SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:47 PM
United States, TX, Laredo
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycol79 View Post
@Marvin

Nothing happens in the Gui when Im moving the frame. Its only the i2c error count that changes. The indicators for activated sensors is green.
hmmm the only thing I can tell you right now it to try to get a new clean copy of the 2.1 software and try it again. Just uncomenting the board type and just connecting the rx.

I'll keep brain storming here.
marvin081 is online now Find More Posts by marvin081
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
Australia, NSW, Bradbury
Joined Dec 2007
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagifly View Post
Answered my own question by studying the config h page, the red led marked 1 on the board starts flashing when the GPS has picked up 5 satellites.
Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!

Dave H
Hi Dave,
You're quite right, however, when the board is "armed", the red led stays on solid and the green one on the right side then flashes indicating 5 or more satellites. It had me confused for a while..!!

Cheers,
Smithy.
knobby1 is offline Find More Posts by knobby1
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:49 PM
United Kingdom, Hailsham
Joined Aug 2007
73 Posts
Not yet tried it on a machine yet Smithy, thanks for the info. If the bloody wind and rain give me a chance i will prove it on Wednesday. Hoping to set up and do a test hop in the garage tomorrow (tues) then if good give it a blast outside. The joys of being retired, spent the evening wondering why I couldnt load anything in Arduino, the board voltage was set at 3.3v. Wot a plonker.

Dave h
zagifly is offline Find More Posts by zagifly
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:00 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Greetings .. anybody tried out heading hold/carefree with this board? I noticed HMC5883 mag is lined up with the Y-axis (unlike the Crius AIO which is lined up with the X). Although the GUI shows the frame moving and pointing to the right direction, heading hold does not "lock" - even with higher PID settings and carefree "feels" 90 degrees off. The board has been calibrated for Mag and Accel - so those have been taken care of. Regards ....
majik01 is offline Find More Posts by majik01
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
This HK MWC 2560 board looks the the one found here. http://www.smartdrones.de/collection...l-mega-version A manual can be downloaded at the product page.
Can somebody put together a simple how-to for this board?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:15 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik01 View Post
This HK MWC 2560 board looks the the one found here. http://www.smartdrones.de/collection...l-mega-version A manual can be downloaded at the product page.
Can somebody put together a simple how-to for this board?
Theres a few boards that look very much like this one. Including the one from GoodLuckBuy. HobbyKing has some files from the product page you can get started with. Check those out.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...PS_Module.html
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
Theres a few boards that look very much like this one. Including the one from GoodLuckBuy. HobbyKing has some files from the product page you can get started with. Check those out.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...PS_Module.html
Thank you ... actually used those posted files to get my quad flying. My board has most of the basic MWC functions working okay except heading hold. HH is important for carefree and RTH to work. It could be isolated in my case ... it has been known to happen.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:27 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik01 View Post
Thank you ... actually used those posted files to get my quad flying. My board has most of the basic MWC functions working okay except heading hold. HH is important for carefree and RTH to work. It could be isolated in my case ... it has been known to happen.
You may have to calibrate the mag.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:12 AM
Disturbed, but in a good way.
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Nov 2009
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2 View Post
Which firmware did you end up using?

Tim
MTK3329_A1.5E_20110118_10Hz_115200.bin

I found it in theOLD firmwares folder of my MTK_firmware_tools folder.

I rigged up my FTDI unit that I got with my HK MW SE 2.0. Took me a few tries before I realised I needed to hook the RX to TX and the TX to RX. Seems obvious now....

7 satellites under a tin roof! So chuffed!

The main board is running v2.1 firmware. Just uncommented the following lines under the GPS section of config.h

#define GPS_SERIAL 2
#define GPS_BAUD 115200
RotoGoat is offline Find More Posts by RotoGoat
Last edited by RotoGoat; Sep 25, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Jul 2012
109 Posts
Okie dokie... I'm having a play with the board tonight... I'm clueless about programming, but I can follow cryptic clues to come up with solutions. Unfortunately I've come up against a problem. I finally figured out that to load the Arduplane firmware onto the chip, I need to use Arduino to compile and upload the programming.

I've downloaded ArduplaneNG and am trying to compile it in Arduino 1.01, but it refuses to write, coming up with an error, saying 'AP_int16' does not name a type. I have no clue what this means, and that's just the first in a long list of errors in parameters.h. I'm really stretching myself trying to figure this out. Anyone out there with some clues?

I've tried loading ArducopterNG and got the same errors.

EDIT: I've found the problem! I must have stuffed a file somewhere along the way. I re-unzipped arduplane into the Arduino sketchfile and hey presto! I've got lights!
lobstermash is offline Find More Posts by lobstermash
Last edited by lobstermash; Sep 25, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Jul 2012
109 Posts
OK, last thing I'm struggling on is enabling the GPS. I can't seem to find where I need to enable it in APNG, and in MultiWii I can't figure out where to set the aircraft type! It's getting late, so I'm going to bed, but any help would be mightily appreciated.
lobstermash is offline Find More Posts by lobstermash
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Yaw problem

I just installed the MWC with v2.1 Multiwii in a quad X configuration. Everything looks great on the GUI (control movements, gyro movements, GPS working). The problem is when I take off it yaws to the left and I can't seem to control the yaw with the transmitter. All other control works fine (pitch, roll, and throttle). Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Bill Winston is offline Find More Posts by Bill Winston
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:03 PM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstermash View Post
..and in MultiWii I can't figure out where to set the aircraft type!...
Section 1 and 2 in config.h, might be what you're looking for.

These are in section 1:
//#define FLYING_WING
//#define VTAIL4
//#define AIRPLANE

Have fun.
Section 2 lets you fiddle with various airplane specific settings.

Have fun.
/J
JNJO is offline Find More Posts by JNJO
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Yaw problem solved- Finally flying

The yaw problem was due to the fact that, at idle, the controls have no effect. Once power is applied, the controls start reacting, At about 1/2 throttle, I get lift off and all controls work normally. Now to try RTH and Position Hold. GPS is being recognized by the software.
Bill Winston is offline Find More Posts by Bill Winston
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:51 PM
United Kingdom, Hailsham
Joined Aug 2007
73 Posts
Got the board installed into my FPV Tricopter, easy to do and only had to reverse yaw direction. Had a first lift off with Gyro's only, everything going well. Just need the weather to do a full on position hold and RTH, will be doing at least 500-700metres on goggles and using RTH to bring it back.

Dave H
zagifly is offline Find More Posts by zagifly