HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Barney Boy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:45 AM
into the wild blue yonder
United States, OR, Dundee
Joined Dec 2010
662 Posts
Discussion
F-22 Drone Droper

Just a quick update: I made a mod to the F-22, my wife found some mini foam jet planes and picked me up a few. They sat on my bench for weekes and one morning BINGO it hit me..hook em up and drop them off the F-22. To make a long story short, it was a hit I took them to the field and everyone loved them. The kids had a blast chasing them down and everone else loved to watch them glide down. I added a mini servo hooked up to a switch with a home made "claw" to hold a eyelet on the mini. I got the Idea from the robot guys. works great I am taking it with me to the HuckFest in Wa. this weekend...
Barney Boy is online now Find More Posts by Barney Boy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FAA do and don't
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:35 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,515 Posts
What store did you find them at?
rcrich is online now Find More Posts by rcrich
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: flying penguin
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:06 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Great idea man! How far do they glide? Do you have any videos of them?
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Dec 2010
662 Posts
My wife picked them up at a tourest shop at the beach. so I am not sure, to answer your question.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Dec 2010
662 Posts
They glide great first when I relase it it is kinda radical, but then it glides nice, it goes in a nice sweeping circle. I can drop from very high if I want, it's kinda hard to see when too high. I might add a little tail to it to help see it and slow it down as well.
RCG Plus Member