HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:32 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
Help!
Siren - Power System That Won't Break My Wallet (and PO My Wife)

Picking up a Siren tomorrow. Need a good power system that's not too hot and not cold. This is my first warmliner.

Will be mating it to an E-Flite 80-Amp Pro ESC. Will initially fly on 3S and 4S 1P batteries. Want the motor to be readily available in the US, and not some exotic European one.

Any recommendations?
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:44 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,899 Posts
I hope you like your Siren.

Hopefully others will chime in with their suggestions, but for starters, check my blog on the Siren. Lots of info therein.

Also check the Siren thread in this forum. A few guys who like direct drive are going with the MVVS "Redline." You can check it out at Esprit Models:

http://www.espritmodel.com/mvvs-46-5...ess-motor.aspx

If you go much over 500W you'll want to put in a new firewall made from fiberglass or aircraft plywood (not lite ply).

Tim
KRProton is offline Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member