SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:52 PM
Utah, USA
Joined Jun 2007
607 Posts
Discussion
Soar Utah at the Sept. 18 IMSF mtg

Mike's aerotow YouTube video link reminded me that I need to give everyone a head's up for the September meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 18.

I would like anyone involved with Soar Utah as a spectator, helper, or participant to give their thoughts. Kind of a go-around-the-room "Hi, my name is Scott and this is what I thought of Soar Utah 2012..." type thing. You can pass if the thought of doing this is too scary to contemplate.

I would also like you to collect any photos and/or videos you took during Soar Utah and do one of the following:
Send them to me so I can get them preloaded on my laptop and make sure they work.
Burn a CD or DVD and bring it to the meeting. Make sure it works for you!
Put them on a flash drive and bring it to the meeting. Again, make sure the files work on the drive.

All photos should be JPEG format or made into a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation/slide show
Videos can be QuickTime, MOV, WMV, or standard DVD, or YouTube accessible
If you can check any of the above on a computer other than the one you usually use, that would be nice. If it won't run on my Mac, which all of the above will, I won't be spending a lot of time troubleshooting it.
My Yahoo account, shinck at yahoo.com, says it can handle 25MB of attachments. Zipped files are fine.

Another reminder of the meeting will be sent out next week.
I will be out of town for about a week but will still have Internet access to receive files or answer questions.

Scott
shinck is online now Find More Posts by shinck
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:50 AM
Utah, USA
Joined Jun 2007
607 Posts
Video projector needed

As I am retired I no longer have access to some cool technology at school.
Is there anyone that could bring a video projector (and maybe a screen?) so we can show the photos and videos of Soar Utah at a larger size? The only connection required on the projector would be VGA in. If you have a laptop, Mac or Windows, and a VGA cable that would really be deluxe. Otherwise I will make things work as I can.

Scott
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:23 PM
Great, kid! Don't get Cocky!
Joined Sep 2006
518 Posts
Hey Scott:

Could you post the links to the Aerotow videos? I couldn't find them - thanks!

Solo
HahnSolo is offline Find More Posts by HahnSolo
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:23 AM
Utah, USA
Joined Jun 2007
607 Posts
The easiest way to get them is from the IMSF Yahoo! Groups page. Here is the link to that.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SilentFlyers/

Go to Messages.
They are some of the most recent messages from Mike Gibson.

Scott
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:43 AM
Ogden, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2000
193 Posts
Did anyone get pictures or video from Point of the Mountain that they could post?
SteveB is offline Find More Posts by SteveB