexa X.

So what i want to do is to open the firmware that is on the card right now and change the #//Quad to #//hexa x but even with Arduino 1.0.2 i can't open the source code from the board.
i just want to open eat replace some code ( hexa and enable GPS ) and send it to the board, but i can't do that.

Somebody can help me ?? how to open it ?
Thank you very much

Sorry for this crap english but i am from france.
Before i had a KK2 board much much easy to configure but no GPS
7subaru4 is offline Find More Posts by 7subaru4
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:52 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7subaru4 View Post
So what i want to do is to open the firmware that is on the card right now and change the #//Quad to #//hexa x but even with Arduino 1.0.2 i can't open the source code from the board.
i just want to open eat replace some code ( hexa and enable GPS ) and send it to the board, but i can't do that.
You can't read the source code back from the board. You'll need to download the multiwii source code ( http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list ) and then open it in arduino. Then change the board type to hex etc in the source code. The validate and upload it to the flight control board.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:15 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
You will not hurt anything if you reverse the RX & TX (yellow and white) wires.
Thanks that fixed it.

Just a note for anyone with the same issue. When you load up multi wii conf you can see the GPS_fix button flash red in the GUI if the TX and RX wires are correct. Otherwise it doesn't flash at all and stays gray.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:07 PM
Bill
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
I'm have a problem with my GPS.
Winds today were about 10 MPH from the South.
Position Hold mostly works. The Quad orbited the spot in about a 10 foot circle.
When I selected Return to Home (when due North of me) the Quad started flying slowly to the South East. Any ideas? This is my first Wii and I love the cost compared to my Naza.

F450 Flame Wheel, NTM Prop Drive 2628-1200kv, 9X4.7 props.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:51 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
Position Hold mostly works. The Quad orbited the spot in about a 10 foot circle.
When I selected Return to Home (when due North of me) the Quad started flying slowly to the South East. Any ideas?
It's probably no help but instead of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram
in config.h make these changes

#else
#define CONFIG_IMU_TYPE CONFIG_IMU_PIRATES
//#define MAG_ORIENTATION ROTATION_YAW_180
#define MAG_ORIENTATION ROTATION_YAW_270
#endif
from http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...11&postcount=1

I had to use 180 instead of 270 otherwise it showed up 90 degrees out in mission planner (MPNG 2.7 R4). Also I was using CONFIG_IMU_FFV4 (not the exact name) on a witespy board.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLength View Post
Thanks that fixed it.

Just a note for anyone with the same issue. When you load up multi wii conf you can see the GPS_fix button flash red in the GUI if the TX and RX wires are correct. Otherwise it doesn't flash at all and stays gray.
Try using WinGUI 2.1 - a properly working GPS would be blinking red/green in the "real time" tab.

In the "maps" tab, you will see where you are and your multirotor as well in relation to your location. If your orientation is not correct, you can also see that. If your model is not physically located according to where it is suppose to be on the map, expect a lot of drifting as the model tries to compensate for the disconnect.

Read up on EOSBandi write up on GPS enabling at the HK Files section. He mentions something called magnetic declination. If that's not inputted correctly for your location in the sketch, your model will self-correct/search by moving in ever widening circles above you. Could result to a crash if not corrected - I had two very bad ones.

Now about configuring via wireless - with the BT module you can remotely connect up to 50 feet - fine for mag and accel calibration. With the APC-220, you can remotely connect for several hundred feet - great for real time telemetry of your model with a laptop - not that you could look at the screen and fly at the same time of course.
majik01 is offline Find More Posts by majik01
Last edited by majik01; Dec 02, 2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
When I selected Return to Home (when due North of me) the Quad started flying slowly to the South East. Any ideas? This is my first Wii and I love the cost compared to my Naza.

F450 Flame Wheel, NTM Prop Drive 2628-1200kv, 9X4.7 props.
HiFlyer ... input your magnetic declination in the sketch - very important. Read the write up of EOSBandi's on GPS configuration at the HK files section for this board - it is in depth but would give your a very good idea of the logic behind the MWC codes ( why it flies back tail first versus head first...).

I am surprised you are not experiencing gitters and unstable flight with the use of the F450 Flame Wheel. I have to dumb down my PID and use low pass filters when I use the F450 frame - something about the 450 booms that my MWC boards do not like at stock PID and default low pass filter settings. Hmmm excess vibration could also be one of your problems now that I think about it ....
majik01 is offline Find More Posts by majik01
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:23 PM
Bill
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik01 View Post
HiFlyer ... input your magnetic declination in the sketch - very important. Read the write up of EOSBandi's on GPS configuration at the HK files section for this board - it is in depth but would give your a very good idea of the logic behind the MWC codes ( why it flies back tail first versus head first...).

I am surprised you are not experiencing gitters and unstable flight with the use of the F450 Flame Wheel. I have to dumb down my PID and use low pass filters when I use the F450 frame - something about the 450 booms that my MWC boards do not like at stock PID and default low pass filter settings. Hmmm excess vibration could also be one of your problems now that I think about it ....
The Mag Dec was set to Zero. I downloaded WiteSpy's config.h and reflashed putting in Omaha's 3.17 Mag Dec (East). Will try a flight this evening. I have had good luck with the F450 frame, 1200kv motor and 9X4.7 props. It was a dog with 8" props and I never tried 10". The PID's are near default. Very stable but GPS needs work. I have a set of 750kv motors on the way from HK USA. My Naza is on a homebuilt 525mm carbon fiber & 1/8" plywood frame. It flies extremely well with 750kv and 10" props.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Aug 2004
281 Posts
Im new to this hobby but I do fly helicopters some(trex 450 clone)...not much but some. Anyway I ordered a scarab QUAD X stealth carbon armour v2.2....It was a package deal and I only realize after I ordered it that the control board was not included.....So I started searching for a board to use with the scarab that would get to me before I finish the build.....I found this board on the web at witespy......The price look good......So I ordered it.(luck) I finish the build.... setup the board and to my amazement it flew......It was just a short flight but man it flew like a heli but much more smooth and stable.....Have not tried auto level mode yet.... just taking things slow........One question....is it nessary to let the gyros on the board adjust to the temperature like the heli gyros.
strong is offline Find More Posts by strong
Last edited by strong; Dec 06, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:32 PM
Bill
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong View Post
One question....is it nessary to let the gyros on the board adjust to the temperature like the heli gyros.
Congratulations on your success!
Yes, you should let the Quad come to ambient temperature (or close to it) before takeoff. I notice that stability is impaired if I go straight from the house to the yard and start flying on a cold day. Three to five minutes seems to be enough time for a local flight. If I were going any distance, as in FPV I would wait at least 10 minutes then plug the battery in. Of course I'm talking about differences in temp of 25 to 40 degrees. Less might not matter as much.
Last edited by HiFlyer371; Dec 06, 2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: spelling