SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:54 AM
Hoppers Crossing Vic. Australia
Joined Nov 2002
1,548 Posts
Discussion
3D Printer and Roland Engraver for model use - Peter Rake plans

I have finally found the ideal way to get back into modeling, I'm running a Year 10 class on Electronics and Wooden Model Aircraft.

I have a Rapman 3D printer that I can use to produce parts such as cowls, wheels brackets etc, whatever we can draw. Also the engraver will allow me to cut all the wooden parts.

Will have to look through my Rake plans and give one a go. (have to cover my Crackerjack which has been framed up for over 12 months now)

Have a look at the conversion we are doing in that forum. A Boomerang 60 with a big OS electric and full telemetry, camera and buddy box trainer setup.

Also looking at gettin a fullsize Savage Cub to teach our students to fly (1 to 1 scale, might get my own PPL on it.)

I'll have to find a plan and build an electric model of it.

Good to get back into it again as I have not been able to for ages.
BennyLaird is offline Find More Posts by BennyLaird
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 12:12 AM
Melbourne, Victoria, Oz.
Joined Oct 2000
314 Posts
Good to see yoo back and with a great range of toys too!!
hugh
Oneson1 is offline Find More Posts by Oneson1
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:21 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
1,439 Posts
I have heaps of ideas for stuff you could do on the 3D Printer.

The other Hugh
MerlinV is offline Find More Posts by MerlinV
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:13 AM
Hoppers Crossing Vic. Australia
Joined Nov 2002
1,548 Posts
All I need is a drawing which I can convert to an .stl file. It can print most things but does need supports at times.

Just having a play with RealFlight 6. Kids will love it tomorrow.

And also had a fathers day pressie from my kids. The little Parkzone F4U Corsair. Have to give it a go in the gym tomorrow.
BennyLaird is offline Find More Posts by BennyLaird
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:24 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,660 Posts
Hi Benny mate, welcome back into the fold. Although, you're making me awfully jealous. Not only a 3D printer to play with, but access to a gym for flying too.
Since you can cut parts too, see how you get on with this. Parts to cut and a cowl and cylinders for your 3D printer.

Pete
PETERRAKE is offline Find More Posts by PETERRAKE