HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:50 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richi555 View Post
Hi.
Is possible control pitch of the camera when is servo connected with stabilization?
Yes it is possible.
majik01 is offline Find More Posts by majik01
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:00 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik01 View Post
Yes it is possible.
I have managed to get roll and pitch stabilization with servos on D44 and D45, but I have had no luck getting a camera trigger servo working on D46 - have tried all possible combinations in Mission Planner - any suggestions?
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:07 AM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiWE View Post
I have managed to get roll and pitch stabilization with servos on D44 and D45, but I have had no luck getting a camera trigger servo working on D46 - have tried all possible combinations in Mission Planner - any suggestions?
If you are using MPNG, you would probably have a better chance of getting an answer in the RCG MPNG threads.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:13 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8 Posts
Hi I bought the card in topic
I also bought BT module Ebay 261128344954 But this is 9600
How do you change 115200 for communicating with MultiWii
Or should I buy to change BPS USB TTL converter Ebay 310511987503

thanks

In Italiano

Salve ho comprato la scheda in topic
Ho anche comprato Modulo BT Ebay 261128344954 Ma questo è 9600
Come si fa a cambiare in 115200 per comunicare con MultiWii
O devo comprare per cambiare BPS convertitore USB TTL Ebay 310511987503

Grazie
saviothecnic is offline Find More Posts by saviothecnic
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:50 AM
Joined May 2008
2 Posts
I cannot execute Mw-Wingui 2.1 for some reason on my PC. After the wizard I get the attached windows unhandled exception error.

Any suggestion on how to solve this?
bukeym is offline Find More Posts by bukeym
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:52 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukeym View Post
I cannot execute Mw-Wingui 2.1 for some reason on my PC. After the wizard I get the attached windows unhandled exception error.

Any suggestion on how to solve this?
Looks like a file access error. Try running it as admin.
LegendLength is offline Find More Posts by LegendLength
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:12 PM
Joined Oct 2008
11 Posts
Hi guys

I have loaded MultiWii 2.1 onto the board and after firing up WinGUI I can get the intereface to show any yaw/pich/roll displacements I make with the quad howerver with The turnigy plush 18A ESC set up and programmed and all Travel Adjust and limit adj values on my JR 11X set to 150% (I also tried 100%) there is no reaction on the GUI to any stick inputs I make on the transmitter (nor will the board arm as i have seen in a couple of videos). The RX is bound and if I plug them in individually to the rx, all of the ESC's arm and spin up in the correct direction.

Anyone have any ideas?? Do you think its an issue with what I have/haven't defined in the sketch or a tx programming issue?

this is all that I have changed in the basic MW 2.1 sketch:

#define QUADX
#define FFIMUv2

I have changed nothing else and am not using the GPS at this time so have not plugged it in or touched any of its deffinitions in the sketch.

This is my first attempt at building a quad so am a pure noob at this, therefore I am sure it will be something simple I have overlooked.

Thanks.
renick is offline Find More Posts by renick
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:02 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renick View Post
Hi guys

I have loaded MultiWii 2.1 onto the board and after firing up WinGUI I can get the intereface to show any yaw/pich/roll displacements I make with the quad howerver with The turnigy plush 18A ESC set up and programmed and all Travel Adjust and limit adj values on my JR 11X set to 150% (I also tried 100%) there is no reaction on the GUI to any stick inputs I make on the transmitter (nor will the board arm as i have seen in a couple of videos). The RX is bound and if I plug them in individually to the rx, all of the ESC's arm and spin up in the correct direction.

Anyone have any ideas?? Do you think its an issue with what I have/haven't defined in the sketch or a tx programming issue?

this is all that I have changed in the basic MW 2.1 sketch:

#define QUADX
#define FFIMUv2

I have changed nothing else and am not using the GPS at this time so have not plugged it in or touched any of its deffinitions in the sketch.

This is my first attempt at building a quad so am a pure noob at this, therefore I am sure it will be something simple I have overlooked.

Thanks.
Your board needs to be armed to show motor activity. a) Your radio needs to be in PPM mode. To arm - full right Yaw (need signal of 2000) and full down Throttle (900 or less). b) Adjust trims to get the board to arm and go to your radio end points to get to the right signal levels to make it "permanent".
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:29 PM
Joined Feb 2013
975 Posts
Motors Won't Arm

No matter what, they won't.

New build quad w/HobbyKing/Holybro Mega card

Things I have checked or attended to are:

1) Cleared EEPROM w/Aurduino utility

2) Fresh load of MW 2.1

3) Config.h triple checked and all annotated items are correct.
(Motor arm mode set to fire with rudder stick hard right at no throttle in cofig.h.)

4) Gyro & Acc calibrated and verified in GUI

5) Mag calibrated and verified correct in GUI
(All sensors show as zeroed and functional in GUI graph traces)
(GPS works, too, pulls 9 birds inside the house, although I don't think this matters.)

6) Verify all RC channels function in GUI "Raw Data" window.

7) RC TX Yaw (Rudder) channel travel adjusted to Sub 1 mS/over 2 mS limits
(Verified in GUI)

8) Set motor arm PW in config.h to low value (1mS) to ensure ESCs are arm-able.
Speed controls are happy campers, no "throttle too high" error beeps are present.
(Verifed in GUI, as well.)

9) Assign "ARM" in RC config in GUI for *all* AUX switch postition(s) allowing arming in any selected flight mode. (Verfied in GUI w/orange bar over "ARM" row header.)

Observed:
No motor arm or run activity from correct TX stick action

No indication of "ARM" mode active in GUI
(Lower RH side of "Realtime Data" screen, high-lights dark red when a function is active/available.)

LED 1 on EFC flashes continuously (I'm assuming it's not supposed to during normal operation ??)

Anybody have an idea as to what gives ????
Electro 2 is offline Find More Posts by Electro 2
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:30 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
LED 1 on EFC flashes continuously (I'm assuming it's not supposed to during normal operation ??)

Bad flash
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:12 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
mwc setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro 2 View Post
No matter what, they won't.

New build quad w/HobbyKing/Holybro Mega card

Things I have checked or attended to are:

1) Cleared EEPROM w/Aurduino utility

2) Fresh load of MW 2.1

3) Config.h triple checked and all annotated items are correct.
(Motor arm mode set to fire with rudder stick hard right at no throttle in cofig.h.)

4) Gyro & Acc calibrated and verified in GUI

5) Mag calibrated and verified correct in GUI
(All sensors show as zeroed and functional in GUI graph traces)
(GPS works, too, pulls 9 birds inside the house, although I don't think this matters.)

6) Verify all RC channels function in GUI "Raw Data" window.

7) RC TX Yaw (Rudder) channel travel adjusted to Sub 1 mS/over 2 mS limits
(Verified in GUI)

8) Set motor arm PW in config.h to low value (1mS) to ensure ESCs are arm-able.
Speed controls are happy campers, no "throttle too high" error beeps are present.
(Verifed in GUI, as well.)

9) Assign "ARM" in RC config in GUI for *all* AUX switch postition(s) allowing arming in any selected flight mode. (Verfied in GUI w/orange bar over "ARM" row header.)

Observed:
No motor arm or run activity from correct TX stick action

No indication of "ARM" mode active in GUI
(Lower RH side of "Realtime Data" screen, high-lights dark red when a function is active/available.)

Anybody have an idea as to what gives ????

Just a quick observation - #9 you should not have arm selected for any aux channel unless you want to manually arm using an aux channel - normal arm and disarm would be through the yaw stick.
Have you set the throttle range of the ESC's?
What is the exact setting that you have changed for #8 is this the MINTHROTTLE or the MINCOMMAND. If the MINCOMMAND is not set correctly then some ESC's will not initiate.
What are the other settings that you have changed in config.h? Are there any I2C errors in the GUI? Can you post a screen shot of GUI connected.

Cheers
justk1w1 is offline Find More Posts by justk1w1
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:08 PM
Joined Feb 2013
975 Posts
Thanks to all who replied. The "RC Settings" multiple assigns were an issue, but not the only issue it would appear. Since there is no documentation, one's natural assumption would be that these options are an additional safety layer performing an "and" function, you have explained that they are an "excusive or". One must select one arm mode or the other, not both. Still no action, though. Still a flashing light. Attached are the screen shots and the relevant portions of the config.h file.
#define QUADX
#define MINTHROTTLE 1300
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1900
#define MINCOMMAND 950
#define I2C_SPEED 100000L
#define FFIMUv2
#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:37 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro 2 View Post
Thanks to all who replied. The "RC Settings" multiple assigns were an issue, but not the only issue it would appear. Since there is no documentation, one's natural assumption would be that these options are an additional safety layer performing an "and" function, you have explained that they are an "excusive or". One must select one arm mode or the other, not both. Still no action, though. Still a flashing light. Attached are the screen shots and the relevant portions of the config.h file.
#define QUADX
#define MINTHROTTLE 1300
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1900
#define MINCOMMAND 950
#define I2C_SPEED 100000L
#define FFIMUv2
#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW
Your throttle level is too high ... trim it down to 900 or below. Your full right Yaw should be 1900 or higher ... trim it up to reach that level. Make the setting permanent on the radio via sub-trim or end-point adjustments.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:40 PM
Joined Feb 2013
975 Posts
Thanks to Majik for his reply, but all of these items have have already been addressed. A mincommand of 950 uS is sufficently low enough to arm these particular ESCs. Verified during ESC profiling and during the 24 hour burn-in cycle I gave them before assembly of the craft even began. Used an external PWM data source, (Ace RC's Datamaster), for this. This setting is stable over temprature and voltage as well, verified during burn-in, again. No "throttle too high for arm" error beeps are emitted by the ESCs, they are happy. The TX Yaw channel PW slew range is 996 uS to 2022 uS with the channel servo travel at 132% (Spektrum brand radio). I'm still scratching my head. Can the presence/absence of a GPS signal kill arm ??? If the GPS baud rate or update rate was incorrect it would still fly as long as you didn't use the GPS for a poshold or RTH, right ??? (I'm grabbing at straws here.) Thanks, again.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:10 PM
I Fly With Wood
United States, FL, Coral Springs
Joined Sep 2008
43 Posts
MultiWii Pro setup

Finally got all of the programs loaded and working in my PC for this board. Running Open GUI , and Arduino 1_0_03. Changed the parameters as per jabram's instructions on RCG. I'm using this board for the Fiberglass C-3 sold here at HK, and selected Tri as there was no Y copter indicated in Arduino MultiWii. Can I do this? My Y copter has a swivel tail motor mount. Another thin... I uploaded all the new settings, and everything seems fine, with no error messages, but the controllers leds now blink alternately green, and red. Did I do something wrong? Or is this just the GPS trying to acquire? Of corse I was inside when I did this....
flashted is offline Find More Posts by flashted