HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:13 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin081 View Post
Hi. I'm waiting on mine. I order it the same day it came out. It will be my first multiwii I already have a HK KK 2.1 and a KK2. Hopefully I'll understand how to install an config this thing.
It would be great when everyone get their boards to start posting their finding and results here. So others can benefit from it.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, TX, Laredo
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
True that. Is multiwii easy to set up?
marvin081 is offline Find More Posts by marvin081
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:31 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,081 Posts
Depends lol yes and no.
Yes, there's guides and instruction everywhere for Multiwii. And the threads for similar flight boards have a lot of people willing to help out. So you'll figure it out.

No because it's more complicate than the other KK boards like the KK2. Multiwii is sometime referred to as for "hackers" but once figure it out is not that bad.

I don't have one yet but from everything I've read (a lot lol) it's good stuff!

Like everything else with this hobby, once you start messing around with it, you'll be good.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
Cool. I got it to test out the alt hold and the heading hold and it will be nice if it supports hands free waypoint navigation.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin081 View Post
Cool. I got it to test out the alt hold and the heading hold and it will be nice if it supports hands free waypoint navigation.
For waypoints you're going to use the MegaPirateNG firmware instead of Multiwii.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:58 AM
R/C ruined me, But i have fun!
Denmark, Nordjylland, Nørresundby
Joined Jan 2012
41 Posts
I ordered one as well and it is on its way here. It's my first multiwii board ever so i hope i can get it to work with either ArduCopter or MegaPirateNG. They look pretty awesome What will you guys be using it for? Just fly it around or FPV or maybe a drone? I'll be using it for FPV so i hope the RTH function will work. That'll be pretty cool. If i loose video signal i can just flip a switch on the transmitter and it comes right back to me - i hope..

/Martin
ParamiLL is offline Find More Posts by ParamiLL
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:43 PM
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
For now ill be using it to fly around and shoot some videos and maybe make leap to FPV. I have been trying to find out how to configure and update software... I still have a lot of reading to do. My board should get here sometime this week hopefully.
Last edited by marvin081; Sep 11, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:42 PM
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUERGEN_ View Post
GPS has no EEPROM.
simple Adding a I2C EEPROM for modules without : D

http://i2c-gps-nav.googlecode.com/fi...x-hw-hacks.pdf
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Last edited by snapper1234; Sep 12, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
Is this a necessary step for this particular gps module? Or is more of a "if it can be done,why not" scenario?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:48 PM
Canada, ON, Alliston
Joined Sep 2009
178 Posts
still in stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
Its on back order now!
looks like they still have some....ooops all gone
rernewe is offline Find More Posts by rernewe
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:39 PM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1234 View Post
simple Adding a I2C EEPROM for modules without : D

http://i2c-gps-nav.googlecode.com/fi...x-hw-hacks.pdf
Does not apply to the HK Pro, different GPS, the battery charges just fine, so no errors with components. I have been trying the HK board for 3 days now, not just speculating.

GPS works just fine without doing anything to the GPS board.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...54&postcount=9
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:54 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
the reason i stressed on the weak baro... just cuz... at the same price... you can get better sensor.. (AIO)... then why bother...

speaking of "high end"(kind of) we are looking at good alt hold, rth/rtl, loiter... and if baro is weak...it will cause unstable flight when alt hold is on and great power consumption(depend on pid somehow)
I am actually testing the HK board, not speculating.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...70&postcount=8

I have extensively bench tested the Baro and found it is not bad as reported when used correctly.

Like ALL baros, it is very sensitive to both LIGHT and Prop Wash.

You need to shield the baro [any baro] from both LIGHT and PROP WASH

Many people are not aware that the baros are very sensitive to light.

First time you read that you may think I am smoking something funny, I am not, it is a fact and affects all baros I have tried so far.

I also have the Crius AIOP and GPS board on order from RCtimer, ordered a day before I ordered the HK one which arrived 3 days ago.

Have not received the order from Rctimer, I paid Rctimer $16 extra for express shipping but they used some new CLEVER NOVEL bulk shipping method that is anything but express while charging for express, first time and last time I order anything from Rctimer.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:45 AM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
i do know baro is sensitive to light and prop wash... thus the test that has been run thru are properly shielded... and all work has been done on esd mat
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:59 AM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
i do know baro is sensitive to light and prop wash... thus the test that has been run thru are properly shielded... and all work has been done on esd mat
I figured you already knew.

If Rctimer ever get around to delivering my "Express" shipped Crius AIOP I will be able to compare the two Baros.

I mentioned sensitivity to light for those who may be unaware that exposure to light and shade does make the Baro jump significantly.

I was far more interested in the Crius AIOP but since RCtimer shipped mine by snail and HK delivered in 3 days, I am quite impressed with the HK product so far, nearly ready to test fly on a hexcopter

To shield the Baro from light I used double sided tape leaving a channel clear from the edge to the hole, stuck a piece of black opaque shrink wrap to it, the enclosure should deal with prop wash.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Sep 16, 2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: added text and photo
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:07 AM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
I figured you already knew.

If Rctimer ever get around to delivering my "Express" shipped Crius AIOP I will be able to compare the two Baros.

I mentioned sensitivity to light for those who may be unaware that exposure to light and shade does make the Baro jump significantly.
i actually was planning to get the AIOP baro from sparkfun for like 30 bucks.. for better accuracy...

bmp085.. is really.. i'd say some people do have good results... and for most people.. like me.. even it is sitting on the table shielded...the reading jumps around @+/-0.1M...
from what i've read.. there needs some serious codes to get rid of noise... which cant be done easily... but ms5611 is designed for easy coding and good precision.. (just fyi)
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933