HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:35 AM
Norway, Sogn og Fjordane, Askvoll
Joined Aug 2012
60 Posts
Can please someone help me or give me some tips to set up the stick settings for Level, HH, Alt hold, and RTH with only 2 switch (Aux1 + Aux2) on a DX6i Tx. ? I want to fly FPV so its best to set "level" alltime on..?

Mic
Bigmic is offline Find More Posts by Bigmic
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:32 AM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Picked up the whitspy board a few days ago and after much tinkering I was able to get things working good.

My big issue was that his board ships with the Ublock GPS and is said to be pre-configured on his site but is was not at all. I followed the setup guide at the start of this thread and got the GPS setup.

I also found out that after you setup the GPS that the easy thing to do is then download the 2.1 with GPS files from his site (https://hotfile.com/dl/182006241/a57...0_gps.zip.html) and just change FREEIMUv043 - to FFIMUv2 and your all set.

I think he could at least provide a link to the thread on his website and or simply state that all you have to do (after setting up the GPS) is change FREEIMUv043 - to FFIMUv2 and your all set.

Mo.
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Last edited by mohillbilly; Dec 26, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:36 AM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmic View Post
Can please someone help me or give me some tips to set up the stick settings for Level, HH, Alt hold, and RTH with only 2 switch (Aux1 + Aux2) on a DX6i Tx. ? I want to fly FPV so its best to set "level" alltime on..?

Mic
I would leave the "level" setting on all the time with FPV as auto level is not prone to bother you like others.

On mine I just ran the GUI and plug in the pack (without props) move controls on the radio and you should see the inputs. Find where on the chart your aux switches are on and the click that box green. Click on write setting and your all set.

Mo.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Aug 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohillbilly View Post
I would leave the "level" setting on all the time with FPV as auto level is not prone to bother you like others.

On mine I just ran the GUI and plug in the pack (without props) move controls on the radio and you should see the inputs. Find where on the chart your aux switches are on and the click that box green. Click on write setting and your all set.

Mo.
Yes thats ok - but i want to know which combination for the to Aux chanels is the best PH on the first and RTH on the other...?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:58 AM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Its all up to what you pick on the GUI for those switches to control. On my Futaba I have it set on a dial. 0 is no level or anything, 50% is auto level, and 100% is POSHOLD. Then I have RTH on a different switch.

Mo.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Dec 2012
287 Posts
Ok Martin, I have gotten a little headway. But when verify happens I keep getting this:

Error Compiling
core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\Users\Dingus\Desktop\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:5: undefined reference to `setup'
C:\Users\Dingus\Desktop\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:15: undefined reference to `loop'

Heading to work...might bring this thing along and try some trouble shooting at lunch..

Thanks for the help with identifying the need for opening certain files in order to get them into tabs. That helped a ton so far....
alwaysconfused is offline Find More Posts by alwaysconfused
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:58 AM
Joined Aug 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Its all up to what you pick on the GUI for those switches to control. On my Futaba I have it set on a dial. 0 is no level or anything, 50% is auto level, and 100% is POSHOLD. Then I have RTH on a different switch.

Mo.
So you have Only Gyro on 0% and only auto-level on 50% and ONLY PH on 100% (without Autolevel - I mean Auto-Level off) ?

And RTH only on the other switch?

What is with HH and Alt.-hold...?
Last edited by Bigmic; Dec 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
0 is only Gyro (3d stuff) - 50% is with auto level - 100% has the auto level on and will also engage the poshold and althold. In other words fly to that spot and stay there....

Then I can hit the Aux 2 sw and have it return to home.

Mo.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Aug 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
0 is only Gyro (3d stuff) - 50% is with auto level - 100% has the auto level on and will also engage the poshold and althold. In other words fly to that spot and stay there....

Then I can hit the Aux 2 sw and have it return to home.

Mo.
OK! Nice - Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Aug 2012
60 Posts
Is it smart to combine HH with RTH funktion?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:41 AM
United Kingdom, Abingdon
Joined Dec 2012
30 Posts
Mind adding my videos to your post, they include a video tutorial.

Hobbyking Multiwii PRO with GPS 3329 Setup video with readymade code (5 min 2 sec)

Multiwii Final code with GPS enabled ttutorial and readymade files. (3 min 14 sec)

Multiwii pro Megapirate code setup by me! (3 min 53 sec)
JaredReabow is offline Find More Posts by JaredReabow
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:03 PM
R/C ruined me, But i have fun!
Denmark, Nordjylland, Nørresundby
Joined Jan 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysconfused View Post
Ok Martin, I have gotten a little headway. But when verify happens I keep getting this:

Error Compiling
core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\Users\Dingus\Desktop\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:5: undefined reference to `setup'
C:\Users\Dingus\Desktop\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:15: undefined reference to `loop'

Heading to work...might bring this thing along and try some trouble shooting at lunch..

Thanks for the help with identifying the need for opening certain files in order to get them into tabs. That helped a ton so far....
Well you're welcome so far

It is kinda hard to say what those errors mean, and what to do, to correct them when i don't have the full code. Try going to the "main" tab and see in the setup file and loop file if anything is wrong. Don't correct anything yet. It is kinda tricky in there. Maybe you have uncommented several things in the same "subject" so to say. That could maybe trigger these errors.

/Martin
ParamiLL is offline Find More Posts by ParamiLL
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:50 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmic View Post
Is it smart to combine HH with RTH funktion?
Its set to turn off the HH when I hit RTH
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, VA, Lynchburg
Joined Dec 2003
40 Posts
Finally got sum ppm / cppm working.

Uncomment the proper sum ppm line in config.h for my frsky receiver:

#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4

This enables sum ppm on arduino digital pin 19, which on this board is mapped to the RX pin on Serial1.

Plugged one end of a male to male servo cable into the cppm output of receiver (channel 1 on D8R-XP) on the other end of the servo wire I removed the signal wire, and put it on the RX pin on the serial1 header.

Works like a charm.

I realize that an alternative would be making changes to the code to use a different pin, but I'm not too swift with code, so this is the best alternative for me.
ki4aoa is offline Find More Posts by ki4aoa
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:19 PM
Bill
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
I have a GPS/OSD question I'm hoping someone can answer.
I have WiteSpy's v2 board with the MTK3329 GPS and a cheap HK GPS/OSD on the way. I'm wondering if there is a way to pass the GPS signal through the controller to the OSD or do I have to install the 2nd GPS antenna?
HiFlyer371 is offline Find More Posts by HiFlyer371